Author Topic: we won a wnnable game ----finally!  (Read 2297 times)

letsgetiton!

we won a wnnable game ----finally!
« on: June 10, 2006, 06:46:37 PM »
the monkey is off our back imo.
we finally won a game we should have won! a game we were favorites.(according to the bookies)

this shows we are maturing as a team and know where we going and understand terrys plan.
we travelled from perth and many lose this game after a trip far and wide, but we out ran the roos and had plenty in reserve. gr8 signs.

was good to see meyer kick butt, he is looking the goods, bling worked hard, as did polo and patto is the next one to come good. i believe he will, but being a big bloke it takes a bit longer.

hyde is a monster, lids is a gun, cogs is improving, tuck is well, just tuck , a hard workhorse, paddy is teh recruit of teh yr thus far, joel is the general , newman is a solid consistanat performer and pettifer is the man of the hr, le creme della creme!!!

simmo is showing why he is a gr8 player and raines is travelling splendidly.

lets keep this tigger traing puffing , cos this train is on the move and aint stopping  till we get to the top

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
North game stats
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 07:46:54 PM »
Team stats

Kicks       240 - 193   
Marks      131 - 104   
Handballs 138 - 115   
Tackles      40 - 54   
Hitouts       19 - 22   
Frees        12 - 15

Individual stats

Player           K   H   D  M  HO  T  FF  FA  G  B   
J.Bowden     22   4  26  9  0  0  0  1  1  0   
P.Bowden    19   7  26  10  0  1  0  1  1  0   
B.Deledio     14 11  25  11  0  1  0  0  0  1   
A.Kellaway   15   8  23  12  0  3  2  1  1  1   
K.Pettifer      20  2  22  12  0  2  2  0  4  2   
S.Tuck         16   6  22  3  1  1  0  1  0  0   
K.Johnson   13   8  21  10  0  3  1  0  0  0   
T.Simmonds 13   8  21 10 12  2  1  3  1  0   
A.Raines      11   9  20  6  0  1  0  0  0  0   
G.Tivendale  14   5  19  7  0  2  0  0  1  0   
M.Coughlan   9   9  18  3  0  1  1  1  0  1   
D.Polo          7  11  18  4  0  0  0  0  0  1   
N.Foley       10   7  17  2  1  6  2  0  0  0   
C.Hyde         7   8  15  3  0  1  1  0  1  0   
N.Brown        9   5  14  7  0  0  0  0  2  0   
R.Hall            6   8  14  4  0  1  0  2  0  0   
D.Meyer        8   5  13  3  0  4  0  2  2  1   
R.Tambling    7   6  13  4  0  3  1  1  0  0   
A.Krakouer    5   4   9  2  0  1  0  1  1  1   
G.Stafford     7   1   8  6  5  2  0  0  0  1   
C.Newman    6   1   7  2  0  4  0  1  0  0   
A.Pattison     2   5   7  1  0  1  1  0  0  0

Top 5's

Ranking Points

Pettifer           178
J.Bowden       134

Thompson      134
P.Bowden      124
Harvey           117

Contested Possies

Harris            9
Pettifer          9
Coughlan       8
Polo              8

Simpson        8

Uncontested Possies

P.Bowden     21
Deledio         20
Kellaway       20
J.Bowden     19

Harvey         17 

Effective Kicks

J.Bowden      19
Pettifer          19
P.Bowden      16

Harvey          16
Deledio         12

Inside 50

Tivendale       7
Grant            6
Pettifer          5
Johnson        5
Tuck             5

Rebound 50

J.Bowden      7
P.Bowden      6
Johnson        5

Sinclair         5
Pratt             4

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: we won a wnnable game ----finally!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 08:18:30 PM »
A very good win given we didn't play at our best either. Wallace was right to say it was workmanlike. We won comfortably in the end and did what was required. Thompson and the umps sure kept North in the game.

It would have been great to win by more and boost our % and we probably should have as North were shocking but a win's a win and we knocked off our June and North hoodoo.

Simmo, Petts, the Bowdens and Kellaway were great. We just had too much class and pace (thanks to our young guys) for North which is a nice change. Awesome to see Browny back and showing glimpses of his old self.

And to Rawlings - enjoy your six weeks holidays idiot ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

Re: North game stats
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 08:33:28 PM »
Pattison, Stafford and Krakouer all struggled today to some degree. Would be good to see Schulz come in for Pattison, Knoble come in for Stafford and Oakley-Nicholls get another go for Krakouer against Hawthorn. Just my opinion.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 09:14:44 PM »
It's games like today where Krak is frustrating. He didn't win enough footy because he didn't go in hard enough for 50/50 footy when he had to. I wouldn't drop him though and give him some slack as I wonder how much his knee affected him today. 

Agree Ramps that Schulz and Knobel should come in for Patto and Staff next week.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 08:28:11 PM »
It's games like today where Krak is frustrating. He didn't win enough footy because he didn't go in hard enough for 50/50 footy when he had to. I wouldn't drop him though and give him some slack as I wonder how much his knee affected him today. 

