Author Topic: TERRY made some mistakes in his interviews!  (Read 1883 times)

letsgetiton!

TERRY made some mistakes in his interviews!
« on: June 05, 2006, 09:47:15 AM »
terry wallace came out and said polos mistake cost us the game!  WRONG terry1 polo marked that ball from a pathetic pass from bowden! i was sitting watching the game right where that happened!
bowden held on to the ball too long, and rather than kick the ball long to the wing close to the boundary and playing it safe , he chipped the ball across to polo who marked it . and if it wasnt a mark it definately was interference by the freo player. they got a goal from that and the game changed!
now why didnt terry blame joelk for his bad kick, bad decision making at the time1 polo busted his guts sat night and was a far better player 4 us on teh night than joel.
now i know WP like terry is not blaming the umpires! yes we did make many mistakes! true, but so did freo, they are things that both us and them can control!
the things we cannot control are things like how the umpires officiate!  now the way the umpires officiated in the last 10 minutes cost us the game. some say its a cop out. but alot of our guys dropped off after these umpires shattered their hope and spirit.
if ppl believe that the way umpires officiate a game has no bearing on the result, im sorry u r wrong.
as i said b4, we made mistakes that were costly , but so did they, but we never scored a goal created by bad umpiring, they did!
and to add, sugars kick 4 goal from where i sat went through and was touched behing the line, and the freo attempt foor goal that was allowed was definately touched on the line by hall!
now why didnt terry come out and say, hall, chubba and joel made mistakes that cost us but labelled polo. sorry terry u dissppointed me there.

now i have one massive beef with football today and our skill level. WHY CANT FOOTBALL PLAYERS STAB PASS ANYMORE!..

many turnovers were created because guys like chubba, joel, hall, cogs, most of teh team infact etc just cannot stab pass.  to many kicks float with to much air in them and just make life easy for opponents. BRING BACK THE STAB PASS! bling, meye, hyde and lids are imo the only ones who can sorta stab pass

i thought tuck and paddy were our best players by a mile. i dont think cogs was as good as his stats suggest, he had many possessions that equal to 0 with effect and importance.

terry was corect that we lost an opportunity , but it was difficult to seal the win with the upmires out there, and what frustrated me the most after the game, a few fockers talking up how proud they were cos their team beat the "most inform" team in the comp. i told them they are are a bunch of over grown purple tele tubby wankers and idiots 4 believing all teh bs that comes out of connolleys mouth!  they then said it was a proud win as they did it with their best player and captain off the ground most the game.

i was quick to point out our captain was injured also but also let them know if they thought they would have won if richo, lids, brown, krak and shultz were in our team and were not out cos of injury!
they replied they would have won by 10 goals if they played !  then i let loose and told them that the pathetic drinking water in perth has stuffed their brains and they must know jack poo about evrything to make such stupid statements.

we lost yes, nothing hurts more than losing but at least our inexperienced team did not get thumped and imo played better footy than them apart from the centre clearances for 90% of the game

i hate purple more than ever now

bring back jay and drop razor!

btw, if petts goes in that report it sucks, even the freo ppl i was sitting with could not believe the amount of acting the purple limp were displaying

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: TERRY made some mistakes in his interviews!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 11:39:29 AM »
terry wallace came out and said polos mistake cost us the game!  WRONG terry1 polo marked that ball from a pathetic pass from bowden! i was sitting watching the game right where that happened!

Suppose it’s all up to interpretation, and the way I took that comment was that TW meant the fact the umpire missed paying the mark cost us.  Maybe I need to hear it again, but I don’t think he was blaming Polo in anyway, shape or form.  Why would he full stop, but why when, as you say, there were other mistakes that cost us too?  Anyway, I don’t think that’s what he said or meant.

i thought tuck and paddy were our best players by a mile. i dont think cogs was as good as his stats suggest, he had many possessions that equal to 0 with effect and importance.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion and maybe he wasn’t as good as the stats suggest, but have a look at how many goals he gave away, helped set up/create (he even kicked one himself), some of his second and third efforts, which kept the ball in our possession, etc., etc. and maybe that suggests he was half reasonable.  Or maybe not.

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 01:03:25 PM »
maybe i did interpret it wrong, i just feel terry should have stuck his neck out , paid a 5k fine and tell the world the standard of umpiring was totally unacceptable

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 01:17:53 PM »
terry wallace came out and said polos mistake cost us the game! 

I watched Tezza's after match press conference and he did not blame Polo for us losing. He actually made the comment that the errors (skill & decisions) came from our senior blokes

now why didnt terry come out and say, hall, chubba and joel made mistakes that cost us but labelled polo. sorry terry u dissppointed me there.

See above X - he may not have named players buthe certainly said at the press conference "senior guys made mistakes"

As to why he doesn't criticsie the umpires...well I can think of 10,000+ reason why you wouldn't.

His comments at his after match regarding the umpiring was that the club would have a look at the game and go through the appropirate channels if it was required. He was asked about which ones and he mentioned the Hall two, the Polo (non) mark

now i have one massive beef with football today and our skill level. WHY CANT FOOTBALL PLAYERS STAB PASS ANYMORE!..

many turnovers were created because guys like chubba, joel, hall, cogs, most of teh team infact etc just cannot stab pass.  to many kicks float with to much air in them and just make life easy for opponents. BRING BACK THE STAB PASS! bling, meye, hyde and lids are imo the only ones who can sorta stab pass

This I agree with - but let me say we are not the only team that does it. I t appears to be a common trend in footy today.

Floating ineffectual kicks  :banghead :banghead :banghead

To a degree that's what happened with Polo in the last 5 minutes - the pass should have been lace out on his chest not over his head
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 01:19:52 PM »
They were saying on SEN last night that there was an umpire umpiring his first AFL game.  Not sure if that’s correct or not.  And that it has been said that new umpires can get caught out making home town decisions.  Maybe they need to do some coaching on how to avoid that happening in these situations.  Or maybe they just need to experience it to know how to handle it next time.

