Author Topic: Yze's post-game presser  (Read 366 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yze's post-game presser
« on: March 25, 2024, 12:23:45 AM »
Yze's post-match presser:

Watch here: https://www.afl.com.au/video/1094365/full-post-match-r2-tigers

--------------------------------------------------

New Richmond coach Adem Yze has endured a tough start to life as a senior coach, dropping his first three games in charge after joining the Tigers at the end of last season, but injuries have played a role, including on Sunday when Maurice Rioli became the sixth change to the side that lost to Carlton last Thursday night.

The 46-year-old said he was proud of the Tigers' effort in the face of adverse circumstances, with the club forced to make five other changes – Dion Prestia (hamstring), Tylar Young (concussion), Josh Gibcus (ACL), Nathan Broad (calf) and Jacob Hopper (knee) after round one. 

Those injury woes meant the Tigers had to be “realistic” that “there could be some failures”, Yze said.

“It’s all happening, but that’s OK,” Yze said. “I spoke to the players about that – we’re going through a little bit at the moment, a bit of adversity.

"Guys getting sore at training, but in the end we've got to go with a no-risk attitude, regardless of win-loss. For guys like 'Broady', if there is any risk in playing them, we just can't, they are too important to us. with Maurice, if you're not 100 per cent, we've got fresh players.

"We're going through a little bit, but in saying that we've come up against two quality sides in Carlton and Port Adelaide and I feel like when we have played our best footy in patches, we can take it up to the best sides. There are elements of our game that we’re really proud of."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1093357/port-needed-to-win-for-boak-hinkley-says

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Yze's post-game presser
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 01:36:19 AM »
No excuses

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 06:43:10 AM »
Our execution was a level below Port. Really disappointing to see

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 07:12:27 AM »
 "Adversity" means kids are getting games

So it's a tick from me  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 08:27:00 AM »
All I'll say is match committee needs to stop rewarding poor form regardless past champions or premiership players. To many letting us down weekly. Forget about finals etc blood the kids and let's see who sinks and swims all about a rebuild.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 09:56:00 AM »
It’s obvious that the club want to still be competitive whilst accepting we probably won’t win many games and will blood the kids. Hence the drip feed of youngens rather than just dropping all of the older players

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 10:29:59 AM »
4. Soft Tigers

Football has opened up because of the stand rule and because coaches and players don’t want to play boring football. The cost is pressure and tackling. Richmond was credited with a meagre 21 tackles at three quarter time and finished with 33 tackles for the match, which is the lowest recorded by any team this year, according to Champion Data. Richmond’s pressure rating across the four quarters on Sunday was 149, 145, 149 and 156. In the third quarter, when Port Adelaide took hold of the game, Port’s pressure rating was 182, and they had 33 more disposals than the Tigers. Overall, Port had +41 uncontested possessions. The Tigers couldn’t defend Port, or didn’t want to defend Port. That pressure rating – 150 – was frightening and the worst by any team this year. There’s no excuse for that. Is it the way football is being played, or is it how Richmond and coach Adem Yze wants to play? The better teams have a balance between attack and defence and clearly Richmond is not among the better teams.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-tackle-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-from-round-2/news-story/05c68210b32fd6d231e5f23835b0fc45

time will tell but i recall comments he made earlier this year where it was all about offence or some crap. Yesterdays game was as bruise free as i have ever seen.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.