Author Topic: North game a big test  (Read 4338 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
North game a big test
« on: June 04, 2006, 08:40:55 PM »
A big test coming up for us against one of our bogey sides so another hoodoo for us to knock off. We'll probably be favourite too for the first time this year which has danger game written all over it. The Roos played well in parts against the Swans. Thankfully the game is at the 'G and not the Dome. Yes Eddie that's our home ground  :wallywink.

Both teams coming off games they lost after being in a winning position in the last quarter. The Roos' loss was probably worse as they were 32 points at one stage and caved despite having a strong breeze in the last quarter. After that and 4 straight losses they must be feeling gutted but they always seem to lift when playing us  :-\.

Staff only needs 4 more games to reach 200 but with Schulz playing well at Coburg today he's likely to be dropped you would think. It sounds as though Lids and Krak will miss another week along with Richo so maybe we'll only make one change at the most given the side isn't far off. Then again we could bring Browny back in and build up the emotional stakes and give the Roos a taste of their own medicine.

The Tiges need to get on top from the start and go in for the kill :gotigers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: North game a big test
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 09:31:55 PM »
Looking forward to getting back to the MCG.

Had Schulz not been coming back from injury, you would think he would’ve played against Freo, ahead of Staff, given reasonable form.  Would be good to see him do a Kayne Pettifer, who really seems to have benefited from working hard on his fitness levels.  Just goes to show how much of a difference it makes to a player’s season when he has a good fitness base.  Would be good if he had some luck with injuries too.

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 09:36:14 PM »
From my perspective this is a must win game, no ifs, buts or maybes we simply must win.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 09:46:47 PM »
It will say alot about the mentality of the players, a win would be good for the kids. the latter part of this season will be tough indeed.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 09:56:15 PM »
The second half of the season could be tough if we have a number of younger players who have played a lot of footy, before they're ready for that sort of workload.  And we don't have players who can come in when needed, whether through injury or form.

The draw is a lot more friendly though, which will hopefully help.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 01:29:38 AM »
Does anyone think this could be Terry and the teams "Crunch Game" for 2006?
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 07:30:57 AM »
What about the possibility of Pettifer being suspended?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 09:52:57 AM »
From my perspective this is a must win game, no ifs, buts or maybes we simply must win.

all games are but this one more than others! i agree
shultz will come in , but staff may stay, he maybe neded and is handy in the fwd pocket. i would drop hall and bring schulz in.

we have to win this game, and win the next , we have to learn to beat the teams and win games ,these games, where we are fav. i hope the trip hasnt taked alot out of teh boys

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 10:01:19 AM »
HUGE game

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 05:03:38 PM »
Massive game in the context of things here folks.....not for anything else but the fact that this mob are hungry and looking for a win. Its about time our boys learnt how to be favourites and get the job done when its required. We have two winnable games before the break and its vital our boys turn it over and bounce back after last week's dissapointment.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 05:04:43 PM »

If he is then the tribunal is a joke.

At 5-5 we're doing alright so I'd rather Terry leave it till later on in the year but Wallace does like making the "crunch game" a game that he believes the side has a strong of winning. I hope Terry just treats Saturday like he did the Geelong game and put the challenge to the team to go out and beat a hoodoo side.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 05:10:07 PM »

If he is then the tribunal is a joke.

At 5-5 we're doing alright so I'd rather Terry leave it till later on in the year but Wallace does like making the "crunch game" a game that he believes the side has a strong of winning. I hope Terry just treats Saturday like he did the Geelong game and put the challenge to the team to go out and beat a hoodoo side.

i have a feeling rnd 13,14 or 15 will be our crunch game.
most likely it will be rnd 13 v the pies or rnd 15 v the dees as they are both home games 4 us and against teams in form and co tenants at the g

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 09:47:20 PM »
Whether it's a crunch game or not, I just hope we don't make guys like Nathan Thompson, Sav Rocca, Rawlings and Drew Petrie look like superstars like we have in the past  :banghead with Adam Simpson and Shannon Grant getting a zillion possessions.

Also hope our goalkicking boots are on this week at the 'G.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 06:30:59 AM »
Whether it's a crunch game or not, I just hope we don't make guys like Nathan Thompson, Sav Rocca, Rawlings and Drew Petrie look like superstars like we have in the past  :banghead with Adam Simpson and Shannon Grant getting a zillion possessions.

Also hope our goalkicking boots are on this week at the 'G.

yes no 10 goal 20 point performance this year as iirc we did last yr at the dome

i am confident we can win this game at the g, atthe dome i always worry , but the g is our leveller

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 07:02:45 PM »
We know with Browny and Lids back this week there'll be at least two changes against North. So who goes back to the burgers?