Author Topic: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]  (Read 65984 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Reply #840 on: May 21, 2024, 01:53:18 PM »
"He is delusional."

Why @kanecornes was shocked to hear Adem Yze say the Tigers are not in rebuilding mode.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1792502151182418212
Exactly
We are in pre rebuilding mode

Yep cant be in rebuilding mode until you have the draft picks to do so, Taranto and Hopper trades have cost us two years of the rebuild

yep. we will model the hawthorn rebuild and it didnt need to be this way.

We now have more chance at playing finals around 2027/ 2028 all things going well.

Yze is trying to sell a story like he must have in the interview, and it wont end well if he keeps up the charade. Be honest and show some balls.

We'll know what the real intent & mindset of the club is come trade week.....but start worrying if they start announcing contract extensions to the likes of Prestia, Graham, McIntosh & Naismith...even the alleged two years being offered Nank is slightly concerning.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #841 on: May 22, 2024, 12:55:13 AM »
“IT’S JUST A CROCK”: THE EX-COACH’S TESTIMONY THAT PROVES YZE IS SAYING ALL THE RIGHT THINGS

Seb Mottram
SEN
21 May 2024

Richmond coach Adem Yze has refused to declare his side is in a rebuild – a move praised by Nathan Buckley.

Collingwood champion and ex-coach Buckley says the word ‘rebuild’ in football is “nonsense”, explaining there is a disconnect between the media and footy circles on that prospect.

The Tigers will have barely 26 players fit when they take on Essendon this Saturday in the annual Dreamtime at the ‘G clash and are coming off a 119-point to Brisbane last week.

Yze told reporters post-game that the Tigers can rebound quickly when the troops return.

“We're just struggling with personnel right now, with some talent out of the team, but that will hold us in good stead,” he said.

“Some of our younger players are getting opportunities, so when we do get some troops back, that'll be the silver lining.

“It wasn't too long ago this footy club lost by 120 points in 2016 in the last game, then bounced back to win a flag in 2017.

“There are some hard times we're going to have to deal with, and right now we're going through them, but we're going to work hard and try to bounce back as quick as we can and get back to where we know we should be.”

Kane Cornes has led the criticism of that press conference, labelling Yze “delusional” for thinking his entire list can be competitive.

But Buckley came to the defence of the first-year coach, detailing how and why Yze is saying all the right things.

“It’s just a crock,” Buckley told SEN’s Whateley on the concepts of rebuilds.

“And what do you do when you declare a rebuild, what is the next step when someone says we’re rebuilding?

“Say you’re in Round 10, what do you do in the next 10 months? It’s a nonsense, and it’s something the media is absolutely caught up on, that they want someone from an organization to say that word, rebuild.

“Philosophically, I think there is a disconnect between the media and maybe people around the football environment that pick up media narratives around a club admitting they need to rebuild.

“Every club in some form or some shape is rebuilding, regenerating, rewiring, restumping… sometimes a tree falls on the top of the house and you realise you’ve got termites and you realise you’ve got more work to do than you thought you needed to four or five rounds earlier, and that’s what injury could do.

“When you look at Richmond’s injury list and you consider they’ve played 39 players through the first 10 rounds and only have had five players play every game, it is difficult to assess their list.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/21/its-just-a-crock-the-ex-coachs-testimony-that-proves-yze-is-saying-all-the/

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #842 on: May 25, 2024, 11:44:06 PM »
Liked seeing him on the bench giving realtime feedback to the players.

Got to also say that I liked how we played tonight.

Much better effort from everyone.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #843 on: May 26, 2024, 02:22:40 PM »
If last nights effort was the new standard then I’ll get off Adem’s back. 

Shows how woeful we were the last couple of weeks. We can be competitive.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #844 on: May 26, 2024, 02:30:32 PM »

Competitive losses are pretty much all we want.....maybe a few more wins once  it becomes apparent Norf have the spoon sewn up and we can't catch Hawthorn & West Coast because the kids still need to learn how to win....(knowing us I'm tipping we'll lose to the shyte teams around us and upset a couple of finals sides) :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #845 on: May 26, 2024, 02:56:52 PM »

Competitive losses are pretty much all we want.....maybe a few more wins once  it becomes apparent Norf have the spoon sewn up and we can't catch Hawthorn & West Coast because the kids still need to learn how to win....(knowing us I'm tipping we'll lose to the shyte teams around us and upset a couple of finals sides) :shh

Yep. Agree.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #846 on: May 26, 2024, 06:21:34 PM »
Def agree Dio, with some exceptions. Must beat this mob and would have if we had a few more to choose from.

must beat the filth and scum if it means they miss on top 4, and dawks for dusty.

