Author Topic: Silvertop taxis  (Read 777 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Silvertop taxis
« on: June 13, 2006, 07:06:26 PM »
Does anyone know if the fridge magnets given out with the Record on the weekend were only at the Richmond game and was it part of our sponsorship?

I can imagine bombing out first round in the NAB Cup 2 years running wasn't the best thing to happen for their exposure/sponsorship.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Silvertop taxis
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »
Does anyone know if the fridge magnets given out with the Record on the weekend were only at the Richmond game and was it part of our sponsorship?

I can imagine bombing out first round in the NAB Cup 2 years running wasn't the best thing to happen for their exposure/sponsorship.

I read the club news part of the record it said that Silvertop Taxis were our match day sponsors for round 11. So I reckon it was definitely a sponsorship promotion :thumbsup

Not sure about whether the fridge magnet was on all records or just the Tiger -v- North game the though
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 07:27:11 PM »
A taxi went around the ground before the game with the Richmond mascot hanging out of the back window. (No expense spared on pre-game entertainment  ;D)
It was a "combined" taxi, looked like what used to be a "yellow cab".  ??? Is there still such a thing as a "silvertop taxi"?
That's a sincere question. I don't use taxi's while I'm being an MCC silvertail.  ;) :) (which won't be much longer, the pack of out of touch stuffed shirts)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 10:10:04 PM »
Thanks WP and FF :cheers

A taxi went around the ground before the game with the Richmond mascot hanging out of the back window. (No expense spared on pre-game entertainment  ;D)

:rollin

Supporters were yelling out "On ya Tiggy". Dyer Tiger Stripes or whatever his proper name is is too hard for fans to remember lol. The kiddies love him though which is the main thing.

It was a "combined" taxi, looked like what used to be a "yellow cab".  ??? Is there still such a thing as a "silvertop taxi"?
That's a sincere question. I don't use taxi's while I'm being an MCC silvertail.  ;) :) (which won't be much longer, the pack of out of touch stuffed shirts)

A silvertop taxi use to be a black taxi with a silver roof. Jeff made all of them change to yellow like in NY. I don't use cabs but I think there's two companies now - silvertop and black cabs - but they're both yellow  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 10:15:53 PM »
I think Tiggy did a runner when he got out. The meter must have been running.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott