Author Topic: Club Corner - June 12  (Read 1105 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Club Corner - June 12
« on: June 13, 2006, 03:29:15 AM »
Paul Armstrong

* Browny very good yesterday morning when he turned up to Punt Road - no pain. Treated like everybody else after the game and feeling very good. As he goes along and his form picks up he'll get more game time.

* Krak really trained well on Friday so that's why he came in when they thought he was doubtful Thursday night when selecting the team.

* Clean bill at health out of the North game but a couple of injuries at Coburg. Knobel has a slight ankle injury. They hope he comes up this week but he is in some doubt. Jackson - hammy so miss a couple.

* The boys weren't over the top after the win. A professional job.

* Quicker than we've over the past 18 months. Our structure is also very good. Young guys main reason as they are coming along and learning at this level.

* Skilled session today then main training Wednesday. Friday have light run and a team meeting then a light run in Tassie on Saturday. A bit flat early on against North so the Perth game might have had a effect on that. Won't need the ice vests this week lol.

* Week off - step away from club Wednesday after the Hawks game until the following Monday. Go visit their families. Give everyone a mental break to freshen up.

* Coburg RFC players putting their hand up this week - Schulz who played FF, CHF and in defence. White also played well.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Club Corner - June 12
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 03:31:21 AM »
Kayne Pettifer

* Said if Terry wasn't at Richmond he probably wouldn't be here. All due to working hard. Agreed with Spud on MMM that when he first arrived he thought he had made it just getting on an AFL list.

* Asked about being overwhelming favourites this week - Petts said the Hawthorn game will be tough one as the Hawks play well down at York Park and are a hard side. We just need to match then in the stoppages.

Ryan O'Connor

* Knobel kept us in the game in the first half but we came home well in the second half.

* Schulz was fantastic. Frankston double teamed him which allowed us to free up crumbers. He's been a tower of strength since he's come into the side.

* White was outstanding and his disposal excellent.

* Fantastic turn up by Richmond supporters to the Frankston game. Wallace, Royal and Wright were down there as well. Kruse is right to say we have a huge following along the Frankston line.

* Coburg has the bye this week then 2 away games. Next home game in a month. Next Coburg game against Box Hill is when Richmond has the week off so we may have a few senior RFC players playing at Coburg.

* O'Cooner said he considers Coburg and Richmond to be one big club.

---------------------

Andrew Kruse also spoke to Kellaway and Browny after the game. Browny noticed in his comeback game that the communication out on the ground was very good amongst us. In the past when we were challenged we would have buckled under the pressure but now things are followed to structure and to plan. Plough also said to Browny he needed to win footy as a couple of good players went stiff to go out. He worked alot on his kicking and handling while out which helped him get back into the swing of playing again.

Kruse also spoke to Brodders, Jimmy Jess, Hoggy, Dunne and Daffy after the Legends' game.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 01:01:21 PM »
Ryan O'Connor

* O'Cooner said he considers Coburg and Richmond to be one big club.

Full credit to Ryan, Andy Collins, Tezza and Greg Miller (to name a few) who have worked their backsides off to get this partnership up and going and more importantly working  :thumbsup

It's a very good alignment between the 2 Clubs with our young blokes working well with the Burger young blokes - it's great to see  :clapping

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 01:57:44 PM »
Kayne Pettifer

* Said if Terry wasn't at Richmond he probably wouldn't be here. All due to working hard. Agreed with Spud on MMM that when he first arrived he thought he had made it just getting on an AFL list.
So did that mean that Frawley had to play  him off the bench for nearly the entire time he played under him.  Would get about 5 minutes a game and the rest sitting on the bench.  No wonder he didn't develop, and no wonder we are seeing a change in our playing list so fast this year under Wallace - the boys are getting plenty of ground time.  Tearing my hair out at the kids that weren't given a chance to play under Frawley - were expected to learn footy sitting on a bench watching how the big boys did it  ::)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 03:27:05 PM »
The only proper rotation Frawley ever did was on his potato crop.  :wallywink
TW is instilling a real belief amongst all the players. The better you play, the more gametime you get but he also realises that you need some decent gametime to at least prove yourself.
A bit of finals exposure would just be the icing on the cake.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Browny interview on Club Corner (audio)
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 04:00:09 PM »
Andrew Kuuse was in the Richmond rooms on Saturday afternoon and spoke with Nathan Brown about his return to football. The Tigers star picked up 21 possessions and kicked two goals in the win over the Kangaroos.

http://sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/Sound%20Grabs/NB_130606.asx

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 04:41:20 PM »
So did that mean that Frawley had to play  him off the bench for nearly the entire time he played under him.  Would get about 5 minutes a game and the rest sitting on the bench.  No wonder he didn't develop, and no wonder we are seeing a change in our playing list so fast this year under Wallace - the boys are getting plenty of ground time.  Tearing my hair out at the kids that weren't given a chance to play under Frawley - were expected to learn footy sitting on a bench watching how the big boys did it  ::)

It's called Pine Time and it was one of Danny's favourite rotations :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 05:45:54 PM »

:rollin

Imagine now a AFL coach keeping Tuck at Coburg after 14 straight losses while giving game after game to the likes of Houlihan, Hudson, Biddiscombe, Blumfield, Morrison, Wellar, Fletcher, Fleming and Marsh. You just have to laugh when poor Spud now makes comments about the Tiges.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 06:10:49 PM »

:rollin

Imagine now a AFL coach keeping Tuck at Coburg after 14 straight losses while giving game after game to the likes of Houlihan, Hudson, Biddiscombe, Blumfield, Morrison, Wellar, Fletcher, Fleming and Marsh. You just have to laugh when poor Spud now makes comments about the Tiges.

MT, When you think back on the Frawley days, I always get that recurring feeling like you've just stepped of a bus with a one armed drunken bus driver thats taken you for a trip along the great ocean road.  :lol

"Hey everybody, put your seatbelts on! I want to try something...I saw it in a cartoon once and I'm pretty sure I can do it."  :pray