Author Topic: Desire / How bad can we want it after 17/20  (Read 578 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Desire / How bad can we want it after 17/20
« on: May 29, 2023, 12:56:54 AM »
I am trying not to be too critical from today's game. It's obvious losing Lynch was worst case scenario with absolutely zero replacements.

But I hate to ask how badly do it guys want it? I saw a few really soft efforts from a few really quality players that we would never see during our own years. Shai was close to beat in ground but an effort in from of MCC members inexcusable, giving up chasing Rozee who ran away and past him and then even got a follow up possession with Shai walking in the wing by himself. Dion has done similar on occasions.

I fear we have checked out, can we blame them? How long was Dimma checked out before this week? We are not fit, ww look gassed every week. Castagna quit a month or from round 1. Our standards have fallen away and I'm really not sure that leaders of the group 'want' success as badly as you need to, to be successful. Skills, tactics aside we are just aren't there in many areas but most importantly Id be blown away if there was a case made to suggest or desire, want and standards are the same levels as 2017-20.

Another narrow margin loss. Hate to say it, time to play the kids.
Go Tigers!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Desire / How bad can we want it after 17/20
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 06:19:45 PM »
I love the Rocky and Creed movies.

There’s a great scene in the first Creed film where Adonis asks Rocky about his father .

Perfect fighter , no one better was the response.

How’d you beat him then …….

Time , time takes out everyone.

I like to think that “time “ is what has caused the demise of the Richmond dynasty. It was inevitable. We’re going to be mid table for a while. We can’t compete with younger hungrier teams .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 08:43:44 PM »
Time gets us all in the end .. there’s no escape lol

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 10:58:34 PM »
LOL what a cop out yep the soft option is just blame desire and totally ignore what has been so bleeding obvious for years.

Why when the drop has been so obviously coming for even more obvious reasons do we look for dumb arse excuses.

Its so obvious i feel guilty having to spell it out.
Its not a lack of effort or desire its smacking you in the face the better players can no longer do it and the next tier who have been sheltered and protected clearly cannot take up the slack. Throw in a bit of poor list management and recruiting thru the draft in recent years and we are where we are. Staring a long and probably painful rebuild in the face.

But hey for some around here this should never happen because they just have not got things wrong. HHHAAARRRGGGGHHH.

Time to stop making excuses and first and foremost just accept where we are so obviously at.

The real question is did we really have to probably bottom out for ten years because that atm is what we are staring at imho of course.