Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96368 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #300 on: August 05, 2023, 09:52:47 PM »

I always stated the players loved mini and if he continued to bring wins he was in the box seat.  I sat back and observed , and he was looking impressive and calm. But the last few weeks, actually since he publicly put his hand up for the job, he has gone down hill. But last night, everything from team selection, game plan, players attitude just purely sucked. Showed he is not up to it. Nothing to. Do with a wagon

Umm no, you said 👇

If mini wants it , it's his. The players love him

No caveats, no conditions if hecwanted it. Job was his.

But whatever

Honestly, who cares if the players love Mini. No relevance.  They just want the status quo but it's time to shake things up.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #301 on: August 05, 2023, 10:24:44 PM »
No no players have the final say according to Braggart in Lygon Street..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #302 on: August 06, 2023, 09:00:37 AM »
Whoever gets the job is going to have a tough task. We need a coach who can develop players. It may be of benefit to get an outsider like Carr who can bring new ideas.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #303 on: August 06, 2023, 02:24:08 PM »
No no players have the final say according to Braggart in Lygon Street..... :shh
I'm still trying to read where I actually said I want Mini to be coach and I support him to be next coach. I stated the players love him, never once mentioned I do and I want him .

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #304 on: August 06, 2023, 03:49:48 PM »
"I'm so happy with whatever Dimma chooses to do."

Ivan Soldo has nothing but respect for Damien Hardwick amid interest from the Suns, and throws his support behind Andrew McQualter.

WATCH HERE: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1688009397820080131

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #305 on: August 06, 2023, 09:08:41 PM »
2023 has 4 automatic ins to our best 22:

Lynch
Gibcus
Jack replacement
Cotchin replacement

Add money from Castagna and Tarrant contracts, partner than with Jack and Cotchins you have a decent replacement.

With an easier draw I can see next year's coach having a much better year than this year.
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: August 06, 2023, 10:40:44 PM »
2023 has 4 automatic ins to our best 22:

Lynch
Gibcus
Jack replacement
Cotchin replacement

Add money from Castagna and Tarrant contracts, partner than with Jack and Cotchins you have a decent replacement.

With an easier draw I can see next year's coach having a much better year than this year.

Not sure JR will retire. As much as JR has declined in recent years if his replacement is a kid its likely he won't play a game and if he does play will likely not offer what Jack does now. If its a mature recruit then he better be better than JR is atm to improve us.

Cotchins replacement is likely to be a kid as well given we just recruited Taranto and Hopper. Same scenario its unlikely a kid with the type of pick we have will be able to offer us straight away much.

Gibcus has had basically just one yr coming off a very nasty season ending injury. I really hope people won't lose sight that this kid is exactly that a kid, and don't heap expectations on him given the circumstances.

Lynchy well he is no spring chicken 31 soon and the injuries must be taking their toll. If we are honest we should have had real promising kid in our system  developing for the last 3 or 4 seasons to take over from him yet alone JR. But we have ignored this area and are now likely to pay a price.

Gotta remember also our best players who remain are getting older and the expectation has to be that they will decline to some degree.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #307 on: August 07, 2023, 07:31:22 AM »

We had a bloody soft draw this year and it's meant nothing

Wasted year is 2023, wasted
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: August 07, 2023, 08:55:02 AM »

Hate to say it there was sign's preseason bigtime skills , kicking,  fitness etc club needs to get back what made us great high standards whole footy department needs a review and a few clean outs.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 12:53:53 PM by georgies31 »

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: August 07, 2023, 09:31:52 AM »

Hate to say there was sign's preseason bigtime skills , kicking,  fitness etc club needs to get back what made us great high standards whole footy department needs a review and a few clean outs.

Agreed. After last years effort too it’s hard to say that we were going to progress, to me we were clearly on the decline. I know we had two big acquisitions with hopper and Taranto but hopper hasn’t exactly set the world on fire and we have much bigger problems than midfielders. Whilst there’s still lots of talent, our basic skills have just fallen off a cliff and then our pressure has rarely been there to fall back on. Disappointing but we are transitioning. New head coach for mine

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: August 07, 2023, 12:05:56 PM »

Hate to say there was sign's preseason bigtime skills , kicking,  fitness etc club needs to get back what made us great high standards whole footy department needs a review and a few clean outs.

Agreed. After last years effort too it’s hard to say that we were going to progress, to me we were clearly on the decline. I know we had two big acquisitions with hopper and Taranto but hopper hasn’t exactly set the world on fire and we have much bigger problems than midfielders. Whilst there’s still lots of talent, our basic skills have just fallen off a cliff and then our pressure has rarely been there to fall back on. Disappointing but we are transitioning. New head coach for mine

Look at the thread Richmond Sydney 2021. Most of those comments dont differ too much to what we are seeing now.

few people, ( dare i say esp claw ) knew this and its been proven to be 100% right. Dimma sleeping around with that bird, players coming off 3 flags. whatever the reason wgaf its happened and its consistent with others (lions, hawks).

