Author Topic: we won a wnnable game ----finally!  (Read 2298 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: North game stats
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 07:22:10 PM »
To satisfy a requirement of their 2 major sponsors that they get equal amount of exposure - that's what I read yesterday :-\ in the HUN I think it was

It was in Sunday's HUN page 52 to be precise and it says:

The Stipe Type

"Remember when the Kangaroos wore blue and white stripes? The Kangaroos wore a blue number yesterday with splashes of white, even though there was no jumper clash with the Tigers. It was all to do with their 2 match-day sponsors - each have 11 games to show their logo. It meant any argument over the integrity of their strip when playing rivals such as Collingwood went out the window."
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Re: we won a wnnable game ----finally!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 08:01:34 PM »
I wouldnt drop Patto just yet. I thought he was handy at times yesterday and to me looked as mobile as Ive ever seen him. Staff was dissapointing but Ill carry him to his 200 so Id keep him in this week. That and the fact that Hawthorn cant match up on talls, so if Staff is on a good day he may kick 3-4. Ive been dissapointed with Krak's inconsistency for a while now so Im used to him being hot and cold.

We won when we were favourites....BUT i still think a few people gave North a big shot. I reckon against the Hawks everyone will jump on so this is the real test.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

letsgetiton!

Re: we won a wnnable game ----finally!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 06:25:50 AM »
I wouldnt drop Patto just yet. I thought he was handy at times yesterday and to me looked as mobile as Ive ever seen him. Staff was dissapointing but Ill carry him to his 200 so Id keep him in this week. That and the fact that Hawthorn cant match up on talls, so if Staff is on a good day he may kick 3-4. Ive been dissapointed with Krak's inconsistency for a while now so Im used to him being hot and cold.

We won when we were favourites....BUT i still think a few people gave North a big shot. I reckon against the Hawks everyone will jump on so this is the real test.

i would not say krak has been inconsistant
befor he was out injured 4 one week, he had a gr8 month, and along with snake, petts and monster our best player over that period. v the roos was his first game back and still fav his knee and his did enough to get another game