Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96347 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #285 on: August 05, 2023, 12:00:19 AM »
Don't know who will be our next coach, all I know is it won't be Mini

Didn't take you long to jump off and unhitch yourself from his wagon
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #286 on: August 05, 2023, 08:17:56 AM »
So many got seduced by Mcqualter its like they completely forgot about the giesch.

A few meaningless wins against weak opposition, and many including the media wanted  to give him bj's.

I'm glad he has been found out so now he isn't guaranteed the job.

He comes across  as very boring and not inspiring at all IMO.

Our game plan or importantly the way we execute is rubbish, and has been since the Swans loss last year. The pies are executing it perfectly without any issues  :shh
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #287 on: August 05, 2023, 10:18:40 AM »

Our game plan or importantly the way we execute is rubbish, and has been since the Swans loss last year. The pies are executing it perfectly without any issues  :shh

So what you are saying it isn't the actual game plan that's the problem but the fact we can't execute anymore?

I've been saying it all year it isn't the game style because the majority of teams play that way or a form of that style  it is our skill level and our inability to execute consistently.

And can I add I am not saying that McQualter should get the job. I want the person the panel deems the right person for our club to get the job.

But for people to think that McQualter or any interim coach for that matter is going to step into the role in the middle of a season and bring in an entirely new game plan is ..well. kidding themselves

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #288 on: August 05, 2023, 01:35:49 PM »
I just want a coach who at least A - isn't averse to employing a tagger when required B-realises the importance of pace in the modern game - C- focuses on tackling again D- Isn't attached to current group or "premiership heroes" , recognises and rewards young talent and persists with it and  isn't overly enamoured with blue collar plodders E- understands the concept of horses for courses and things like you don't go tall & slow at Marvel.

Yeah that'd be a good start :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2023, 02:03:56 PM »
Dimma's chaos ball is now outdated and Dimma's system is just about outdated too, meaning we need to refresh the list and empower our next era and vision. I'd love Josh Carr.

The list management is going to be a real hard one, we have 2 players who won't be in our next premiership, Lynch and dusty who will be on 3 million between them next year. Do we honestly think we are competing for a flag with the current list minus Jack and Cotch next year?

Will be interesting to see how we manage the list rebuild, I'd consider trading the following and stock pile talent around Balta and Bolton.

Trade value
Vlastuin
Graham
Broad
Soldo

I think you could easily trade Vlastuin for a first rounder. Broad and a 2nd would get a first rounder for someone like a Lions or Dogs for sure.

Think we need to go heavily into the draft and hope to restock for 3-4 years away.
Go Tigers!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2023, 02:39:20 PM »

So what you are saying it isn't the actual game plan that's the problem but the fact we can't execute anymore?

I've been saying it all year it isn't the game style because the majority of teams play that way or a form of that style  it is our skill level and our inability to execute consistently.

And can I add I am not saying that McQualter should get the job. I want the person the panel deems the right person for our club to get the job.

But for people to think that McQualter or any interim coach for that matter is going to step into the role in the middle of a season and bring in an entirely new game plan is ..well. kidding themselves

I do agree our skill level is poor and signs we're there preseason .Preseason was a mess for me. For me this crop of players cannot execute the game plan because our best players are in there retirement years leaving it to a few.

Mini is a clone of Dimma to close to the squad , has his favourites , our kid's take the rapt and get dropped instead of the senior blokes.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2023, 02:56:21 PM »

yes that is exactly what i am saying WP. Role Players, Chaos ball, Tackling pressure, Love connection this and that, its 100% the same poo. Daicos Moore may turn out to be your Dusty Rance. IMO they are what we used to be without the 3 flags at this stage.

I have been bang on about this since early last year. (swans game) Players age, Players dont care as much, standards slipping, people becoming comfortable in their roles. coaches sleeping around, It happens after a period of success. Anyone who thought this team was destined for success after 2021 were and are living in denial, and that includes Dimma with his recruitment of Hopper and watching the last dance, while leaving a 34 year old jack to take care of things in the forward line, because he stupidly thought an injury prone Lynch would suddenly not be injury prone so hey lets rush him in anyway Luke. :banghead How stuffin dumb are we?

Look at the fact we handed the role to Luke Meehan. People want the coaching role to go through a process, but for an important role like that were content without questioning Luke not go through the same process as opposed to being handed the role on a platter.

