Author Topic: Midseason draft  (Read 6264 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Midseason draft
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2024, 12:52:48 PM »
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/21/the-talented-tasmanian-firming-as-the-no-1-pick-in-the-mid-season-draft/

:shh

Is he a defender or what?

Says he's a 184cm defender. If so, no thanks.

But also kicks goals? If he can play forward, sure.

But let's not forget these are 2nd tier leagues therefore they are fat and unfit, right?  ::)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2024, 12:53:53 PM »
Been playing forward/mid this year apparently.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2024, 12:54:17 PM »

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-booming-kick-set-to-be-top-pick-in-the-mid-season-draft-20240520-p5jeyu.html

The Tigers are considered a strong chance to pick in-form Peel Thunder key defender Blight, in part because Josh Gibcus (knee) is out for the season and Dylan Grimes may retire at season’s end.

https://central.rookieme.com/afl/2024/05/21/state-game-player-focus-jacob-blight-wa/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zjwY7siChc

:shh

Well, it's a need at least.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2024, 01:00:08 AM »
How many clubs have a pick? Why doesn't my club have one?

Clubs must have a vacant list spot in order to take part and currently, only Geelong, Greater Western Sydney and Sydney are without potential vacant spots.

List vacancies can occur through a retirement or if a player suffers a long-term injury and is moved to the inactive list.

Brisbane (potentially four picks), and Richmond and Adelaide (three) are the clubs with the most vacant positions, while Carlton, Collingwood, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs all have two.

Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Melbourne, St Kilda and West Coast all have one open spot.

Clubs have until Tuesday to open a vacancy on their list.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1135557/ultimate-guide-to-the-2024-afl-mid-season-rookie-draft

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2024, 01:00:59 AM »
Twomey also suggested that another first-round draftee, ex-Richmond midfielder Riley Collier-Dawkins, is being watched by Carlton.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/22/the-former-afl-listed-players-in-the-mid-season-draft-mix/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2024, 01:56:21 PM »
If he comes good at the Scumbaggers...... :banghead...be nice he'd been given the same run in the seniors Dow's currently being gifted.... >:(
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2024, 02:04:04 PM »
We need a ruck and a key forward.

If they pick up a 180-185cm HBF I'm going down to PRO with a bag of chicken poo - who's with me!?!?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2024, 02:31:36 PM »
Depends if they're thinking long term or short term....if they just want injury coverage for this year (which IMO should be the priority at this point) then it'll be needs, if they're trying to get a player they think will be AFL quality and has a chance at a decent career they'll go best available talent....though with three picks now I'd say we can do both, assuming we use them all (you'd think they would given the state of things)... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2024, 06:13:03 PM »

If they pick up a 180-185cm HBF I'm going down to PRO with a bag of chicken poo - who's with me!?!?
If they are the quickest player in the afl with footy nous yes, otherwise we will just draft the same plodders we have been signing

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2024, 06:46:24 PM »

We took bradtke in the mid season draft and he never played a game and was delisted. Just take the best available talent. We’ve got holes everywhere in our side at the moment, any position we draft will come in handy. Although yes, I’d also hope it doesn’t end up being a half back flanker lol.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2024, 08:23:38 PM »
Bradtke was taken in the pre-seaon. We took Trezise in the mid season last year

Was thinking about Bradtke this week actually. Is things had worked out better we could use him  about now

:eyebrow :yep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2024, 08:27:13 PM »

Was thinking about Bradtke this week actually. Is things had worked out better we could use him  about now

Why? Does Punt Road need a new groundsman or something?  :huh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2024, 08:35:00 PM »

Why? Does Punt Road need a new groundsman or something?  :huh

KP forward, we are struggling in that area at the moment don't you think

Not disputing he stuffed up his opportunity but as I said if things had worked out...  :whistle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2024, 10:02:36 PM »
Does anybody really want think anyone we take mid season is going to have a major impact.  Would have to be quite rare.
Any players we take are probably going to last a short period of time on the list

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2024, 02:52:30 PM »
Does anybody really want think anyone we take mid season is going to have a major impact.  Would have to be quite rare.
Any players we take are probably going to last a short period of time on the list

Don't think anyone will save our season but we need to look at our structure at both AFL and VFL level.