Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 69136 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #750 on: March 01, 2024, 10:42:10 PM »
From Barrett's Sliding Doors column.

IF ...
Adam Kingsley last year took over a team which looked tired after several seasons of high-end ladder finishes and re-energised it all the way to a one-point preliminary final loss ...

THEN ...
the 2023 GWS story provides the hope and maybe even the blueprint for Adem Yze in 2024.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1080579/afl-sliding-doors-damian-barrett-if-there-are-loads-of-problems-at-the-demons-right-now-then

age demographic comparison and how many young a graders do they have compared to us now?

im not sure you can compare the lists unless we get some more talent in the door.

We are miles off a prelim.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #751 on: March 02, 2024, 06:03:30 AM »
From Barrett's Sliding Doors column.

IF ...
Adam Kingsley last year took over a team which looked tired after several seasons of high-end ladder finishes and re-energised it all the way to a one-point preliminary final loss ...

THEN ...
the 2023 GWS story provides the hope and maybe even the blueprint for Adem Yze in 2024.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1080579/afl-sliding-doors-damian-barrett-if-there-are-loads-of-problems-at-the-demons-right-now-then

age demographic comparison and how many young a graders do they have compared to us now?

im not sure you can compare the lists unless we get some more talent in the door.

We are miles off a prelim.

And where are we gonna get the talent from? Surely the club isn’t so delusional to think sonesie, Clark, Dow, are our next A graders

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #752 on: March 02, 2024, 08:00:00 AM »
There is only one way sim, the draft.

You can top up but only when u have class. I just think our cupboard is completely bare at the moment with the exception of 3 or 4. I like the kids like brown, Greene but FMD our midfield looks like rubbish and has been for some time.

Gws had the  list we don't have. They just needed a fresh voice

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #753 on: March 02, 2024, 02:49:18 PM »
What about the Pies?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #754 on: March 02, 2024, 04:00:40 PM »
The Pies had the players but had a poo game plan and coach , copied our game plan = flag
We need to rotate the kids with the guidance of the experienced players and if the aren’t the goods move them on , 

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #755 on: March 02, 2024, 04:04:53 PM »
The pies were also able to fleece the draft with 3x father son picks which ended up being critical to the premiership

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #756 on: March 02, 2024, 04:46:14 PM »
the pies have a far superior list, who are in the right age bracket. That is the difference.

How they got those picks is a different topic, but there is no comparison IMO. TT is quality and Dusty is cooked and rightfully so should not be relied upon to be that guy anymore. Bolton well he is next best but as we know goes missing.

Also look what they are getting out of howe, pendlebury and even sidebottom.

we are kidding ourselves if we think plow plodders are the way forward.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #757 on: March 02, 2024, 04:48:34 PM »
So much doom and gloom.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #758 on: March 02, 2024, 05:09:38 PM »
Yeah way too much gloom and doom and the season is still a week away.
Some of it purely based on the kick and giggle footy that was just played.
Let’s wait and see what gets served up
Many moons ago when Kevin sheedy was quizzed as to Essendons performance early in the season he responded and I’m paraphrasing here . It doesn’t settle down until around round 7

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #759 on: March 02, 2024, 05:40:34 PM »
I’ve been thinking - Yze is in a similar position to Spud Frawley when he took over as coach .

He’s inherited a team that still had a nucleus of decent players - a few years removed from their best seasons .

Spud got a spike before the bottom really fell out .

Maybe this is wishful thinking but I’d like to think this incarnation of Richmond won’t let this happen again. Not much has gone wrong under the tenure of Benny Gale .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #760 on: March 02, 2024, 06:40:58 PM »

You can top up but only when u have class. I just think our cupboard is completely bare at the moment with the exception of 3 or 4. I like the kids like brown, Greene but FMD our midfield looks like rubbish and has been for some time.

I agree completely. I just think hit the draft. Bottom out and cop it, what Geelong has done is a one off

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #761 on: March 02, 2024, 07:52:37 PM »
Many moons ago when Kevin sheedy was quizzed as to Essendons performance early in the season he responded and I’m paraphrasing here . It doesn’t settle down until around round 7
Exactly

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #762 on: March 02, 2024, 10:19:47 PM »

so the obvious question is we need to go to the draft to get quality. So when we do go to the draft what is the obvious time frame.

The bottom line is we will need to get enough  GOOD players to what 80 plus  games its not linear injuries failures the whole poo to kaboodle comes into play there is no such thing as a 5 year rebuild we haven't even accepted we need to rebuild despite the last three years.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #763 on: March 03, 2024, 10:25:39 AM »
I think people read far too much into playing lists. The gap isn’t that great from best to worst with a couple of exceptions. Had we not won those 3 flags I am dead certain posters on this forum would have pointed at list deficiencies. Every club has list deficiencies, including the Pies who cast off 4 of their best/better players after 2018 and effectively topped up to then make a run at a flag. Now they are world beaters because of their list?

Coach, off field support and game plan that best suits the list (max out your strengths and try to offset deficiencies - think Georgie role) are the best ways to win a flag.

It’s not a guarantee to win a flag but will get you damn close.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #764 on: March 03, 2024, 10:50:19 AM »

fair point, but i havent changed my view since a few years ago.

1 pre season game didnt sway my opinion as to what players can get us another flag.