I wasn't expecting MCQ to come and change things around at all. He just simply isn't up to the task, and is IMO way too soft. The fact that players think he is a great guy and their mate says it all for me. We are getting exactly what i thought we get. A few meaningless wins eventually to finish around 8-14th position.

We can certainly build a team with TT, Baker, Maybe Hopper if he stops being soft, falling down and missing games, Balta, Bolton, Rioli, Gibcus, Banks but IMO that is all we really have and it wont get you near a flag as other teams and their lists and stars are years ahead of us.

Everyone else on our list is close to 30, if not over 30 and on their last legs.

We are going down the Hawthorn path, especially with a new coach. Cats went down a different road and achieved 1 flag in 10 years lets not forget that.

Not a real premiership threat for years to come unfortunately, unless we start making serious calls to get into this draft.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #292 on: August 05, 2023, 03:08:43 PM »
Don't know who will be our next coach, all I know is it won't be Mini

Didn't take you long to jump off and unhitch yourself from his wagon
I always stated the players loved mini and if he continued to bring wins he was in the box seat.  I sat back and observed , and he was looking impressive and calm. But the last few weeks, actually since he publicly put his hand up for the job, he has gone down hill. But last night, everything from team selection, game plan, players attitude just purely sucked. Showed he is not up to it. Nothing to. Do with a wagon

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: August 05, 2023, 05:27:24 PM »
Dimma's chaos ball is now outdated and Dimma's system is just about outdated too, meaning we need to refresh the list and empower our next era and vision. I'd love Josh Carr.

The list management is going to be a real hard one, we have 2 players who won't be in our next premiership, Lynch and dusty who will be on 3 million between them next year. Do we honestly think we are competing for a flag with the current list minus Jack and Cotch next year?

Will be interesting to see how we manage the list rebuild, I'd consider trading the following and stock pile talent around Balta and Bolton.

Trade value
Vlastuin
Graham
Broad
Soldo

I think you could easily trade Vlastuin for a first rounder. Broad and a 2nd would get a first rounder for someone like a Lions or Dogs for sure.

Think we need to go heavily into the draft and hope to restock for 3-4 years away.

Such a difficult situation and we will have some hard decisions to make.
Can't believe I am saying this but Vlastuin could be the perfect player to trade. Would get us a first rounder and we do have coverage in Trezise and Brown.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: August 05, 2023, 05:39:42 PM »

:lol Nfi

Let's just get rid of anyone shall we, like the cats did to get into the draft  :shh

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2023, 07:02:11 PM »
First thing our next coach needs to is address our skills there pathetic aswell as hitting targets over the last couple years big drop off one of the worse in the competition.

Get a new fitness and conditioning staff we need new blood and new assistants along with the coach.Club needs to invest in the footy department dropped off for me.

As for recruitment be brave put a few big names on the table get a few good picks in the top 30 not impossible if Blair and the club a brave.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2023, 07:14:11 PM »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2023, 08:25:35 PM »
Snip, stick to the topic without the childish pathetic unnecessary insults

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #298 on: August 05, 2023, 08:28:59 PM »

I always stated the players loved mini and if he continued to bring wins he was in the box seat.  I sat back and observed , and he was looking impressive and calm. But the last few weeks, actually since he publicly put his hand up for the job, he has gone down hill. But last night, everything from team selection, game plan, players attitude just purely sucked. Showed he is not up to it. Nothing to. Do with a wagon

Umm no, you said 👇

If mini wants it , it's his. The players love him

No caveats, no conditions if hecwanted it. Job was his.

But whatever
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 08:51:36 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: August 05, 2023, 08:41:08 PM »
I just want a coach who at least A - isn't averse to employing a tagger when required B-realises the importance of pace in the modern game - C- focuses on tackling again D- Isn't attached to current group or "premiership heroes" , recognises and rewards young talent and persists with it and  isn't overly enamoured with blue collar plodders E- understands the concept of horses for courses and things like you don't go tall & slow at Marvel.

Yeah that'd be a good start :shh

Ahhhhh yep. You can probably get away with D if the others are all there. The tackling in particular is infuriating as it was our 1 wood and we had Storm tackling coach helping us.
Why would you actively shift away from a competitive advantage.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.