Author Topic: Richmond vs Essendon - Dreamtime at the 'G - Round 11, 2024  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Essendon - Dreamtime at the 'G - Round 11, 2024
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2024, 10:16:29 PM »
Combo is a tough one. It’s just his disposal letting him
Down at this point. Much like Castagna I suppose.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2024, 10:17:31 PM »
Hugo goal  :gotigers

Rich  10.14-74
Ess   12.14-86
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2024, 10:18:43 PM »
We failed to take our chances when we had the ball in our forward half and now the Bombers are taking theirs. Bolton going off and having to keep Cumberland on has been costly.

What a load of rubbish
Who are you to say they were subbing Cumberland off regardless? Do you have a direct line to Yze?

You think one kick Ryan might have been subbed off?

Not to mention the Kiwi has had about one touch in the second half

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2024, 10:24:03 PM »
No point in bickering folks. No one thought we would win. We put up a pretty good effort if you ask me. Have a look at the team. Positives all over the ground tonight. I will say brown has been under performing imo.. not sure about his role just yet. But these games will do him some good. McAuliffe is getting better too.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2024, 10:24:10 PM »
Combo is a tough one. It’s just his disposal letting him
Down at this point. Much like Castagna I suppose.
General decision making and fumbles too. Jus sapped of all confidence

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2024, 10:25:14 PM »
We failed to take our chances when we had the ball in our forward half and now the Bombers are taking theirs. Bolton going off and having to keep Cumberland on has been costly.

What a load of rubbish
Who are you to say they were subbing Cumberland off regardless? Do you have a direct line to Yze?

Damo Cumberland is absolutely rubbish. Playing one down with him in the team. A shocking kick and panics all the time. Momentum killer.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2024, 10:26:01 PM »
Great to see Balta in defence.  We looked much better tonight

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2024, 10:28:51 PM »

What a load of rubbish

Our forward line is crap, but we were not taking off the few 'talls' we still have fit due to structure. Cumberland was spudding it up every time he went near the ball tonight across 4 quarters while his opponent Ridley had 31 disposals plus 14 intercepts and was BOG tonight.   

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2024, 10:30:41 PM »

What a load of rubbish

Our forward line is crap, but we were not taking off the few 'talls' we still have fit due to structure. Cumberland was spudding it up every time he went near the ball tonight across 4 quarters while his opponent Ridley had 31 disposals plus 14 intercepts and was BOG tonight.

Cumbo was poor tonight, but I’m not pinning Ridleys game on him. Direct opponent or not, that’s a matchup that should have never happened.

Online Wazza

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2024, 10:31:35 PM »
Effort showed tonight.
Yze on bench is a good thing. Needed to be down there a month ago.
Balta in defense is way over due (yes I know he was injured) but it's no surprise we weren't smacked by 100 when he is there.
Dow and short killed us tonight. Can't believe their turn overs.
And I've always loved sonsie but can someone tell me has he always been soft or is he out of position or what? Though he way better in his debut year.
Anyways better game to watch than last week and still chasing first round pick 😎

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2024, 10:37:19 PM »
Final Score

Richmond   3.3    6.7     9.10    10.14-74
Essendon   3.3    7.7    10.12    12.14-86

Goals: Martin 3, Lefau 2, Bolton 2, McIntosh, Pickett, Ralphsmith

Tried hard and at least made a game of it tonight but we're too crap to win especially with our long injury list. Defence held up (barring some brainfades from our kick-ins) and our midfield won the clearances by +10 (you should win with that number). However, we have no proper key forwards and our small forwards are continually in no man's land, so our F50 entries and the connection between the mids and forwards sucks. We left so many goals on the table tonight (hello pathetic goalkicking!). Anyway, bring on the draft.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2024, 10:39:07 PM »
Effort showed tonight.
Yze on bench is a good thing. Needed to be down there a month ago.
Balta in defense is way over due (yes I know he was injured) but it's no surprise we weren't smacked by 100 when he is there.
Dow and short killed us tonight. Can't believe their turn overs.
And I've always loved sonsie but can someone tell me has he always been soft or is he out of position or what? Though he way better in his debut year.
Anyways better game to watch than last week and still chasing first round pick 😎

Agree re: Balta. Has to stay there unconditionally. We have no choice but to play Kosi forward because Lefau being the only key forward is laughable and about as bad as playing Jack on his own last year.

I've seen enough of Dow to play any other fit player.

Short should be traded.

Sonsie playing on some HFF role which stinks, should be taking Dow's spot in the middle where he dominates in the VFL.

At least they had a dip but Dons were just too good for quality and structure. Looked out-coached and out-classed most of the night IMO.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2024, 10:46:00 PM »
Only positives tonight. The negatives are all in our injury list.
We now know Sampson isn’t ever going to make it but I would grant Cumberland a mulligan as I can see a role for him in the forward line.
Hugo was ….. pretty good and worth persisting with. Mids did well at clearance and backs were strong after Broady forgot he had Stringer for an opponent in that first qtr.

We struggled to move the ball cleanly between the 50 metre arcs.  8 goals conceded from turnovers is basically the game.

That changes when our outs are back - which we don’t want. We want a top 3 pick. Bigger picture stuff.

McAuliffe looks real as a prospect. Miller can hold his own down back.  Loved Shai and Dusty’s energy tonight. Meatie industrious.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2024, 10:47:45 PM »
Much improved effort , imagine if the Dons weren’t gifted goals by the umps tonight.
Unleash the tornado

Online Wazza

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2024, 11:07:13 PM »
Much improved effort , imagine if the Dons weren’t gifted goals by the umps tonight.

I totally agree with this, but didn't want to rag on umps again  :shh