Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - Jacob Hopper?  (Read 1267 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rate a Tiger's year - Jacob Hopper?
« on: September 24, 2023, 07:47:30 AM »
Next up is Hopper.

Hopper in his first year as a Tiger after crossing over from GWS, and eighth year of AFL, played 16 out of a possible 23 games to take his career tally to 130. After playing in the opening two rounds, he missed the Collingwood game in round 3 with knee joint soreness (very lucky it wasn't something more serious given how he hurt it against Adelaide). Hopper returned the following week and played the next six weeks until he suffered a left soleus strain in our win over Geelong in round 9. This injury caused him to be out for six weeks. He returned for the Brisbane game in round 16 and played the next six weeks before copping a concussion against the Bulldogs in round 21 which saw him miss another week. Hopper then returned for a third time to play the final two matches of the Home and Away season. 

Season Highlights   
● 32 disps (19 kicks 13 hballs), 6 tackles and a goal in Rd 8 46-pt win over West Coast at the MCG (6 May)
● 32 disps (13 kicks 19 hballs), 5 marks and 5 tackles in Rd 5 44-pt loss to Sydney at Adelaide Oval (14 Apr)
● 28 disps (12 kicks 16 hballs) and 8 marks in Rd 23 29-pt win over North Melbourne at the MCG (19 Aug)
● 23 disps (12 kicks 11 hballs), 10 marks and a goal in Rd 6 18-pt loss to Melbourne at the MCG (24 Apr)
● 23 disps (10 kicks 13 hballs), 7 marks, 6 tackles and a goal in Rd 2 32-pt win over Adelaide at Adelaide Oval (25 Mar)
● 22 disps (13 kicks 9 hballs), 4 marks, 6 tackles and 2 goals in Rd 16 81-pt loss to Brisbane at the Gabba (29 Jun)

Richmond career stats to date
          Games  Kicks   Hballs   Disposals  Marks  Tackles   G.B      GA   Clear.   In50   R50
2023:    16*    10.1     11.2       21.4       3.4       4.0       7.4      0.8    4.2      4.2     1.5

* Includes 2 games subbed off.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--jacob-hopper
https://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=2620

How did we all rate Hopper's year?

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - Jacob Hopper?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 09:42:34 AM »
Can only go with a 3, injury destroyed what could've been a better year.  His best is very good & very capable, but laying in the medical room is not what anybody wants.   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 03:35:16 PM »
Looks slow. On the flip, a nicer kick than I expected
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 08:47:55 PM »
Can only go with a 3, injury destroyed what could've been a better year.  His best is very good & very capable, but laying in the medical room is not what anybody wants.

Agree with the above

But I gave him a 4 because there were a couple of stand out games. And his disposal by foot is very good

Need to get him on the park for 23 games
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 09:11:35 PM »
3 from me. Could have gone 4 max but when you're on $700k the expectation is higher.

Was hoping for more games and more impact. His best was great but not often enough.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 10:07:45 PM »
Not worth the money but we were the ones who coughed it up to him. Still a very solid player
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 08:12:45 AM »
I gave him a 1. That's a 1 because it's not his fault we coughed up big for him.

It's his job to lift his standards on and off the field. His past 2 seasons have been rubbish

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 01:22:09 PM »
Woeful. Unfit and overpaid.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2023, 03:05:56 PM »
He needs to get fitter and get his body right not happy with this trade , but it is what it is.