Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Saints?  (Read 2913 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for next week against the Saints?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2024, 06:36:10 PM »
Keep saying it bring in Naismith to ruck and play Nankervis fwd. This week it probably will be Lefau, Kosiitschke and a ruckman.

Lol at Ryan he just doesnt compete at the level and is always getting pushed around not just by the big blokes either. Starting to remind me of the Eltons and McBeans of this world that we have.

Atm something like this.

Out Baker suspended, Lynch inj, Balta inj, McIntosh omit, Shortsteps omitted.
IN    Martin ; McAuliffe, Kosi, Naismith, Smith.

Vlastuin - Young - Broad
Brown - Miller - Smith

Rioli - Martin  - Pickett
Naismith - Taranto - Bolton

Campbell - Koschitzke - Sonsie
Mansell - Lefau - Nankervis

McAuliffe - Ross - Dow - Rioli.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2024, 06:54:51 PM »
Bauer has a hammy, out for 4-6 weeks.

Since when ?

It’s personal and the club were respecting his wishes to keep it private

The injury is real and the personal issue is real. Give him the time he needs to get right.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2024, 07:15:02 PM »
I don’t think anyone’s suggesting either issue aren’t real, we are saying where is the stuffing communication ?!

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2024, 07:33:27 PM »
7news tonight said Koschitzke and Ryan are expected to come in for the injured Lynch and Balta.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2024, 07:41:12 PM »
I don’t think anyone’s suggesting either issue aren’t real, we are saying where is the stuffing communication ?!

He was coming back from injury but sustained the hammy last week after showing signs of overcoming the original hammy. Not great Comms by the club for sure. It’s complicated when personal and injury merge. 

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2024, 07:47:04 PM »
I get that but if he isn’t available coz of conditioning then he should be on the injury report imo. Also second hammy within 9 odd months

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2024, 10:42:56 PM »
HOW RICHMOND MIGHT LOOK TO REPLACE LYNCH AND BALTA

By Andrew Slevison
SEN
3 April 2024

Nick Vlastuin posed the possibility of playing a second ruckman in Sam Naismith so captain Toby Nankervis can be used deep inside forward 50.

“I don’t think Lynch and Balta are replaceable,” Vlastuin said on SEN Breakfast.

“‘Kozi’ (Koschitzke) will come in and do his best, I assume. Then the other spot, I’m not too sure, they might bring Sam Naismith back in and maybe Toby spends a bit of time up forward.

“Both of them (Lynch and Balta) are going to spend a fair bit of time on the sidelines. The other people will get a fair go at it, it will be interesting to see what happens.”

The 206cm Samson Ryan could be used in a similar role to the one floated by Vlastuin after he kicked three goals in the VFL last weekend.

However, after assessing Richmond’s win over the Swans, which was filled with maniacal pressure particularly in the forward half, playing a big man deep for long periods might be detrimental to their game style.

Devoid of two marking powerhouses in Lynch and Balta, Richmond could also turn to Marlion Pickett who at times played a thankless role supporting Riewoldt last season despite standing at just 184cm.

Pickett has been vital on a wing so far this year so that would be a fairly significant shift if Yze were to make it.

The entire situation may just mean the small-to-mid forward group consisting of Shai Bolton, Liam Baker (when he returns from suspension), Seth Campbell, Maurice Rioli, Rhyan Mansell, Tyler Sonsie and co. becomes even more important.

The style of getting the ball forward at any cost, made famous in the Damien Hardwick era, could potentially be revisited in order to service the ground level players rather than sending in long balls to Lynch.

Dustin Martin could perhaps play out of the goal square, but his best work is done at ground level rather than in the air. So ball movement would have to be more precise and a long, get-out kick to a tall target down the line might not be as viable an option.

Other medium-to-tall options include Jacob Bauer, who remains sidelined by a hamstring injury, and Liam Fawcett, who has a long-term back issue.