Agree Ramps that Schulz and Knobel should come in for Patto and Staff next week.

disagree mt, i thought krak did go in very hard, he won and contested many hard balls, yes 1 or 2 times he may not have but for most of teh time he didm and his goal feeding off snake was brilliant. he was limping a lil, towards the end, and did come back from a knee that was worse than lids. krak will hold his spot and so will patto, patto made 1 or 2 errors but that wont worry tw, as he many times did the right thing  and ewas particularly good in the last quarter.  staff apart from his kicking also presented and did nice things but he is the one who will make way for jay imo.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 03:52:49 AM »
disagree mt, i thought krak did go in very hard, he won and contested many hard balls, yes 1 or 2 times he may not have but for most of teh time he didm and his goal feeding off snake was brilliant. he was limping a lil, towards the end, and did come back from a knee that was worse than lids. krak will hold his spot and so will patto, patto made 1 or 2 errors but that wont worry tw, as he many times did the right thing  and ewas particularly good in the last quarter.  staff apart from his kicking also presented and did nice things but he is the one who will make way for jay imo.

That crumb by Krak off Simmo and snap for a goal was awesome play all round but Krak showed a couple of ordinary efforts at the footy near where I was sitting X. Like I said I'll forgive him because it was doubtful he would play all last week due to his knee.

Yeah with Knobel getting injured at Coburg, Patto will probably stay in unless we want to help Staff get closer to his 200th.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 09:53:36 AM »

That crumb by Krak off Simmo and snap for a goal was awesome play all round but Krak showed a couple of ordinary efforts at the footy near where I was sitting X. Like I said I'll forgive him because it was doubtful he would play all last week due to his knee.

Yeah with Knobel getting injured at Coburg, Patto will probably stay in unless we want to help Staff get closer to his 200th.

i admit, he did have a couple of poor efforts, but his good was better than his bad on his first game back from injury. if anyone should be dropped its our captain, i know you wont agree, but he has been our most ineffectual player all season. tou may say he is doing his job as a leader, but imo he is not doing enough, and if he were wayne campbell atm, everyone would be calling 4 his head

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 04:14:28 PM »
if anyone should be dropped its our captain, i know you wont agree, but he has been our most ineffectual player all season. tou may say he is doing his job as a leader, but imo he is not doing enough, and if he were wayne campbell atm, everyone would be calling 4 his head

You weren't sitting where I was X lol.

Sugar has been doing his job to shutdown one of the opposition's prime midfielders so he isn't ineffectual as far as the team goes but yeah he himself has admitted he's been quiet offensively although I thought he was good attacking through the centre in the last quarter. IMO he must be carrying an injury or we're nursing him through games. We started the game with our captain and vice-captain on the bench and at the start of the third we had Lids off as well with them. Not something you would do if they were all 100%.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 07:13:33 AM »
if anyone should be dropped its our captain, i know you wont agree, but he has been our most ineffectual player all season. tou may say he is doing his job as a leader, but imo he is not doing enough, and if he were wayne campbell atm, everyone would be calling 4 his head

You weren't sitting where I was X lol.

Sugar has been doing his job to shutdown one of the opposition's prime midfielders so he isn't ineffectual as far as the team goes but yeah he himself has admitted he's been quiet offensively although I thought he was good attacking through the centre in the last quarter. IMO he must be carrying an injury or we're nursing him through games. We started the game with our captain and vice-captain on the bench and at the start of the third we had Lids off as well with them. Not something you would do if they were all 100%.

i think ur right about sugar not being 100%, i think his hammy is still giving him grief so maybe he isnt running as hard as he could offensively.

but i just just baiting u about sugar, cos i know u jump to his defence asap! lol  :thumbsup

still think he should not be captain, did you see his soft nudge on jade after the bling hit, joel, our real captain, was the first one to reminstrate and started giving to jade, then sugar thought, hold on im captain, i should stick up 4 my cubs, and came in with the softest of nudges, made me laugh lol :rollin

Offline Cain

• Future Richmond star
Re: we won a wnnable game ----finally!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 10:11:57 AM »
It's called the "don't argue" for a reason.
It was worth the 5 year deal just to see Simmo "Don't argue" Archer.
He's been dishing out roug stuff for years and he copped a beauty from Simmo, and he he proceeded to argue with ump.
Boo hoo hoo - just f**k right, Archer you pee***.
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 04:24:45 PM »
That was hilarious seeing Archer blowing his top at the Ump. Simmo just bounced him off lol. 

but i just just baiting u about sugar, cos i know u jump to his defence asap! lol  :thumbsup

Like yourself and Krak X lol   :thumbsup.

Can someone explain to me in these days of not wanting teams guernseys to clash why North would wear a all royal blue jumper on a foggy day vs our "dark" jumper when our traditional guernseys don't clash?  ???

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 04:35:08 PM »
Can someone explain to me in these days of not wanting teams guernseys to clash why North would wear a all royal blue jumper on a foggy day vs our "dark" jumper when our traditional guernseys don't clash?  ???

To satisfy a requirement of their 2 major sponsors that they get equal amount of exposure - that's what I read yesterday :-\ in the HUN I think it was
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 05:21:31 PM »

To satisfy a requirement of their 2 major sponsors that they get equal amount of exposure - that's what I read yesterday :-\ in the HUN I think it was

Thanks for that WP. I was listening to North's CEO on 3aw and they asked why North wore the all blue guernsey in Canberra even though it was their "home" game and he mentioned the 2 sponsors explanation but he also said that in Canberra they wanted to emphasize the "Kangaroos" brand while in Melbourne they wore the traditional jumper to connect with their traditional North Melbourne supporter base (both of them lol). Whatever the explanation it is ridiculous for the AFL to go on about everyone having an alternative strip when clubs like North and Collingwood choose to wear their dark clash strips when playing against us  ???.   

letsgetiton!

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 06:16:22 PM »

Like yourself and Krak X lol   :thumbsup.

its all good champ!!! :thumbsup