Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 69141 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #780 on: March 24, 2024, 08:10:04 PM »
Le Fau bit of meh for me, looked bewildered, I think YZE is the way to go? Get the kids in, get some draft picks, we are going to have some bad games this year, I think Dusty is done (sadly)

Hold our heads high after  3 flags in 4 dominant years and get on with the rebuild.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #781 on: March 24, 2024, 09:40:52 PM »
Not a great start IMO.

Expected to see clear signs of non negotiable standards like pressure and adequate execution of skills which are things any new coach can implement and demand from the first day.

Unfortunately both these are below standard across the board besides maybe Baker I don't think anyone can be proud of either their skills or pressure applied with at least one being deplorably below standard.

Standards are a non negotiable requirement. I'm not expecting newbies or players with less than 2 years experience in the vfl to be elite players but if a new coach cannot set a standard then it's not much hope in the execution of any planned vision. The proof is in the pudding that these two attributes are clearly not priority for this coaching department.

How many premiership players do we still have? 
There's really no excuses to this level of mediocrity.

A coaching department can either accept it or demand a higher standard. I'm not confident at this stage from anything I've seen in the three games so far.
Its actually been pretty underwhelming.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #782 on: March 25, 2024, 06:13:41 AM »
I think yze has had a good start. It’s not about the wins as whether the word is said or not, we are rebuilding. Skills have been poor but the guy has had 1 pre season. I think give him atleast one more especially with the younger players who need developing and haven’t played under dimma for 10 years

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #783 on: March 30, 2024, 05:31:25 PM »
From Barrett's Sliding Doors column:

IF ...
Dimma took 10 matches to register his first win as coach of Richmond ...

THEN ...
I really hope Adem Yze doesn't have to wait as long.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1095261/if-the-crows-want-us-to-believe-in-their-potential-then

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #784 on: March 30, 2024, 07:14:45 PM »
I think yze has had a good start. It’s not about the wins as whether the word is said or not, we are rebuilding. Skills have been poor but the guy has had 1 pre season. I think give him atleast one more especially with the younger players who need developing and haven’t played under dimma for 10 years

What do you think he stands for?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #785 on: March 31, 2024, 06:42:46 PM »
LOL at Yze copping the bulk of the gatorade  :laugh:.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #786 on: April 01, 2024, 03:17:44 AM »
Kudos also to Adam Yze, who out-coached John Longmire today, and then some. Richmond took Sydney on at their own game and came up trumps. Not since the 2022 Grand Final have I seen the Swans be outplayed and so impotent in a quarter as they were in the third. The Tigers’ pressure was immense, and the Swans crumbled as Liam Baker, Kamdyn McIntosh, both Rioli’s, Shai Bolton, Nathan Broad, Marlion Pickett, Nick Vlastuin, a kid called Seth Campbell, and others ran amok and set the Tigers up for the win. The backs and mids were ably supported by Tom Lynch, Rhyan Mansell (he is a beauty) and another kid, former NRL prodigy, Mykelti Lefau, rewarding their hard work with goals.

If Richmond fans ever get disheartened this year about their future, I recommend them to watch a replay of their third quarter today, as the past, the present and future of the Tigers was on display.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl-season-2024/2024/03/31/r3-richmond-v-sydney-the-mongrel-review/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #787 on: April 08, 2024, 07:09:58 PM »
Yze on AFL360 right now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #788 on: April 19, 2024, 08:18:45 PM »
From Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' column:

IF ...
the injury list includes Lynch, Short, Taranto, Gibcus, Prestia, Hopper, Grimes, Balta and Ross ...

THEN ...
new coach Adem Yze has little hope. Really feel for him.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1110272/if-nick-daicos-is-yet-to-reach-the-extraordinary-levels-of-2023-then

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #789 on: April 20, 2024, 09:31:06 PM »
Makes me wonder if they trained badly over the summer to get so many injuries now. Or is it just age.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #790 on: April 21, 2024, 03:11:07 AM »
Age for some
Meehan
Bit of bad luck

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: April 21, 2024, 06:32:03 AM »
Age for some
Meehan
Bit of bad luck

Good post. Craw, take note of quality and brevity
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #792 on: April 21, 2024, 10:25:52 AM »
Makes me wonder if they trained badly over the summer to get so many injuries now. Or is it just age.

Talking with some players, they said it was the best pre-season they have experienced at the club for a few years. Maybe our pre-game warmups need changing or maybe it's just plain back luck. Either way this department requires review.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #793 on: April 21, 2024, 10:32:55 AM »

Talking with some players, they said it was the best pre-season they have experienced at the club for a few years. Maybe our pre-game warmups need changing or maybe it's just plain back luck. Either way this department requires review.

It's interesting

Quite a few clubs are having issues with soft tissue injuries.

I've been wondering if it has anything to do with the shorter pre-seasons now? Teams who didn't make finals used to start pre-season sometime in Oct now it's a month later...

Agree that it is an area that must be reviewed. Ditto medical and physio
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #794 on: April 22, 2024, 07:54:57 PM »
It’s being reviewed.