Author Topic: Team for Round 11  (Read 3429 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Team for Round 11
« on: June 08, 2006, 03:45:51 PM »
B: Kellaway, Hall, Raines

H/B: Newman, J Bowden, Polo

C: Tivendale, Coughlan, Johnson

H/F: Pettifer, Pattison, Tambling

F: Brown, Stafford, Deledio

R: Simmonds, Tuck, Hyde

I/C: P Bowden, Foley, Meyer, Krakouer

Emergencies: Gaspar, Knobel, White

In: Brown, Deledio, Krakouer

Out: Gaspar, Knobel, White

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Team for Round 11
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 04:01:48 PM »
Terry's gone for skill in the backline over height. Gas got through training so it looks as though he's been dropped. I don't have a problem with it as IMO both Gas and Razor can no longer be played in the same backline although it'll be interesting if North now stack their forward line with both big lugs Thompson and Rocca to stretch us for height and size. I'm sure Caro will write another article about Gas being on the outer  :whistle.

Surprised Knobel got dropped ahead of Staff. We'll need Staff to help out Simmo in the ruck now. Maybe we're trying to give Staff the 4 games he needs to reach 200.

Krak would be doubtful so I wouldn't be surprised if Whitey comes back into the 22.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 04:58:47 PM »
I dont think Gaspar or Knobel should have been dropped, i suppose it gives Knobel the chance to keep his fitness up by playing a full game in the ruck but Stafford was terrible last week.

Gaspar also played ok and i think he would be disappointed to be dropped.

White also stiff, but as you say MT krak appears to be in doubt still so he may come back in.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 05:11:34 PM »
i thnk the selections are ok. its difficult to pick ur best 22 when things are looking good.

i think staff is staying because last week he was stiff, he lead well and was on the wrong end of many umpiring decisions. knob  i feel is very underated , he has a huge influence when rucking but staff is a better option up fwd.

brown and krak are named so 2 have to go, gas and white were the obv choice, cos we cannot afford to have 50/50 skilled kickers running out of defence, its either chubba hall or gas, and gas is the obv choice.

white, is stiff but if krak is fit, he deserves to get a jumper, his previous month has been fantastic.

im not worried about nths height as much as i used to, as its up to th emidfield to stop easy access to nths fwdline.

we have to watch wells and grant.

im confident that if we play our best footy and are hard at it we can win easy

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 05:17:04 PM »
I don't agree with the Knobel or Gaspar decisions.

I agree with MT that having both Hall and Gaspar in the back line but I would have dropped Hall before Gaspar. I thought Gas did reasonably OK in what was a bad match up.

We need Knobel's smarts in the ruck IMO. I think he is a mucher better tap ruckman than Simmonds. Look at the goal assists from ruck contest stats and you'll find Knobel's a leader in that = footy smarts
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 05:26:11 PM »
i agree, wp, but i think its a team balance thing
we cant have knob, patto, staff and simmo in the one team.
i really believe staff is only there to replace richo not knob. as soon as richo is back i bet knob will be too .
hall is prob in the team because he is a better kick than gas and nothing else.

knob is a hard call, i woudl rather him in as a ruck and not staff, but i feel staff isnt in the team for his rucking, just to stand in the square.
i know hale is rucking well for the roos, but they have no one else. its not like the roos have 2 quality rucks so i feel terry is going into this game with one ruck in simmo, and patto and staff as backups

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 05:47:56 PM »

Agree with that X and Staff only being in the side because Richo is out but he needs to kick more goals. I've got nothing to back this us but I still feel we're going to help him reach 200 games. I can understand some of the reasoning behind the decision as Knobel wins the hitouts but does nothing else whereas Staff can play forward, kick a few goals and as well at least contest the ruck. But Staff's form hasn't been one of kicking goals or at least enough to warrant a starting spot at FF. I'd rather we went with Sarge if we need a replacement FF but he mustn't be right yet.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 05:49:11 PM »
just been thinking about gas,
maybe tw gave him specific roles and goals to achieve in the freo game. we dont really know what th einhouse stuff is, but maybe terry asked him to do something and he didnt thus got the chop. just a thought

letsgetiton!

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 05:51:05 PM »

Agree with that X and Staff only being in the side because Richo is out but he needs to kick more goals. I've got nothing to back this us but I still feel we're going to help him reach 200 games. I can understand some of the reasoning behind the decision as Knobel wins the hitouts but does nothing else whereas Staff can play forward, kick a few goals and as well at least contest the ruck. But Staff's form hasn't been one of kicking goals or at least enough to warrant a starting spot at FF. I'd rather we went with Sarge if we need a replacement FF but he mustn't be right yet.

i agree mt, i heard whispers that jay is ok but pulled up sore thus hasnt been selected. im sure he will play next week esp if staff does not kick at least 4

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »
just been thinking about gas,
maybe tw gave him specific roles and goals to achieve in the freo game. we dont really know what th einhouse stuff is, but maybe terry asked him to do something and he didnt thus got the chop. just a thought

As stoppers you couldn't blame any of our backmen last week. None of the Freo forwards got away. I think Pavlich got 3 but he hardly had a influential impact on the result. I think Terry knows we've been burnt off withb pace by the Roos midfielders in the past - Simpson, Grant, Harris (not so much Wells). So this week go with more skilled by foot runners both in the midfield and rebounding out defence. Gas then becomes the obvious casualty.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 06:01:49 PM »
i agree mt, i heard whispers that jay is ok but pulled up sore thus hasnt been selected. im sure he will play next week esp if staff does not kick at least 4

Thanks X. Fair enough then about Sarge not playing.

Staff not only needs to kick a few himself but drag some Roo defenders with him in one direction to leave space open for our other forwards to lead and mark. Last week especially in the first half we went inside 50 heaps of times but the final pass was continually spoiled.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 06:30:57 PM »
North side and changes:

B:    Sinclair      Brown    Makepeace

HB:   Pratt          Watt        Archer

C:     Green         Harris     Simpson

HF:  Ch.Jones Thompson     Grant

F:    Harvey     J.Rawlings    Co.Jones

R:     Hale         Wells        B.Rawlings

Int: Petrie, Sansbury, Gibson, Firrito

Emerg: Harding, Thurley, Schwarze

IN: Firrito, Ch Jones, Sansbury

OUT: McIntosh, Thurley, Swallow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 06:58:55 PM »
No McIntosh means North have gone with one designated ruckman also in Hale. They'll need Petrie to chip in now. Either our club spies have done well lol or Laidley has just copied Wallace. Glad Sav wasn't brought in either.

I hope Terry chucks Blingers and Lids forward during the game and we get the ball inside forward 50 quickly. That North backline has some big bodies but looks slow!

:gotigers

letsgetiton!

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 08:10:33 PM »
. Glad Sav wasn't brought in either.

me too! we will win no doubt now. thompson and rawlings wont kick enough combined to win. thommo is capable of a bag but he wont do it alone like he did v the hawks

Bulluss

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 10:18:51 PM »
Either our club spies have done well lol or Laidley has just copied Wallace. Glad Sav wasn't brought in either.

Do we have a club spy?  :shh

Aaahhh, is that sauce?  :shh :lol