They are the only wins that im interested in. Honourable losses should suit the club this year. Losses like last week are unnaceptable.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #847 on: May 26, 2024, 06:39:11 PM »
say it again the club needs to spend the cash and get the best around Yze just like we did with Dimma in 2017. Better assistant coaches, fitness and medical, recruitment team etc.

There is a good coach there the top 2 sides in the competition one we won and won we lost by 2 goals. Alot of kids improving under him just from simple reason of playing them in there natural position and backing them. What I like to yesterday he was adaptable to change coaching from the bench and moving a few players where we needed them.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #848 on: May 26, 2024, 06:46:15 PM »
The bombing the ball out of defence and lack of movement on offence is a massive concern for me. Game plan is terrible

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #849 on: May 26, 2024, 06:54:44 PM »
The bombing the ball out of defence and lack of movement on offence is a massive concern for me. Game plan is terrible

That's poor skills for me and execution. Prime example is Short.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #850 on: May 26, 2024, 07:12:32 PM »
say it again the club needs to spend the cash and get the best around Yze just like we did with Dimma in 2017. Better assistant coaches, fitness and medical, recruitment team etc.

There is a good coach there the top 2 sides in the competition one we won and won we lost by 2 goals. Alot of kids improving under him just from simple reason of playing them in there natural position and backing them. What I like to yesterday he was adaptable to change coaching from the bench and moving a few players where we needed them.

which kids have improved? you cant be including first year players who have just started playing because they naturally will improve coming from a low base of 0 games.

those wins or near wins agaisnt top 2 sides means sfa if you then lose to another finalist by 100 points. :shh

He has had a shocking first year with soft messaging IMO. Game plan is shocking. Playing guys like naismith and then telling us that guns like dusty has to leave some sort of legacy.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #851 on: May 26, 2024, 08:37:47 PM »

He has had a shocking first year with soft messaging IMO. Game plan is shocking. Playing guys like naismith and then telling us that guns like dusty has to leave some sort of legacy.
[/b]

I don't want get into some sort of slanging match with you

But please show us where he said "Dusty has to leave some sort of legacy"?

He has spoken about the legacy Dusty will leave on the Club and how his work with the younger players is another legacy he will leave but have never heard him say he has to leave a legacy

Bit of difference I would think

So please share where he has said "Dusty has to leave some sort of legacy"
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #852 on: May 26, 2024, 11:41:47 PM »
Liked seeing him on the bench giving realtime feedback to the players.

Got to also say that I liked how we played tonight.

Much better effort from everyone.
Concur, plus I also liked him on the bench

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #853 on: May 27, 2024, 12:34:39 AM »

[/b]

I don't want get into some sort of slanging match with you

But please show us where he said "Dusty has to leave some sort of legacy"?

He has spoken about the legacy Dusty will leave on the Club and how his work with the younger players is another legacy he will leave but have never heard him say he has to leave a legacy

Bit of difference I would think

So please share where he has said "Dusty has to leave some sort of legacy"

But coach Adem Yze said the triple premiership champion’s “lasting legacy” would be his ability to fast-track the development of the club’s younger players.

“I think if you look at Shai Bolton’s form, Dusty’s got a fair bit to say in the way that he’s playing,” Yze said.

“He’s trying to impart his knowledge so the lasting legacy that Dustin Martin can have at this footy club is upskilling our younger players.

“So Shai looks up to him, a lot of our younger forwards look up to him, so for him to be able to teach them at training and obviously give them some insights on high performance and the way that he did it, like, they just soak it up.

So if he could do that for our players for the next few years would be a lasting legacy and I know he enjoys it, but our players are just soaking that up.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/richmond-star-dustin-martin-ushering-in-next-generation-of-tigers-amid-run-of-losses/news-story/cfd975089c509ac2334db59a845e0952

Yze comes in and wants to start talking legacy and Dusty. He should stfu and continue to coach the way he did saturday and stop trying to be woke.That is my view.

Dusty doesnt have to do anything to anyone but play the best football he can.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #854 on: May 27, 2024, 07:24:51 AM »
So he never did say "he has to"

What you posted proves that.

You've obviously taken every comment in that article a certain way and that's fine

But from where I sit he never once has said Dusty "has to to leave" anything he simply said he is helping the younger players and that will leave a lasting legacy on those players and the Club. And for that I'd go as far as to say that's a fantastic thing for those kids currently playing with him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)