For this Sunday’s Gather Round clash with St Kilda, it should be Koschitzke given first crack at filling one of the voids with Lefau offered another chance. Joining them as a hybrid leading/ground level option should be Martin (if fully fit), while Ryan may play deepest and also relieve Nankervis.

Judson Clarke or even debutant Kane McAuliffe could come in to replace Baker - provided Jack Graham is not yet ready - to provide some class and grunt respectively.

Another option would be to send Ben Miller to the other end and bring former captain Dylan Grimes back to defence after a wrist injury. That may further disrupt the backline though.

Whichever way Yze goes, it certainly will be a new-look Tigers attack which may be best served playing to some dirty inside 50 ball and getting involved in a high-pressure forward-half brand, rather than kick and clunk.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/03/how-richmond-might-look-to-replace-lynch-and-balta/

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2024, 11:04:27 PM »
Dustin Martin trained fully today and @Richmond_FC expects him to play on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/tommorris32/status/1775447407167488083

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2024, 07:38:17 AM »
Outs: Lynch, Balta, Baker
Ins: Kosi, Ryan, Dusty

Would like to get McCauliffe in but they would have to drop Dow which for some reason they are against doing

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2024, 09:33:19 AM »

I wouldn't be playing Naismith to move Nankervis to the forward line personally. Naismith needs to be the primary ruck backup and Nankervis isn't a forward's a-hole. If anything I suspect Naismith would be better going forward, but ultimately we need to try Ryan and make a decision on his future so he gets the nod for me.

Out: Lynch, Balta, Baker, Banks

In: Kosi, Ryan, Dusty, McAuliffe

Would like to get McCauliffe in but they would have to drop Dow which for some reason they are against doing

Drop Banks instead IMO. Haven't written him off but he just looks way off the pace at the moment to me.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2024, 12:49:16 PM »
Agree on all front Andyy

Kosi and Ryan should come in.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2024, 12:53:59 PM »

I wouldn't be playing Naismith to move Nankervis to the forward line personally. Naismith needs to be the primary ruck backup and Nankervis isn't a forward's a-hole. If anything I suspect Naismith would be better going forward, but ultimately we need to try Ryan and make a decision on his future so he gets the nod for me.

Drop Banks instead IMO. Haven't written him off but he just looks way off the pace at the moment to me.

McCauliffe and banks aren’t like for like though, so you’d be shuffling other pieces around. Maybe Ross to the wing or wherever banks has been but I’ve liked Ross in the middle. Banks has been pretty poor though.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2024, 01:06:03 PM »

McCauliffe and banks aren’t like for like though, so you’d be shuffling other pieces around. Maybe Ross to the wing or wherever banks has been but I’ve liked Ross in the middle. Banks has been pretty poor though.

Well he played a full game vs GCS but we got so fisted in the ass it largely went unnoticed where he was playing to me.

Subbed out vs Port in Q3 having virtually no impact.

Subbed on vs Swans in Q4 and had a handful of touches at 80% DE.

Not writing him off, just think we should play a guy like McAuliffe who is kicking the door down. Dusty will be playing forward you'd think given our dearth of useful key forwards.

Banks can be the sub again maybe.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2024, 03:56:32 PM »
Can't take the opinions of anyone who expects a ruckman to be of AFL standard at the age of 23 seriously....the Maddens & NicNats of the world are the exceptions not the rule... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2024, 04:10:39 PM »
Can't take the opinions of anyone who expects a ruckman to be of AFL standard at the age of 23 seriously....the Maddens & NicNats of the world are the exceptions not the rule... :shh
No but at the very least you would expect them to at least compete and not get shoved around like a girl when at the level.
You would at the least expect them to make at worst some sort of decent contribution when at the level.
 You would expect some sort of progressive improvement each year to be shown at the level it has not happened.

Can't take the opinion of people seriously who cannot see these things.

At least we know we will get at least a contest if we played Naismith instead of both Kosi and Ryan.
If people think Ryan is a future key forward then more fool them. How about he actually performs as one first before you call him the next big thing.