Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024  (Read 57942 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2024
« Reply #675 on: October 05, 2024, 10:58:56 PM »
I know picks blowout based off f/s and academy but FA compo are the only picks that really effect us. I mean we are not draft Ashcroft, Kako or Lombard. So our first round picks still have relevance to their order. As in we still have Pick 1 it just doesn't include Ashcroft who is never in our calcs. Lombard can go at Pick 8, and our potential Pick 9 goes to 10. We still have the same field to pick from it's just that Lombard went before our pick.

Just need FA round 1 picks to stop thanks.

Perfectly said
Couldn’t agree more

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #676 on: October 05, 2024, 11:36:49 PM »
True its only the FA picks that change the real order of picks

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #677 on: October 05, 2024, 11:43:41 PM »
True its only the FA picks that change the real order of picks

100%

Ashcroft as an example
Changes absolutely nothing

We aren’t getting him .. but he’s going early and pushes everything back

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #678 on: October 06, 2024, 06:53:05 PM »
RICHMOND

Contracted forward-midfielder Shai Bolton remains likely to land at Fremantle, but if the Tigers and Dockers can’t come to terms on the specifics of a deal late in the piece, watch for the West Coast Eagles to potentially make a late play. It is relatively common knowledge that Richmond wants two of the Dockers’ three first-rounders, and while it seems Fremantle is receptive to that, they would probably want to keep one of their earlier two first-round choices (Picks 10 and 11) and instead give up one of their later first-rounder (the latest of the three is currently sitting at No. 18) rather than surrender both of their early ones.

Meantime, it remains a fait accompli that out-of-contract utility Liam Baker becomes a West Coast player, having supported the club as a child. As the Tigers try and work out what they believe is fairest for them, could the Eagles propose a swapping of first-round picks along with Baker? In that instance, the Tigers could boldly try and get Pick 3 in return for Baker and a future first-round pick.

Meanwhile, in all likelihood, Daniel Rioli will be donning Gold Coast colours next year. Pick 6 is expected to be the centrepiece of this deal, while Pick 23 — which was originally No. 20 before three compensatory picks shunted it down the order on Friday — could be the other selection involved in getting this one over the line.

Finally, dual premiership midfielder Jack Graham hasn’t officially indicated a desire to depart Punt Road, but he is widely expected to land at the West Coast Eagles this off-season, having reportedly toured the facilities in recent days. The Tigers would likely receive a second-rounder as compensation.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-2024-every-clubs-trades-state-of-play-before-the-trade-period-preview-targets-who-is-leaving-how-will-deals-get-done-analysis/news-story/6d46bc9e387f6f2683f50ce6accdf36f

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #679 on: October 06, 2024, 07:27:22 PM »
If Freo is being too difficult I'd consider trading with WCE only.

If the Hawks trade 14 for Barrass I'd consider 3 + 14 + 26 for Bolton + Baker, rather than have Freo try to stooge us with just 10 + 18 for Bolton. The lower those picks slide with FA compo the more likely it's going to have to be 10 + 11 and that 16>18>whatever it becomes gets less and less valuable.

Having 1 + 3 + 6 would be great in this draft. FOS, Jagga, Lalor.

14, 23, 24 + 26 also all very useful for some of those KPF or rucks. Armstrong, Faull, Shanahan some of them should be available.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #680 on: October 06, 2024, 09:18:38 PM »
Andyyy
Reckon Bolton for 9,10
Rioli for 6,20 with some swapping of picks back and forth and we should be getting something a little better than 20
West Coast’s pick 3 for Baker and pick 10
Like to jag a top of second round for Graham but unlikely.

Picks 1,3,6,9 or 10, 21,22 (hope) and 29 round out a brilliant top 30.
Hoping we can package up those later picks for something in the teens with goldie.

Would be happy to trade that and perhaps pick 20 for future first rounders with the stronger clubs
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #681 on: October 06, 2024, 09:37:27 PM »
Bailey Smith PSD pick 1?

Nothing would make me happier than screwing over Geelong.

I expect Freo to come to party with Picks 10, 11. Or whatever they end up being. Could easily argue that with Ashcroft these picks will be 11 and 12 and no longer include a top 10 draft pick for Bolton. Freo can't possibly say that they are paying overs for him

Rioli for 6 and 13. 6 and 23 is laughable. Alternatively 6 and a future first. Can't be having Dimma accepting Taranto trade who were out of contract for 2 firsts and not Rioli.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #682 on: October 06, 2024, 09:39:49 PM »
Smith in the PSD would be worth it just for the laughs.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #683 on: October 06, 2024, 10:41:22 PM »
Would anyone do Bolton for 10 + F1?

If we do Rioli for 6 +F1 it would be great to be stacked for 2025 also

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #684 on: October 06, 2024, 11:09:31 PM »
No & no :thumbsdown
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #685 on: October 07, 2024, 12:43:30 AM »
I think Freo with Bolton and cushy draw will fly up the ladder. I don't think 2025 is anywhere near as strong as 2024.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #686 on: October 07, 2024, 01:01:23 AM »
Hard no on Bolton. Freo with Bolton added I expect to be top4.

I’d be ok with the Rioli one although I’m in the minority here where I think pick 6 on its own is a win.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #687 on: October 07, 2024, 02:17:05 PM »
Tis the week for your Craig Camerons, Jason McNartneys to dominate the airwaves for their yearly 5 minutes of attention.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #688 on: October 07, 2024, 02:27:17 PM »
Meanwhile, clubs still have Richmond regarded as the favourite for the first-round pick being auctioned – Brisbane's No.20 choice. The Lions are chasing draft points to match bids on father-son Levi Ashcroft and Academy midfielder Sam Marshall

- Inside Trading, 📰✅

https://x.com/RichmondNews223/status/1842819705977115069

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #689 on: October 07, 2024, 02:48:27 PM »
10 and 18 tell them come back and see us when it's 10 and 11.There talking tough if it's doesn' suit and to much give up and length of contract we walk away lol to much tough talk.

Rioli the same 6 aren't going to cut it.