Author Topic: Who gets Hodge and Mitchell?  (Read 2763 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Who gets Hodge and Mitchell?
« on: June 13, 2006, 11:04:05 PM »
As long as Simmo and Staff  ;) take care of Everitt, we should just need to contain Hodge and Mitchell to win comfortably (provided we're switched on as a team of course). Port completely took Mitchell out of the game as they smashed the Hawks in the midfield.

So who do you guys think will get the jobs on Hodge and Mitchell?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Who gets Hodge and Mitchell?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:30:07 PM »
I would chuck Raines on Hodge - Will be able to run with him all day, a break even contest would be fine.
Maybe Polo on Mitchell even though I would like to see him line up on Franklin - I reckon that would really pee Franklin off and stuff with his mind and he would have no impact whatsoever. else Johnson on Mitchell, just wear him close all day and make sure he cant get his dish offs.

Everitt went off with some type of injury last week didn't he, haven't heard much about that one ? Be handy if he was not 100 %.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 02:13:11 AM »
Everitt went off with some type of injury last week didn't he, haven't heard much about that one ? Be handy if he was not 100 %.

From http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/afl.php: Peter Everitt (ankle sprain) - Left the field with an ankle injury. May miss at worst 1-2 weeks. Expected return - Rnd 12. The Australian has him listed as "test".

No Crawford, Vandenberg or Guerra puts more pressure on Hodge and Mitchell.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 06:16:50 AM »
hodge will most likely play in defence, so its more like who will hodge be accountable 4. this is an opportunity to expose him

polo i reckon will get buddy and give him nightmares again

maybe foley and sugar can have rotating tagging roles pn mitchell. i reckon foley can beat mitchell in the hard ball gets and tackle him hard every time that pretty boy goes near the ball.

just food 4 thought, maybe it would be an idea to play bling in attack on hodge and when hodge runs off to be a link player , bling can run with him, be another midfielder 4 us then beat hodge back and expose him with his pace.  petts another option , but they wont play hodge on petts , they will attempt to use a close checking tagger on petts , brown the most likely choice for them, brown is faster than he seems but petts can expose him in that area and his fitness

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 11:32:37 AM »
I thought Hodge and Hyde would be a good match up. If hodge plays down back and Hyde Pushes to HFF this could be a possibility. Not sure who would get Mitchell. Maybe Tuck, Foley or Polo for mine.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 12:51:48 PM »
If by chance Buddy Franklin keeps his spot this week you have to play Polo on him  :thumbsup ;D

I reckon Johnson will take Mitchell, this keeps with the clubs recent policy of Suga taking the opposition best mid-fielder
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 01:19:03 PM »
If by chance Buddy Franklin keeps his spot this week you have to play Polo on him  :thumbsup ;D

I reckon Johnson will take Mitchell, this keeps with the clubs recent policy of Suga taking the opposition best mid-fielder

sugar is an option, would be an obv choice if fit, but im not sure he has the leg speed and stamina to stay with him all day as i said b4
maybe foley and sugar can have rotating tagging roles pn mitchell. i reckon foley can beat mitchell in the hard ball gets and tackle him hard every time that pretty boy goes near the ball.
i think thats the best option

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 02:52:50 PM »
Cogs to get Mitchell - no doubt about it.

Meyer & Petts & Tambling to rotationally stand Hodge and see if Hodge becomes accountable.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 06:57:25 PM »
If Crawf and Vandenberg were playing then I would agree with Darth and let Cogs go head to head with Mitchell. But with them missing we only need to shut Hodge and Mitchell down to get on top in the midfield. So agree with others and let Johnson and Hyde rotate and tag Mitchell. I wouldn't mind seeing Lids on Hodge. Polo could also do the job on either but to watch Marco spank Buddy twice in the space of 2 months will be priceless tv.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 07:36:25 AM »
No Everitt.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 12:14:26 PM »
Newman has been getting all the tagging jobs on the main players so he would get either Hodge or Mitchell

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 06:45:27 PM »
Newman has been getting all the tagging jobs on the main players so he would get either Hodge or Mitchell

It's good seeing Newy pushed more into the midfield. All thanks to Moi's boy holding down a back-pocket and freeing Newy up.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Sam Mitchell out?
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 04:12:35 PM »
From HHQ and SEN:

A bloke on SEN just rang in to say that Mitchell had broken down at training with what looked like a hamstring injury. He knew Daniel Harford who was on the show, so it sounded like it was fair dinkum.

http://www.hawkheadquarters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22725

letsgetiton!

Re: Sam Mitchell out?
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 05:39:26 PM »
From HHQ and SEN:

A bloke on SEN just rang in to say that Mitchell had broken down at training with what looked like a hamstring injury. He knew Daniel Harford who was on the show, so it sounded like it was fair dinkum.

there does part of this thread then, no one will be tagging him

say if he does play, have to make him run like theres no tomorrow to stress his hammy even more

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Sam Mitchell out?
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 06:52:07 PM »
From HHQ and SEN:

there does part of this thread then, no one will be tagging him

say if he does play, have to make him run like theres no tomorrow to stress his hammy even more

A post on the Hawthorn board of BF says Mitchell got through training and was last to come off. So who knows?!