We had a chance to reverse this, or speed up our development and instead became dilusional with the hopper recruitment, last dance this and that, as well as not seeing off players like Graham, Macca, and a few others when we had the chance. These types played a role sure,  WHEN WE WERE WINNING FLAGS, and we should be grateful. Our list, especially these guys are not capable of executing that game plan on any consistent basis. That is a fact and its been clear for 2 years. They are finished now that they are no longer being carried by Dusty and Cotch.

Our future atm is not great. Gibcus i rate, but what has he proven other than potential talent? Nothing and coming off a serious injury im not expecting much next year so i hope everyone lowers their expectation. Bolton is not consistent enough and as the one man show we are seeing how many games he wins for us. Not many when you compare Dusty who was the greatest ive seen. Balta is another who i rate.

The list is as bad as it gets IMO to not be contender, and lets face it if everyone here was honest right now how many would now say no to Hopper and get that pick back?

I also think Jack should play on and those calling for him to give it up clearly blame him for our forward woes then? A slow and ageing champ who was given the most idiotic task by the football and coaching department of leading a forward line to a finals spot. Shambles.

I think he has one more year in him and is task should be to help develop the young forwards who should play senior footy. That is assuming we can find any, or are willing to play those we do have in the seniors.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 01:12:56 PM by Francois Jackson »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: August 07, 2023, 12:17:35 PM »
It looked pretty dire in 2016 and the club went full 180.

I actually believe we have the talent and in our b and c listers they have the talent to go up a couple of notches. In the same vein if you asked me in 2016 could we win a premiership with grigg, Houli, ellis and a no name forward line of castagna and butler while losing Deledio I would have said no.

For me the problem is coaching and skills and most importantly fitness and conditioning. As noted countless times the hawthorn dynasty style we were trying to emulate didn’t get the best of our players.

The new coach needs to seriously identify the strengths our best 26 has to offer and to get the most out of that. We have seriously good talent in Bolton, Taranto and Gibcus and I see something in Ryan and Miller that I think they could definitely be long term afl players.

But first on the list other than getting and keeping players on the park is the execution of skills especially around tackling, that needs to be way better

Online PremiershipClock

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #312 on: August 07, 2023, 12:32:03 PM »
nailed it

Our tackling is woeful and the single biggest deficinecy allowing opponets to get loose and get run ons

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #313 on: August 07, 2023, 12:53:18 PM »
Been saying it for three years - missed tackles lead to more goals against us than any other thing. :shh

Lack of pace and poor handball skills puts us under pressure with the ball as well - allows defenders to be constantly be on our hammer, slows down our quicker players too as they have to stop & prop or go and fetch the overhit or underhit handball or stand and wait for the looping handballs or slugs like Machine Man.  :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #314 on: August 07, 2023, 02:04:35 PM »
‘MASSIVE END OF AN ERA’ AT TIGERLAND AS COACHING CALL LOOMS

Ben Waterworth, Ben Cotton and Jono Baruch
Fox Sports
August 7th, 2023

Richmond’s significant loss to the Western Bulldogs on Friday night not only essentially ended the Tigers’ finals hopes, but might’ve kickstarted the “end of an era”, according to veteran reporter Caroline Wilson.

The 55-point loss to the Bulldogs was Richmond’s second straight defeat after what had been a resurgent second half of the season under interim coach Andrew McQualter.

But with a tough run of games to end the season, Wilson believes conversations at Punt Road will intensify over the coming weeks, particularly around much-loved premiership players.

“I think in the next couple of weeks we’ll hear Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin are retiring. They’ll play their last game in Melbourne – if they’re able to – at the MCG against North Melbourne in Round 23,” Wilson said on 3AW Football.

“Gold Coast are definitely interested in Dustin Martin,” she said. “Personally, I’d be staggered if Dustin Martin doesn’t play his 300th game in the yellow and black, but they are interested.”

“I think it’ll be a massive end of an era ... there’s a lot of big questions facing Richmond now.”

It leaves the Tigers in an interesting spot as they ready themselves to make a call on who the next senior coach will be.

McQualter, having declared an interest in the role, is firmly in the running to win the top job at the Tigers, along with Port Adelaide assistant Josh Carr.

While Richmond will likely fall short of finals, McQualter’s impressive 10-week stretch that has seen him amass an impressive 6-4 record, would have him in the box seat to land the full-time role.

Speaking on Fox Footy, former Hawthorn forward Ben Dixon believes McQualter has put himself in pole position by “doing a job interview every time he talks”.

“Everyone on the committee at Richmond is looking with pretty close eyes on how he handles himself and he handles himself beautifully,” Dixon said on Fox Footy Live.

Triple premiership forward Cameron Mooney added: “He’s handled the last 10 weeks extremely well.

“He’s getting ticks … he got a tick for the way he handled tonight (the loss to the Bulldogs).

“He’ll have to be right up there (to win the job).”

Wilson believes McQualter has done enough to win the senior job “on merit”, with the club poised to make a decision on the position before the end of the season.

“In a way, it’ll be for the Richmond reckoning, McQualter will win the job on his merits now ... had he made finals it would’ve been tough to overlook him,” she said.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2023-round-21-talking-points-analysis-reaction-results-wrap-highlights-nick-daicos-injury-brownlow-medal-race-draft-lottery-west-coast-no1-pick/news-story/d5aa0c407a9fc6ad1152dd9e1ceccb47