Author Topic: Harts in alleged Punch Up  (Read 658 times)

Moi

Harts in alleged Punch Up
« on: June 13, 2006, 01:05:33 AM »
No link to The Age but was on Bigfooty

Pssst - Craig Hutchison
The Age
Sunday June 11

Roos and Richmond go clubbing
It was kept quiet from even their own officials, but the nightclub fireworks between the Kangaroos and Richmond was all the talk among the playing groups of both teams before yesterday's game at the MCG.

Psst has learnt of a stoush at the Motel Nightclub two months ago that left players from both teams fuming and Tiger Brent Hartigan nursing a black eye and swollen nose.

Our spies tell us an animated discussion took place between Tiger Kayne Pettifer and Kangaroo Cameron Thurley, who earned a late call-up to the team yesterday. The debate spread to Kangaroo Callum Urch and Hartigan, who clashed verbally over their playing records. A fracas broke out after someone landed a heavy punch on Hartigan, leaving him with a battered face. It is unclear whether one of the Kangaroo players or someone else at the club was the culprit.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248739

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Harts in alleged Punch Up
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 04:09:34 AM »
There's been rumours about this going around but Hutchy isn't the most reliable of sources. IIRC I think it was he who got himself into hot water over claiming in a Ch 7 exclusive that Kosi of St Kilda was involved in something he wasn't.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 05:07:51 AM »
I do beleive the article that is written is near enough to being correct, although you might find the player mentioned was sticking up for one of the senior players who was getting hassled by one of the Kangas player named.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 12:56:17 PM »
I don't rate Hutchy at all. I am going to dread next year his commentating/comments on Ch.7.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do