Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96317 times)

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #360 on: August 13, 2023, 04:00:26 PM »
I got no issues with Gale or Balme there top administrators. But don't come and tell me standards haven't dropped in our football department since our success bigtime.

Conditioning and fitness department a mess.
Recruiting and drafting selling the farm for Hooper, an example
Development has regressed bigtime see Cumberland, Sonsie and Rioli.
Staff who have left have not been replaced with the same quality.

All I can say in 2017 when we invested in our football department it had a big outcomes.
As for Mini your kidding me his Dimma clone loyal to senior players the kids take the rapt  , failing to get us to play 4 quarters of footy , lack of intensity and tactics let Bont run the show last week.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: August 13, 2023, 04:09:08 PM »
Someone else

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: August 13, 2023, 04:19:16 PM »
Like sitting on the bench makes a difference. 

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #363 on: August 13, 2023, 04:22:51 PM »
What is this selling the farm for hopper business that I keep reading? We gave up pick 31 and a future first round. The future first round doesn’t look great in hindsight but I don’t think many expected us to finish bottom 6ish. You’ve also got to consider that even though they were done separately technically it was pretty much a combined deal for both the gws boys and I think the general consensus is the Taranto deal looks like great business. In any case I don’t see how 2 picks can be considered “selling the farm”. People making it out like we gave up the number of picks west coast did for tim kelly.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #364 on: August 13, 2023, 04:26:35 PM »
Anybody who can restore our confidence and work on the skills side of the game. That's where we are falling down the most. Kicks and handballs just seem to miss targets all the time. Footballs out early in the preseason.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #365 on: August 13, 2023, 04:32:40 PM »
So much for saying you want to lift standards.

Our work rate has gone backwards and this should be a non negotiable.

Our work off the ball is not existent. Considering how we were able to build a premiership dynasty by playing a high pressure high work rate high tackling game it’s a wonder why we continue to persist with players that aren’t prepared to keep up that standard.

We are a shadow of our former selves.

Our team is either has too many soft types or we are just not fit enough or maybe both are true.
The club that keeps giving.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: August 13, 2023, 04:35:21 PM »
Mini is not the guy.  Can't get us up for our last 2 games when our season and his job is on the line. 

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: August 13, 2023, 04:49:28 PM »
What is this selling the farm for hopper business that I keep reading? We gave up pick 31 and a future first round. The future first round doesn’t look great in hindsight but I don’t think many expected us to finish bottom 6ish. You’ve also got to consider that even though they were done separately technically it was pretty much a combined deal for both the gws boys and I think the general consensus is the Taranto deal looks like great business. In any case I don’t see how 2 picks can be considered “selling the farm”. People making it out like we gave up the number of picks west coast did for tim kelly.

I got no issue with Taranto. but pick 6 and 31 we got our 👖 pulled down.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2023, 04:56:46 PM »

I got no issue with Taranto. but pick 6 and 31 we got our 👖 pulled down.

But pick 6 was not known. It was a future first which I’m sure the club anticipated would fall closer to around pick 12.

Also like I said, I don’t think you can judge the Taranto and the hopper deal separately. They were both grabbed from the same club.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2023, 05:26:30 PM »
Who said this wasn't a list around 12th spot? You, Dimma and where is he now?

Gone.

Anyone who thought this was a premiership list when we selected those blokes (esp Hopper)  is living in La la land.

We got reamed to the point I don't even think GWS put any lube on the deal. Hopper was MIA last year for the giants as well, yet knowing this we still coughed up a top 10 pick on a declining list.

That selection is the same stupidity that hawks tried with winguard, Mitchell, vickery and has set them back. It may be 8-10 years between  finals appearances for them, and a lot of that is as a result of making stupid decisions.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #370 on: August 13, 2023, 05:33:47 PM »

The future first rounder is such a mental thing. I mean if we ended up finishing 8th and losing a final.. the pick was pick 10. Which for Hopper is probably fair. That'll end up being the difference between knocking the draw against Calton and the loss against Essendon as the difference between.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #371 on: August 13, 2023, 05:41:12 PM »
Newman may be the man for the job.
I think he may be the one they want.
Ex captain, great guy. Served his apprenticeship

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2023, 06:09:47 PM »
After a good start, each week is a big step in the direction of change. A new coach with fresh ideas and a new approach especially when we have decisions on players like McIntosh and Pickett. Interesting times ahead.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2023, 06:20:04 PM »
Mini won't get the job now. The players can't say they love the bloke and then dish up the listless and non-competitive garbage we've seen over the past two weeks. 

I got no issues with Gale or Balme there top administrators. But don't come and tell me standards haven't dropped in our football department since our success bigtime.

Development has regressed bigtime see Cumberland, Sonsie and Rioli.[/b]

All I can say in 2017 when we invested in our football department it had a big outcomes.
As for Mini your kidding me his Dimma clone loyal to senior players the kids take the rapt  , failing to get us to play 4 quarters of footy , lack of intensity and tactics let Bont run the show last week.
Of the bold, one is linked to the others IMO. When we made those trade deals, we weren't counting on our preseason being a total mess with double digit numbers of players in rehab and so many entering the year with interrupted preseasons. Then add Lynch, Gibcus and Tarrant who played almost all of last year and basically none of this year.

We were clearly hoping the 22 of last year kept the same output going into this year with Taranto and Hopper adding to our midfield depth. Problem is everything else around those trades has gone wrong or backwards at a rapid knot. For example, our wings which were better than most last year with Kmac and Pickett's 2022 form are a liability now. Too much robbing Peter to pay Paul playing players out of position to cover our forward line problems and exacerbated by odd team selections all year (playing two slow rucks at Marvel the latest stuff up). I agree georgies, there's been a drop in standards across the footy dept. and it's not just the senior coach that needs replacing and refreshing.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #374 on: August 13, 2023, 06:22:00 PM »

Development has regressed bigtime see Cumberland, Sonsie and Rioli.

I am not disputing standards have drooped you just need to watch training to see that.

But those soft cap cuts have cruelled us. So much coin tied up in one person has cost us the last 2 years.

Not having the courage to appoint a sole captain has cost us more than some realise

Tough calls need to be made on certain players and I've got no doubt that now the season is officially shot we will see that, probably next week.

The best person will get the job. I just hope that whoever it is people give fair go. Sadly I reckon if it's McQualter that won't happen.

And just to be clear I'm not saying he is all I'm saying if he's determined to best the best bloke to take us forward then he should be supported
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 06:49:00 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)