Author Topic: Predictions for 2024 - Richmond to be a slider (Foxsports)  (Read 2811 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Predictions for 2024 - Richmond to be a slider (Foxsports)
« on: November 14, 2023, 11:05:04 AM »
Early verdict on every AFL club’s 2024 chances

David Zita and Catherine Healey
Fox Sports
November 14th, 2023

THE SLIDERS

The mighty Richmond aren’t the same formidable outfit that saw them claim three flags in four years. And now they’ll head into 2024 without champion duo Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin.

While the return of Tom Lynch from long-term injury is a positive, there’s plenty of work to do for new coach Adem Yze.

It’s also worth noting the Tigers don’t have a pick in the draft until 29 – which is set to push out into the 30s given the Academy selections predicted in the first round, after what they gave up to secure Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper last year.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/longawaited-finals-returns-and-shock-slides-early-verdict-on-every-afl-clubs-2024-chances/news-story/63f62951864d5ff5d9df381b7c70c041

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Predictions for 2024 - Richmond to be a slider (Foxsports)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 04:04:00 PM »
Not sure why its worth noting we don't have a pick till 29.

In 2024 few clubs will be expecting a hell of a lot from the kids they draft unless they are top 3 or 5.
Ant first round pick we may have taken this year would not be in calculations on lifting us up the ladder next year.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 09:21:45 AM »
There are a few kids on the list that could step up. Banks, Sonsie, Brown, Gibcus etc. Even Cumbo. I want to see some green shoots next year. Don’t really care where we finish.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 11:12:48 AM »
There are a few kids on the list that could step up. Banks, Sonsie, Brown, Gibcus etc. Even Cumbo. I want to see some green shoots next year. Don’t really care where we finish.

Yes agree. Ladder position is not as important as finding out about these kids and their long term future.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 12:31:16 PM »

Yes agree. Ladder position is not as important as finding out about these kids and their long term future.
Yep, agree with all of this.  Our ladder position is irrelevant next year.  Ooze has a free hit for his first year, it will be interesting to see how he uses it.  I think he is smart enough to know what to do.   
I hope we spend a year developing players rather than scratching to make the 8.  A few of our regular guys will still be out there but I hope they get lesser roles, let some kids do the heavy lifting & see how they handle it. 

The one thing we don't want to lose is the opportunity to develop our next side. 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 05:05:46 PM »

Yep, agree with all of this.  Our ladder position is irrelevant next year.  Ooze has a free hit for his first year, it will be interesting to see how he uses it.  I think he is smart enough to know what to do.   
I hope we spend a year developing players rather than scratching to make the 8.  A few of our regular guys will still be out there but I hope they get lesser roles, let some kids do the heavy lifting & see how they handle it. 

The one thing we don't want to lose is the opportunity to develop our next side.
We need to view this year as a development year , to finish 10th or 16th means nothing, as long as the kids have a go and improve as measured by the club and not the haters it will be ok by me
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 08:17:17 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 07:20:27 PM »
2024 AFL hype ladder

David Zita
FoxSports
December 19th, 2023

Some clubs look set to launch into 2024, well prepared to meet and even exceed expectations.

Others will be under pressure to atone for the mistakes of 2023 or it may be business as usual for several clubs after a relatively quiet off-season.

Foxfooty.com.au assesses every AFL club and ranks them 1-18 on the pre-season hype ladder.

16) RICHMOND

It was the end of an era with Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin retiring, not to mention the departure of Damien Hardwick. There’s plenty to like about Adem Yze, but the side is in a different phase to the one it was perhaps in heading into 2023. Tom Lynch won’t be rushed back and it’s hard to shake the feeling it might be a year of development under Yze rather than a return to the barnstorming premiership-contending Tigers.

1. Carlton
2. Adelaide
3. Sydney
4. Collingwood
5. Brisbane
6. Gold Coast
7. GWS
8. Port Adelaide
9. Hawthorn
10. Melbourne
11. Essendon
12. Geelong
13. St Kilda
14. W.Bulldogs
15. Fremantle
16. Richmond
17. West Coast
18. North Melbourne

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-hype-ladder-for-2024-season-as-every-team-ranked-based-on-expectations-premiership-chances-risers-and-fallers-analysis-news/news-story/91a5c1bab4bd2162aa6b5a87cf6f5469