Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 57988 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #630 on: October 03, 2024, 02:02:45 PM »
If we are fair dinkum it’s very simple

We select Ashcroft pick one

Brisbane will want him and will pay up

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #631 on: October 03, 2024, 02:28:22 PM »
If we are fair dinkum it’s very simple

We select Ashcroft pick one

Brisbane will want him and will pay up

Apparently it's not that simple for some and is also draft tampering.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #632 on: October 03, 2024, 02:48:05 PM »
I'd be telling Brisbane we are bidding with P1 so they need 2400 points to match.

Trade them all those picks I mentioned for 18 + F1.

They can match with the picks we supply for their higher picks.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #633 on: October 03, 2024, 02:55:56 PM »
Dio, unsure how long you've been following the AFL but you absolutely can not go to Brisbane and say we won't bid on him if you trade your picks with us at a discount. Win win.

If this is what you are actually suggesting, as you post in riddles and emojis I'm unsure of what you're opinion actually is.

We bid on Ashcroft at Pick 1, then it's up to Lions to choose the deal of points packaging compared to the other clubs with points to trade. Other clubs will have a package ready for them as we will. It's pick 1 so it's fairly simple to plan for pre draft rather than on the spot when you are unsure where players will be bidded on.

Again, unsure how long you've followed the AFL, but trade week is before the draft. So if we need to we will send steak knife picks to GC to get 2 first rounders, same with Freo. An idiot lost manager would prioritize keeping these late picks for Picks 18 or next year's first pick over getting an better pick in Bolton and Rioli deals.

Happy to hear your opinion if you are mature enough to offer one without emojis and riddles. Yet to read anything of value as yet.
Go Tigers!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #634 on: October 03, 2024, 02:57:47 PM »
Clubs don’t bid on academy or FS players at 1 because they would prefer to blow smoke up the ass of the player that will actually be joining them instead. Getting the label as the no.1 pick in the draft plus all those extras NAB throws their way. That’s the only reason imo and it’s a beyond crappy and weak one too that’s become pretty common lately. If you need to pander to a player with that sort of stuff then they’re not the right pick. Look at how well it worked out for the kangas with JHF…..

Even if you rate the father son or academy player as 2-5, why not just bid with pick 1 anyway, it’s not like their end club is going to match the bid anyway and atleast it makes them pay the max price.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #635 on: October 03, 2024, 03:00:35 PM »
Dio, unsure how long you've been following the AFL but you absolutely can not go to Brisbane and say we won't bid on him if you trade your picks with us at a discount. Win win.

If this is what you are actually suggesting, as you post in riddles and emojis I'm unsure of what you're opinion actually is.

We bid on Ashcroft at Pick 1, then it's up to Lions to choose the deal of points packaging compared to the other clubs with points to trade. Other clubs will have a package ready for them as we will. It's pick 1 so it's fairly simple to plan for pre draft rather than on the spot when you are unsure where players will be bidded on.

Again, unsure how long you've followed the AFL, but trade week is before the draft. So if we need to we will send steak knife picks to GC to get 2 first rounders, same with Freo. An idiot lost manager would prioritize keeping these late picks for Picks 18 or next year's first pick over getting an better pick in Bolton and Rioli deals.

Happy to hear your opinion if you are mature enough to offer one without emojis and riddles. Yet to read anything of value as yet.

I think what he and others are saying is that while it is technically not allowed, it would be naive to think it doesn’t happen. Same thing with clubs negotiating the structuring of free agency contracts to manipulate the compo and ensure clubs don’t match the offer to force trades.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #636 on: October 03, 2024, 03:09:34 PM »
All we'd need to do would be to announce to everyone that our late picks are on the table then the Bears would just look at the draft order and draw their own conclusions without us even needing to say another word... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #637 on: October 03, 2024, 03:18:59 PM »
I'd be telling Brisbane we are bidding with P1 so they need 2400 points to match.

Agree unfortunately 2400 is a lot of draft capital, I don't think Lions will accrue enough if they trade away pick 18. I think they'll need that plus plenty more to get to 2400.

Brisbane have 56 and 69 which is 243 points
When you combine their first pick 985 that gets them 1,228 points.
So they need 1172 points and can't afford to trade pick 18.

