Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96226 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #465 on: August 27, 2023, 09:06:47 PM »
Should be undefeated with the the talent they have. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #466 on: August 28, 2023, 03:49:04 AM »
From the SEN website:

If a fresh face was named for the vacant role, McQualter admitted that such a decision may lead him out the door at Punt Road.

“It’s probably something I’ll have to weigh up, which I think is understandable after such a long tenure,” he said.

“And particularly if a new coach came in, I’m not sure if they’d want me around to be honest.

“We’ll just get there when we get there and make those decisions as they come along.”

Source: SEN.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #467 on: August 28, 2023, 09:20:51 AM »
His not the man for us simple as that.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #468 on: August 28, 2023, 03:04:34 PM »
- Adem Yze will be interviewed by Richmond this week.

https://twitter.com/tommorris32/status/1695940701769580636

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #469 on: August 28, 2023, 06:15:48 PM »
Clarke!
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #470 on: August 28, 2023, 10:11:27 PM »
I actually think Recruiting and list management have been poor for a fair while.
Yes i get all the excuses trotted out, we have had high finishes we have had largely kept players we want but it stops there.

As for rookie picks and getting them right agree. But in the main rookie picks are a way to get some decent footsoldiers into the club. Most rookies are not kids and as such if we are taking them as mature players they had damn well better be able to make a contribution.
That to a large degree is what we have got. You are never ever going to build a premiership list with late nd and rookie picks.Your basically looking for players who can make a contribution nothing more.

Imo we have already delayed the inevitable of having to rebuild. Our last flag was 2020 and its now three years since.
The state of the list says imo another 5 to 7 years thats just reality.

Hope the club bite the bullet and accept the reality and it only takes the 5 to 7 years or we can do a tiger of old or carlton  and so manay numerous other clubs who just were not prepared to confront the reality.

There is just no doubt we just lack top end quality in way too many areas.It will only get worse with vets still to retire and be culled.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #471 on: August 29, 2023, 02:15:55 PM »
David King says: “I think (Andrew) McQualter had to win (against Port) to be a viable option. I just don’t know if he’s done enough over the last four weeks to stamp himself as a senior coach at Richmond.”

Source: Foxsports.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #472 on: August 29, 2023, 06:44:33 PM »
What they need to tweak for next year: Make the right coaching call

Andrew Slevison
SEN
29 August 2023

A mammoth off-season is set to ensue at Richmond.

The era of success is well and truly over now that Hardwick, Cotchin and Riewoldt are gone.

First is making the right appointment with the new head coach, whether that be Andrew McQualter or someone else, and then making the appropriate adjustments with the list.

The majority of Tigers are hoping former club captain Chris Newman is the man to step into the gaping hole left by Hardwick.

The Tigers will hope not to bottom out again but rebuild on the run so they can be in contention again sooner rather later.

It all starts this summer.

Source: SEN.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #473 on: August 29, 2023, 07:35:59 PM »
Am I the only one who is a bit frustrated that it's now nearly September and we haven't even interviewed candidates yet. I appreciate that we don't have another club competing for coaches but I feel we should have a new coach by this week, so we can begin the off season with clarity.

We had ages and hope this is done asap so we can look forward to new era.
Go Tigers!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: August 29, 2023, 08:33:01 PM »
Could it be that one of the applicants is still working to win finals at their current club or maybe they are being very careful to get the right fit or both

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #475 on: August 30, 2023, 07:35:56 AM »
Got feeling Yze is closing in Richo mentioned his being interviewed this week and his basically coaching the dees as Goodwin on bench and his the main man in the box. Great experience at hawks and dees and unlucky last year on 2 jobs. Like his been under Choco to.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #476 on: August 30, 2023, 08:05:53 AM »
Am I the only one who is a bit frustrated that it's now nearly September and we haven't even interviewed candidates yet. I appreciate that we don't have another club competing for coaches but I feel we should have a new coach by this week, so we can begin the off season with clarity.

Absolutely not.

H&A season has only just finshed. As we are looking at untried coach no surprise interviews aren't starting until after the H&A seasons finished when the majority have the time to focus on their presentations. This week is the perfect time with it being the stupid bye round before finals

Got feeling Yze is closing in Richo mentioned his being interviewed this week and his basically coaching the dees as Goodwin on bench and his the main man in the box. Great experience at hawks and dees and unlucky last year on 2 jobs. Like his been under Choco to.

Gut feel or just hoping?

I get the feeling no matter who gets the gig it will be split down the middle as to how folks feel about it

I reckon we all have a preference

As I've said all along I trust those doing the selecting to select the right man for the job and I'll support and back in whoever it is
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #477 on: August 30, 2023, 12:17:03 PM »
Luke Hodge will be our next premiership coach. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #478 on: August 30, 2023, 01:48:17 PM »

Absolutely not.

H&A season has only just finshed. As we are looking at untried coach no surprise interviews aren't starting until after the H&A seasons finished when the majority have the time to focus on their presentations. This week is the perfect time with it being the stupid bye round before finals

Gut feel or just hoping?

I get the feeling no matter who gets the gig it will be split down the middle as to how folks feel about it

I reckon we all have a preference

As I've said all along I trust those doing the selecting to select the right man for the job and I'll support and back in whoever it is

Just a gut feel and for me the most qualified candidate.

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #479 on: August 30, 2023, 02:27:46 PM »
I agree , when you have people like Gale, Balmy and Hartley etc who are fantastic at what they do , you just have to trust that they know what they are doing.
We the supporters have a passion that wants our club to succeed and thus we have a myriad of opinions , but other than maybe a few ,most of us know jack of what’s going on inside the four walls and really are just not qualified
So let’s sit back enjoy the the theatre of the selection process but trust those overseeing the process