Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 96181 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #480 on: August 30, 2023, 09:03:15 PM »
Lots to still play out.
Keep calm and have a gin. :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #481 on: September 02, 2023, 04:13:39 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #482 on: September 02, 2023, 04:23:09 PM »
Tom Browne says the short list is down to four:

Xavier Clarke
Andrew McQualter
Adam Yze
Chris Newman

Essendon's form tailing off towards the end of the season has gone against Giansiracusa.

No front runner. It's an open race.

"Whisper" that Livingstone and Hartley are keen to continue the program with list and football set-up decisions already made rather than a coach coming in and making big changes. Says other people are running Richmond rather than the coach.

Go to 3:15 min mark: https://www.listnr.com/podcasts/triple-m-footy-afl/episodes/tom-brownes-news-trade-latest-on-ratugolea-grundy

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #483 on: September 02, 2023, 08:09:12 PM »

"Whisper" that Livingstone and Hartley are keen to continue the program with list and football set-up decisions already made rather than a coach coming in and making big changes. Says other people are running Richmond rather than the coach.

This is why Mini could not make changes IMO

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #484 on: September 02, 2023, 08:13:35 PM »
Tom Browne  ::)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #485 on: September 02, 2023, 09:02:56 PM »
Tom Browne  ::)

Yes thankfully only a month or so left of having to put up with off the mark dribble
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #486 on: September 02, 2023, 10:35:56 PM »
The latest on Richmond coaching candidate who was sounded out by finals clubs

Seb Mottram
SEN
2 September 2023

Xavier Clarke will next week front the biggest job interview of his life as he meets with the panel that will select Richmond’s next coach, his brother has revealed.

The Tigers assistant coach was shortlisted for the role last month and is understood to be among the candidates remaining to replace Damien Hardwick.

Clarke, 39, has experience coaching his own side in the NEAFL and has coached a premiership up north before moving to Richmond.

He ticks all the boxes Richmond are looking for – as do a number of applicants – and Raph Clarke disclosed details of his brother’s push to be the Tigers' next senior coach.

“There’s not too much inside gossip… Xavier doesn’t give much away,” Clarke began on SEN’s Fridays in the Top End.

“But I think he’s got his final interview on Monday or Tuesday. Trying to talk to Xavier when he’s coming home for holidays and he’s got to plan his 40th at the end of the month, he’s like, ‘I haven’t thought about anything else besides this interview’.

“He’s quite lucky he’s had the time at Richmond. All the family are very excited, it’d be amazing if he does get the job.

“His coaching philosophy and style is pretty similar to Adam Kingsley and the likes of that.”

Clarke has been at the Tigers since the end of 2016, starting as the development coach and also transitioning into the VFL role.

He’s now in charge of the forwards.

Raph added that his brother is so highly rated within the industry that two coaches – whose sides are now in the finals – tried to poach Xavier out of Punt Road.

“Kingsley tried to take him up to GWS when he got the job, Ross Lyon offered him a gig at St Kilda at the start of this season as well, so he’s a wanted man in footy circles as well,” he explained.

“Whether Richmond believe that he’s the next guy to take them to finals and be successful again… (I don’t know).”

He added: “After (seven) seasons in the gig to be a wanted man at the top, it’s a big credit to him and his development as coach.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/09/01/the-latest-on-richmond-coaching-candidate-who-was-sounded-out-by-finals/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #487 on: September 03, 2023, 10:18:53 AM »
I get brotherly love etc

But my advice to his brother Raph would shut up and let your bro go through the process

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #488 on: September 07, 2023, 07:27:47 PM »
Richmond coaching candidate provides latest on search process

Mitch Keating
zerohanger.com
September 7, 2023 - 5:53pm

Melbourne assistant coach Adem Yze will be waiting by the phone over the coming weeks to hear from Richmond on their coaching search while also balancing a premiership push with the Demons this month.

Yze is among the final few candidates in the running to succeed former Tigers mentor Damien Hardwick at Punt Road, with recent interim coach Andrew McQualter, ex-Richmond captain Chris Newman and Tigers assistant Xavier Clarke said to be among the last four candidates.

The Demons assistant has entered a third coaching search process in two years, having also run for recent vacancies at GWS and Essendon, which saw Adam Kingsley and Brad Scott land senior roles respectively.

Currently in pursuit of a premiership with Melbourne under Simon Goodwin, Yze was able to use the recent pre-finals bye week to hold formal discussions with Richmond's search committee as the Tigers look to come to a final decision and appoint their next senior coach.

The Demons assistant and club great's role in Richmond's search has reached its end, with Yze now playing the waiting game to hear whether he was successful in securing his maiden head coaching role or not.

Yze is expected to be made aware of a decision from the Tigers in "the next couple of weeks", as further interviews and moves take place.

"The week leading into the finals helps. Richmond were terrific, they allowed me to wait for that week," Yze told SEN of the process with the Tigers.

"We had a few days off, so I could put my head into that for a couple of days and sort of really set myself for that meeting and then from there, it just moved on to our final.

"The process is ongoing, but my part of it's been done. I spoke to them last week, they said within the next couple of weeks (a decision will be made). There's no rush with that."

https://www.zerohanger.com/richmond-coaching-candidate-provides-latest-on-search-process-143048/

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #489 on: September 07, 2023, 09:03:57 PM »
Might be bring precious but I'm frustrated this hasn't been finalised.

The idea of getting a coach in asap to get started while every single other coach who isn't playing finals is already planning, etc.
Go Tigers!

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #490 on: September 07, 2023, 09:09:00 PM »
The way Melbourne are just bombing it high and long into their forward line is putting me off Yze

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #491 on: September 07, 2023, 09:13:30 PM »
If interviews are done should we not get an announcement soon. 

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #492 on: September 07, 2023, 09:30:38 PM »
Collingwoods list is no better than ours but look at the effort and pressure. We need a coach who can get the best out of our guys and get back to fundamentals like what flyhas done

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #493 on: September 07, 2023, 09:37:03 PM »
Collingwoods list is no better than ours but look at the effort and pressure. We need a coach who can get the best out of our guys and get back to fundamentals like what flyhas done

Yep and Kingsley at GWS

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #494 on: September 07, 2023, 09:41:11 PM »
A trained monkey should be able to coach GWS to a flag with the vast array of talent they have. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.