Author Topic: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Norwood Oval --- Round 4, 2024  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Norwood Oval --- Round 4, 2024
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2024, 06:25:27 PM »
I fully expected -like a typical Lyon coached side that Saints weren't gonna just roll over and would fight back at some point , so the third quarter wasn't a surprise at all....it was the utter stupidity and lack of composure in the last that did my head in ...like you're only a kick and half behind and you just leave oppo players free and allow uncontested mark after uncontested mark - fe did we at any point consider that we might need to put a bloke on Wilkie - let alone the blokes he just kicked it down the line to all day under no pressure?  :banghead
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2024, 06:32:44 PM »
These games are almost like a self fulfilling prophecy in that you can see the results coming a mile away yet there's no way of stopping it. 
You could see we were going to get rolled late in the 2nd. 

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2024, 06:34:18 PM »
Considering our injury list the performance today was pleasing. Some critical errors at stages but overall not bad. Not sure Kosi should play next week as he doesn't play like a key forward at all. The looked ok as a ruck but gives nothing forward.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2024, 06:35:47 PM »
Considering our injury list the performance today was pleasing. Some critical errors at stages but overall not bad. Not sure Kosi should play next week as he doesn't play like a key forward at all. The looked ok as a ruck but gives nothing forward.

Not sure Ryan is any better at all. Which makes Lynch’s retirement in a year or two really scary

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2024, 06:36:57 PM »
I agree with a few posters observations that kosi looked better in the ruck than down forward. With that being the case, we may as well play Ryan or Naismith instead of him.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2024, 06:37:33 PM »
Happy with effort. Maurice again was impressive as was Floss and Bolton .Kicking into forwardline really disappointing  in last quarter. Kosi was completely uncompetitive in last quarter.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2024, 06:38:54 PM »
Ryan's a better key forward than Kosi - and Ryan's not a key forward.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2024, 06:54:07 PM »
What happens when hopper, grimes, Prestia come back ? Are we really gonna play them so we can finish 10th on the ladder and miss a good draft pick?

Serious questions gojng to be asked at the end of this year. There’s no reason we can trade hopper, like hawks did with im ears and Mitchel. They loaded up for another crack and it failed, they copped it and traded them. Last trade our mistakes before they lose all their currency.

Graham, hopper, Prestia if anyone will take him, broad, hell even baker if he wants to go.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2024, 06:56:43 PM »
What happens when hopper, grimes, Prestia come back ? Are we really gonna play them so we can finish 10th on the ladder and miss a good draft pick?

Serious questions gojng to be asked at the end of this year. There’s no reason we can trade hopper, like hawks did with im ears and Mitchel. They loaded up for another crack and it failed, they copped it and traded them. Last trade our mistakes before they lose all their currency.

Graham, hopper, Prestia if anyone will take him, broad, hell even baker if he wants to go.

I'd retire Prestia now.

Grimes only play to mentor Brown etc.

Hopper I would play if 100% fit.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2024, 07:14:13 PM »
Thought Ross deserves credit for the way he played.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2024, 07:31:38 PM »
Thought Ross deserves credit for the way he played.

Agree , plenty worse than him

He’s definitely going better than the other Jack

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2024, 08:02:05 PM »
Absolutely filthy we gave that game up. But even more filthy with SHORT . HE HAS BECOME ABSOLUTELY USELESS

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2024, 07:30:07 AM »

Spot on play him Kosi lacks intensity and involvement.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2024, 07:32:57 AM »
Absolutely filthy we gave that game up. But even more filthy with SHORT . HE HAS BECOME ABSOLUTELY USELESS

Short escapes scrutiny his been a liability and I maintain trade him.Macca and Pickett the same turn over kings. I don't mind the kids making a mistake,  but not senior players unforgiving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2024, 09:18:14 AM »

Spot on play him Kosi lacks intensity and involvement.

Not sure Samson shows the great intensity and involvement that a KPF needs. His 2nd efforts or lack of them is a huge concern

Anyways....

Despite my disappointment at another loss I think what the last few weeks has shown is that we have some genuine talent coming through. And some of the Cubs are maturing with the exposure they are getting. An advantage due to the injuries (if that makes sense)

Campbell, Brown, Sonsie, Miller (he's been v-good the last 2 weeks), Banks and now McAuliffe. Throw in Balta, Ross, MRJ, Young, Bauer and the cupboard isn't as bare as the naysayers go on about

Now I'm not for a minute saying there aren't gaps that need to be addressed but there are a lot or positives and I reckon it's important we don't lose sight of those
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)