Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 69963 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #660 on: September 22, 2023, 01:10:07 AM »
The Demons congratulated Yze on his appointment at Punt Road.

Melbourne general manager of AFL football performance Alan Richardson said Yze had “a profound impact” on the club during his time at the Demons.

“Adem has had a significant impact on our football program since joining the club three years ago,” Richardson said.

“His ability to read the game and the direction he was able to provide our players and coaches was first class, and we are thrilled to see him get this opportunity.

“On behalf of everyone at the club, we would like to wish Adem and his family all the very best for the future.”

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-adem-yze-to-be-the-next-coach-of-richmond/news-story/4ad4ad10b7e74216ff3289115629ec9c

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #661 on: September 22, 2023, 06:32:40 AM »
Remember Yze as a good player- a clever player. I think it is a bonus he was an assistant under Clarkson. I think it was the right decision to get an outsider.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #662 on: September 22, 2023, 06:45:24 AM »
Will give him some time to settle but the real change is needed with our list and assistant coaches imo. Keen to see who will want to jump on board now

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #663 on: September 22, 2023, 07:26:58 AM »
Any idea what happens with Mini. Personally think it'd be awkward for Yze to come work for the guy who was in charge for 6 months, failed to get the job now works under him.

He said at his final pre match presser I think it was that if he didn't get the gig he wouldn't stay as it would be unfair on the person coming initially he did (posted this a few posts back BTW).

Say what you like shout him as a coach but he's carried himself with class all the way through IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #664 on: September 22, 2023, 07:31:10 AM »
Remember Yze as a good player- a clever player. I think it is a bonus he was an assistant under Clarkson. I think it was the right decision to get an outsider.

He was the Albanian Mattie Knights, one sided, classy but ultimately an offensive weapon for his team.
Knighter coached as his played, let’s hope Yze doesn’t fall for the same 2 card trick.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #665 on: September 22, 2023, 07:52:26 AM »
By the sounds of it he’s tactically brilliant so the only questions have been about his persona as a coach. He comes across as a caring and endearing person… can’t wait to see more.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #666 on: September 22, 2023, 09:05:49 AM »
Mini must be gutted, but I think we need a new message and assistant cleanout

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #667 on: September 22, 2023, 09:19:19 AM »
Any idea what happens with Mini. Personally think it'd be awkward for Yze to come work for the guy who was in charge for 6 months, failed to get the job now works under him.

He said at his final pre match presser I think it was that if he didn't get the gig he wouldn't stay as it would be unfair on the person coming initially he did (posted this a few posts back BTW).

Say what you like shout him as a coach but he's carried himself with class all the way through IMHO

Been fantastic. Just read he will depart the club.

Integral to our success, will no doubt be successful elsewhere but I believe we made the right call as a new voice and era begins. All the best Mini.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #668 on: September 22, 2023, 10:16:44 AM »
From Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' column:

IF ...
Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel once combined to turn a particular song into a chart-topping success ...

THEN ...
Adem Yze may have embraced it as his motivation. After 43 second placings - well, maybe not that many, but a lot - he's secured a senior coaching gig. Yes, I know the lyrics don't quite line up with his story. But the title does, and I love his refusal to stop trying. Don't Give Up.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1036163/sliding-doors

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #669 on: September 22, 2023, 10:20:35 AM »
Richmond's new senior coach Adem Yze will speak to the media, alongside CEO Brendon Gale and President John O’Rourke, from approximately 10.30am today.

Live stream here: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1436129/yze-press-conference-live

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #670 on: September 22, 2023, 10:31:31 AM »
Richmond's new senior coach Adem Yze will speak to the media, alongside CEO Brendon Gale and President John O’Rourke, from approximately 10.30am today.

Live stream here: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1436129/yze-press-conference-live

Starting now.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #671 on: September 22, 2023, 10:44:33 AM »
He has a good sense of humour

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: September 22, 2023, 10:56:24 AM »
Sounds like there will be some new assistant coaches. Spoke fondly about Ratten. Worked with newman at hawks too.. wonder if he will jump on board as an assistant.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: September 22, 2023, 10:57:48 AM »
Watching that press conference - Adem looks so much like Tom Hafey in the face . Once you see it you can’t unsee it 😂

Very impressive- to live in the past you die in the present ❤️
Unleash the tornado

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #674 on: September 22, 2023, 11:00:19 AM »
Are there any details around how long hes actually signed on for ? Would be an indicator of the clubs confidence