Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96348 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #315 on: August 07, 2023, 07:45:50 PM »
Mini didn’t miss in today’s game review  :shh

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #316 on: August 07, 2023, 07:48:04 PM »
Rip into Cumberland did he..
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #317 on: August 07, 2023, 07:51:02 PM »
Well we now know he at least missed Machine Man (yet again) otherwise he wouldn't be bringing it up.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #318 on: August 07, 2023, 07:56:43 PM »
Well we now know he at least missed Machine Man (yet again) otherwise he wouldn't be bringing it up.... :shh
My initial thought... :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #319 on: August 07, 2023, 08:55:15 PM »

Does this mean the players don't love him anymore  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #320 on: August 07, 2023, 09:24:11 PM »

Hope you copped the assessment you deserved

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #321 on: August 07, 2023, 10:46:44 PM »
Didn't miss? He must have told Nankervis some home truths then in front of the whole group?

Did he ask Graham where he was the other night MIA?

I could go on on. The reality is that due to the fact there are still so many under performing  premiership club champions in that team I doubt Mini got even close to hitting the mark. Hence my view that we need an outsider needs to come in and takeover as coach. The signs have been there since 2021. Lazy efforts, lazy habits and complacency has crept into this team because Dimma and Co (Mini) allowed it to creep in.

The midfield group are the main culprits....

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: August 08, 2023, 08:22:18 AM »

i was congratulated for playing the ultimate team game :lol

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #323 on: August 08, 2023, 08:50:49 AM »

i was congratulated for playing the ultimate team game :lol

Mini definitely isn’t the man for the job if that’s the case

But in saying that, the team was pathetic, and so were you, so technically you did play the “ultimate team game”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #324 on: August 08, 2023, 02:57:32 PM »
THE OTHER CONTENDERS TO REPLACE DIMMA

Lauren Wood
HeraldSun
8 August 2023

Josh Carr
Insiders say his return to Port Adelaide alongside Ken Hinkley has played a part in the Power’s 2023 resurgence. Has developed a good assistant coaching profile across more than a decade.

Adem Yze
Highly-rated assistant coach who came so close to winning the GWS role before Adam Kingsley knocked him off in the last interview. Was also in the mix at Essendon before Brad Scott won the job. Has had a strong coaching apprenticeship and is currently doing good things with Melbourne.

Don Pyke
Took Adelaide to the 2017 grand final only to be denied by Hardwick and the relentless Tigers. Departed the Crows after being burnt out, but played a big role at Sydney as an assistant to John Longmire to take the Swans to last year’s grand final. Considered a very sound tactician.

Steven King
The former Geelong skipper is keen to take on a senior job and has been making a good case leading the Suns after the sacking of Stuart Dew. Former All-Australian ruck was highly regarded at the Western Bulldogs before the Suns poached him.

Justin Leppitsch
The former Brisbane senior coach and now Magpies assistant had two separate stints at Punt Rd under Hardwick, and knows the place well. Has rebuilt his own coaching brand but told this masthead in July "my mind is firmly fixed on staying at Collingwood, and keep doing what I’m doing.”

Leon Cameron
Spent the second half of his playing career with Richmond, so he knows the Tigers’ environment. Took the Giants to a grand final and three preliminary finals but his tenure ended there last year. Chose not to chase the Essendon job, instead taking on a role with Sydney’s academy.

Shaun Grigg
Could be a wildcard despite only four years as an assistant coach at Geelong. Knows the Hardwick system and style of play given his 171 games as player.

Hayden Skipworth
Has emerged as a possible candidate after Garry Lyon put his name on the radar. “I hear Skipworth has been enormous and anyone going down this path would be negligent (not to involve him in the process,” Lyon said on SEN radio. “You and I both heard the name Skipworth. Watch this space."

Source: HeraldSun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #325 on: August 09, 2023, 07:37:07 PM »
Whoever the next coach is inherits these core four stats (over the past six weeks):

Richmond

With Footy:         8th (in the comp.)
Without Footy:  13th
Clearances:        8th
Post Clearance: 14th

------------------------------

What is the Core Four?

History shows premiership teams rank top 6 in at least 3 of the 4 categories.

WITH THE FOOTY
- Chain To Score %           
- Defensive 50 to Inside 50 %
- Score per Inside 50 %   
- Kick Rating

WITHOUT THE FOOTY
- Oppo Score per Inside 50 %       
- Oppo Defensive 50 to Inside 50 %
- Pressure Rating
- Midfield Intercepts

CLEARANCE
- Points from Clearance Diff (winning the ball at stoppage)

POST-CLEARANCE
- Post Clearance Contested Possession Diff (winning the ball outside stoppage)

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-which-teams-fit-the-champion-data-premiership-profile/news-story/62233ddb0866a25a0f989ee4bad2abbb

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2023, 04:34:33 AM »
To be fair, looking at our list management ( patently ignoring deficits for years and playing favourites in the face of stupidity) and injury list, I think Mini has not done too bad a job.

He just needs to get on board with developing and playing some of our kids.

If he does get the gig RFC could do worse than sending him to Harvard for a self / improvement / awareness / belief course as they did for Dimma.

TBH whoever gets the job is facing a bit of a mess with our list and no draft picks.

But the hopeful return of Gibcus and Lynch will be 2 massive ins
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 09:00:28 AM by MintOnLamb »

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2023, 09:15:03 AM »
To be fair, looking at our list management ( patently ignoring deficits for years and playing favourites in the face of stupidity) and injury list, I think Mini has not done too bad a job.

If he does get the gig RFC could do worse than sending him to Harvard for a self / improvement / awareness / belief course as they did for Dimma.

TBH whoever gets the job is facing a bit of a mess with our list and no draft picks.

I posted straight after team selection when he took over that he should have put his stamp on it immediately and done something different by playing some kids and not persisting with the Dmma favourites.  That would of given him more of a chance to keep the job in my opinion. 

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2023, 06:08:46 PM »

I posted straight after team selection when he took over that he should have put his stamp on it immediately and done something different by playing some kids and not persisting with the Dmma favourites.  That would of given him more of a chance to keep the job in my opinion.
Agree pmac

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #329 on: August 11, 2023, 01:33:14 AM »
Tigers 'thriving' under McQualter's coaching: Cotchin

Oliver Caffrey
AAP
August 10, 2023

Triple Richmond premiership legend Trent Cotchin believes the Tigers are "thriving" under interim coach Andrew McQualter's leadership.

The decorated former captain used his retirement press conference to give a ringing endorsement of McQualter's bid to become the club's permanent coach.

McQualter has led the Tigers in 10 games, for six wins, since three-time premiership coach Damien Hardwick resigned in May after almost 14 seasons in charge.

Richmond president John O'Rourke last month announced a six-person panel the Tigers have appointed to find Hardwick's full-time successor.

"I think you need to have an understanding of each individual that's within your organisation and how you can best motivate them and get them to work well for the team," Cotchin said on Thursday.

"And we're very fortunate that 'Mini' (McQualter) has that in spades.

"I think the way that he's guided and led the team since 'Dimma' (Hardwick) departed has been really special and something that I'm really grateful for.

"I know that the boys are thriving under his leadership."

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-thriving-under-mcqualters-coaching-cotchin-c-11548363