Anyway, it’s been and gone.  It happens to all teams.  So let’s just move on, because I don’t think the standard of umpiring is about to change any time soon, no matter who says what.  And maybe a more experienced group of players wouldn’t have got themselves into that situation either.  We'll just have to put it down to experience.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion and maybe he wasn’t as good as the stats suggest, but have a look at how many goals he gave away, helped set up/create (he even kicked one himself), some of his second and third efforts, which kept the ball in our possession, etc., etc. and maybe that suggests he was half reasonable.  Or maybe not.

I was talking to someone at work this morning about this very issue because it is an interesting one. They siad to me that they thought watching it on the TV that it was probably the best they've seen Cogs play all year. And they asked me what I thought and to be truthful if I had just watch the game on TV I would have agreed but being at the game will always give a different perspective and there were times I was disappointed in his defensive efforts off the ball.

Here's another example:

As most people know I have always said that the TV doesn't always tell the full story and that's what I found on Saturday night. There was 2 occassions during the game where 2 Tiger players did not chase or even attempt to chase their Freo opponents this happened at the end of the ground I was sitting at.

These were not picked up on the TV or even mentioned by the commentators. So unless you were there and probably sitting where I was I've got no doubt that people wouldn't be aware of it but I saw it and it mad my blood boil.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »
Fair enough WP.  You often get a different perspective when you’re at the game, compared to what you see on tv.  Maybe there were occasions when a better effort was required.  But not sure how that example detracts from the rest of his game.

Not having a go at anyone for having an opinion, just trying to understand why one or two incidents cancels out everything else good a player(s) may have done in a game.

To me there seemed to be a small part of the match where Freo players were free all of a sudden, when that wasn’t how most of the game was played.  Whatever the reason for that happening was, we couldn’t be scathing of all the players for a small part of the game when they did brilliantly for the majority of the match.  Sure there were some bad bits, but there were more good signs than bad.

Compared to how things used to be, to me they seem a whole lot better now.  And if we stick at it, they will get a whole lot better.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 03:50:03 PM »
Fair enough WP.  You often get a different perspective when you’re at the game, compared to what you see on tv.  Maybe there were occasions when a better effort was required.  But not sure how that example detracts from the rest of his game.

Not having a go at anyone for having an opinion, just trying to understand why one or two incidents cancels out everything else good a player(s) may have done in a game.

From my point of view it comes down to how costly they are. Also, it's like what I was saying about Howat at Coburg - 23 kicks is great but they don't mean much if they go straight to the opposition

Using Cogs as an example the dropped chest mark in the last that I mentioned on another thread (when trying to point out you can't blame the umpires for the loss) cost us a goal and there was instance in the first where a block on a Freo player would have given us a clearance in the back half instead one of our blokes ended up being tackled - turnover goal to Freo.

Believe me he wasn't alone as I said there were 2 other occassions where a couple of blokes didn't even bother to chase and they were costly too

One of the things so many of us have been critical of is how when the pressure's been on we don't seem to work for one another and that's one of the things I look at alot these days and it always stands out in my mind

Compared to how things used to be, to me they seem a whole lot better now.  And if we stick at it, they will get a whole lot better.

Completely agree

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 05:05:19 PM »
The only mistake Sir William made was not drilling the umpires for a woeful performance. From the first free that they paid against Staff for a shepard we got mauled. In saying that, we threw the game away but god help me we were up against it. This week we bounce back against the umps and all.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

6PR played the press-conference in full and Terry never said that. Some journo asked him about Polo marking incidient  and all Terry said was it was costly. The media have taken artistic license to bend the truth. As WP said Wallace said he would look at it, Hall's running too far decision and Pettifer's deliberate OOB and go through the appropriate channels if need be.

What ticks me off is Connolly spent all last week complaining and whinging about Freo getting the rough stick of the umpiring all year and surprise surprise the umps are generous to Freo against us. Maybe Terry should do a Connolly this week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 05:55:58 PM »

6PR played the press-conference in full and Terry never said that. Some journo asked him about Polo marking incidient  and all Terry said was it was costly. The media have taken artistic license to bend the truth. As WP said Wallace said he would look at it, Hall's running too far decision and Pettifer's deliberate OOB and go through the appropriate channels if need be.

What ticks me off is Connolly spent all last week complaining and whinging about Freo getting the rough stick of the umpiring all year and surprise surprise the umps are generous to Freo against us. Maybe Terry should do a Connolly this week.

"Wallace admitted Dean Polo's mistake across the half back line which resulted in a goal for Shaun McManus at the 23-minute mark was the one that broke his side's back."
http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=271053

maybe this journo got it wrong

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 06:04:24 PM »

"Wallace admitted Dean Polo's mistake across the half back line which resulted in a goal for Shaun McManus at the 23-minute mark was the one that broke his side's back."

Yep.

I don't have bigpond but anyone who does can click on the link and listen to Terry's press-conference audio.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 07:26:21 PM »

Yep.

I don't have bigpond but anyone who does can click on the link and listen to Terry's press-conference audio.

i did that 2 hrs ago, should have done so b4 i started this thread, that bloody journo made me look like a king richard! mught have to contact him and send him a horses head!

Ox

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 07:40:51 PM »

i did that 2 hrs ago, should have done so b4 i started this thread, that bloody journo made me look like a king richard! mught have to contact him and send him a horses head!

Why dont you bash his skull in instead?

You shouldn't let him get away with it.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 07:48:52 PM »

Why dont you bash his skull in instead?

You shouldn't let him get away with it.

not a bad idea, do the "brogan"