Post pick 30 we have
39 - 446 points
41 - 412 points
47 - 316 points
57 - 182 points
66 - 80 points
72 - 19 points

We trade all but pick 72 that's give them enough points. Which likely would be traded for next year's first rounder. And maybe a 2nd or 3rd, aligning the points to be somewhat equivalent in points.

My original thoughts was that we may have to use some of these picks to get the Rioli, Baker and Bolton deals over the line, which is prefer the club to do when we are talking about picks 6, 9, 10, 12 and 13 compared to Brissys pick 1 next year. Be interesting how it pans out.
Go Tigers!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #638 on: October 03, 2024, 03:22:45 PM »

Agree unfortunately 2400 is a lot of draft capital, I don't think Lions will accrue enough if they trade away pick 18. I think they'll need that plus plenty more to get to 2400.

Brisbane have 56 and 69 which is 243 points
When you combine their first pick 985 that gets them 1,228 points.
So they need 1172 points and can't afford to trade pick 18.

Post pick 30 we have
39 - 446 points
41 - 412 points
47 - 316 points
57 - 182 points
66 - 80 points
72 - 19 points

We trade all but pick 72 that's give them enough points. Which likely would be traded for next year's first rounder. And maybe a 2nd or 3rd, aligning the points to be somewhat equivalent in points.

My original thoughts was that we may have to use some of these picks to get the Rioli, Baker and Bolton deals over the line, which is prefer the club to do when we are talking about picks 6, 9, 10, 12 and 13 compared to Brissys pick 1 next year. Be interesting how it pans out.

We don't need the points. We need top picks and they have 18 + F1.

So we should give them the capital with our later picks and take their top selections, then bid on Ashcroft with #1 and force them to use the capital we gave them.

Ruthless but why not?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #639 on: October 03, 2024, 03:23:57 PM »
As I said earlier

29, 39, 40 (compo), 41, 47, 57, 66, 72 in exchange for P18 + their F1 (18 at worst). This gives them a 567 point surplus and will allow them to match even a #1 bid on Ashcroft.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #640 on: October 03, 2024, 06:00:46 PM »
"James Peatling - He is a wanted man. Giants have upped the offer to 4-years. The Giants are hopeful this is done by the best and fairest tonight.

Adelaide, Collingwood, Richmond, St Kilda are all still keen. I don't know where he ends up, but the Giants are hopeful."

- Tom Morris on James Peatling.

https://x.com/traderadio/status/1841315188261429393

@RileyBev reporting that James Peatling wants a trade to Adelaide.

https://x.com/traderadio/status/1841732058118553661

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #641 on: October 03, 2024, 06:58:21 PM »
Can't find anything official but if true though I'd tell GC to go find another first rounder to trade with pick 6 or GFY....  >:(

Adelaide have done very well to get Cummings and Peatling. Very good depth.

I’ll say this about Pick 12 from GC.

They want to trade this into next years draft.

Collingwood have offered Noble and a F1 for Pick 12 and a late pick or pick swap. I think that deal is ideal for GC and the way they are thinking.

We should aim for Pick 6 and Pick 20. Pick 12 is not able to be obtained for us.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-free-agency-part-10.1386996/page-149#post-85624494

- Thomas Sowell

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #642 on: October 03, 2024, 07:45:21 PM »
Can't find anything official but if true though I'd tell GC to go find another first rounder to trade with pick 6 or GFY....  >:(

Adelaide have done very well to get Cummings and Peatling. Very good depth.

I’ll say this about Pick 12 from GC.

They want to trade this into next years draft.

Collingwood have offered Noble and a F1 for Pick 12 and a late pick or pick swap. I think that deal is ideal for GC and the way they are thinking.

We should aim for Pick 6 and Pick 20. Pick 12 is not able to be obtained for us.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-free-agency-part-10.1386996/page-149#post-85624494

Agree Pick 6 and 20 isn't enough. Give Collingwood Pick 20 for Noble. They didn't want him in premiership side, VFL player. They can get in the bin.

Pick 6 and 12 or go and find a way to upgrade Pick 20 to something above Pick 15 at least.
Go Tigers!

Online yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #643 on: October 03, 2024, 09:59:37 PM »
What about GC's future 1st coming into play

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #644 on: October 04, 2024, 01:02:15 AM »
What about GC's future 1st coming into play

Yep think that'll be discussed certainly if pick 12 isn't available. We could use Dimma's ego against him and say you'll be playing finals by then surely so at worst for you you give up pick 10 lol.
Go Tigers!