Author Topic: 2024 AFL draft  (Read 44256 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 2024 AFL draft
« Reply #525 on: October 11, 2024, 10:10:27 PM »
They weren't go to trade that pick to anyone unless they got a points surplus - that was the whole idea..... :shh

Yeah I get it, but don’t you think we’ve gone overboard? We didn’t just give them a surplus we gave them double lol. If we kept any 1 of those picks in the 40s, they’re still getting 400+ points in excess.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #526 on: October 11, 2024, 10:11:34 PM »
honestly eagles would be stupid giving up pick 3 for 2 mid teen picks.

Blues want FOS, or its a smokesrceen for Lalor.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #527 on: October 11, 2024, 10:20:15 PM »
They weren't go to trade that pick to anyone unless they got a points surplus - that was the whole idea..... :shh

Yeah I get it, but don’t you think we’ve gone overboard? We didn’t just give them a surplus we gave them double lol. If we kept any 1 of those picks in the 40s, they’re still getting 400+ points in excess.

I didn't say it was a great trade but we probably had to outdo offers from other clubs....personally think we should've just bid on Ashcroft with our first pick on the night....whoever we pick would probably take not having the added burden of being pick one over the 20k bonus.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #528 on: October 11, 2024, 10:22:06 PM »
honestly eagles would be stupid giving up pick 3 for 2 mid teen picks.

Blues want FOS, or its a smokesrceen for Lalor.

Still talk of Norf splitting pick 2...if not now, on the night..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #529 on: October 11, 2024, 10:46:27 PM »
It was an auction  , and we paid market price , this pick is likely a quality player or a trade with WC  for pick 3 along with Maker , a fair deal imho

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: October 11, 2024, 10:59:20 PM »
Don't forget those picks we traded out will probably all blow out by 5- 10 places.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #531 on: October 12, 2024, 12:01:29 PM »
Don't forget those picks we traded out will probably all blow out by 5- 10 places.... :shh

Yep exactly.

32 will be at least 37-40 minimum.

Is still have liked to keep it but I understand why we did the trade and I'm at peace with it.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #532 on: October 12, 2024, 02:18:39 PM »
Probably only interested in the top 25 of the draft so pick 32+ of no interest

Online OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #533 on: October 12, 2024, 03:10:01 PM »
Probably only interested in the top 25 of the draft so pick 32+ of no interest

💯😉

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #534 on: October 12, 2024, 03:58:41 PM »

I didn't say it was a great trade but we probably had to outdo offers from other clubs....personally think we should've just bid on Ashcroft with our first pick on the night....whoever we pick would probably take not having the added burden of being pick one over the 20k bonus.... :shh

They were always getting something like that in points for pick 20. The goodwill of giving us that pick probably means we don’t bid at pick 1 for Ashcroft.
Doesn’t mean much now because we will probably end up with 7 or 8 picks inside top 30 meaning we will have just wasted those picks anyways….
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #535 on: October 12, 2024, 04:16:26 PM »
If we draft Lalor after a 12wk hammy we may as may close the doors to Punt Rd and throw away the key. Would be stuffen stupidity

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #536 on: October 12, 2024, 10:10:08 PM »
The Things Richmond & St Kilda Would Do For Sam Lalor...

bubbling away under the scenes is who these clubs really want in the 2024 draft. Sam Lalor is the answer to most questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZTSnmbcXIg

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #537 on: October 13, 2024, 09:20:07 AM »
If we draft Lalor after a 12wk hammy we may as may close the doors to Punt Rd and throw away the key. Would be stuffen stupidity

We never learn, I mean we drafted Dylan Grimes…..oh wait.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #538 on: October 13, 2024, 03:53:46 PM »

We never learn, I mean we drafted Dylan Grimes…..oh wait.
---
grimes was a PSD selection. There is a difference, actually massive difference.

I dont know enough about him to offer an opinion by the way

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #539 on: October 13, 2024, 04:55:31 PM »
Yeah it's a really hard Pick 1. Last few years have had it very easy.

We can't go wrong and yet almost certainty to be criticized.

I think 1 thing is for sure, we bid on Ashcroft and give him the pressure of being pick 1. I've loved the combo of Lalor and Smillie. Smillie dropped off and Lalor hammy I think poses the smallest of risks that really probably isn't worth it for pick 1. Id love him at Richmond, I wonder if we risk and hope he is there at 6. Possibly even trading 6 and a future 2nd to get 3 and Pick him up at 3.

Think Jagga or FOS need to be 1 but I think Lalor will be the best player from draft

Go Tigers!