Author Topic: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs @ MCG --- Round 9, 2024  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Western Bulldogs @ MCG --- Round 9, 2024
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2024, 09:42:50 AM »
Agree Sim. Some of these calling for changes were wetting themselves over Hopper. As a reault they now want to get rid of everyone and be like North.

Due to Meehan's incompetence Dusty like Jack last year is one of our leading men, when in reality they shouldn't have been.

Grines, Macca Baker, Graham see you later, and the rest kick on. We need to make some FA plays here as the blues did with Newman, acres etc to offset the experience till the kids are ready.

We also may end up with no return on the gibcus investment. That was the draft hand we needed to nail and at this stage , with the exception of brown has been  a massive flop.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2024, 10:48:38 AM »
Agree Sim. Some of these calling for changes were wetting themselves over Hopper. As a reault they now want to get rid of everyone and be like North.

I wish we were like North, in terms of rebuild they are years ahead of us, good young mids and one of the best KPF's going around + Scheezel

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2024, 12:19:19 PM »

Due to Meehan's incompetence Dusty like Jack last year is one of our leading men, when in reality they shouldn't have been.

Grines, Macca Baker, Graham see you later, and the rest kick on. We need to make some FA plays here as the blues did with Newman, acres etc to offset the experience till the kids are ready.

We also may end up with no return on the gibcus investment. That was the draft hand we needed to nail and at this stage , with the exception of brown has been  a massive flop.

Yeah I'm worried Gibcus will never work out so far, which is a massive shame. Time will tell.

Brown a tick IMO.

Sonsie hard to say but I think he might make it.

No confidence in either Banks or Clarke.

So 5x top30 picks and it looks like we might get 1 player, possible 2, 3 max.

Shame we didn't trade up more with 28-30 and just take JVR. I'd have been happy with Gibcus, Brown and JVR...

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2024, 02:24:31 PM »

I wish we were like North, in terms of rebuild they are years ahead of us, good young mids and one of the best KPF's going around + Scheezel

I don't even terms of rebuild you can't have the cake and eat it all to. We're paying for our success to. There hand out club that keeps crying poor on and off field.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2024, 02:37:22 PM »

You got Gibcus now with a knee and Clarke to with a knee Brown doing well and Banks is improving that's no flop bit of bad luck.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2024, 03:55:31 PM »

You got Gibcus now with a knee and Clarke to with a knee Brown doing well and Banks is improving that's no flop bit of bad luck.

I didn't say it was or wasnt bad luck, i said the draft is a flop at this stage and i am right.

You can dress it up add some nice sauce to it and word it out how you like.  Clarke second reco in 4 years. Gibcus 2 full years out of the game. Is he injury prone? Time will tell but one thing is for sure we need him to be elite, or we may as well forget about that draft.

Brown is the only one at this stage that looks like a potential a grade. I have hopes for TS and Banks being good foot soldiers, although i feel the former has more upside.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2024, 08:12:17 PM »

North have finished 15th, 9th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 18th and 17th in the 7 years since they last played finals with another bottom 2 finish beckoning this season. If your wondering why they have elite young talent and we have a lack there of, compare our finishing position over that same period.

Safe to say the phrase ‘I wish we were like north’ should never be spoken lol

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2024, 08:18:28 PM »
Unless you look forward to draft night?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2024, 08:31:06 PM »
Unless you want elite young talent in your side

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2024, 10:11:47 PM »
Unless you want elite young talent in your side

People want elite young talent in their team so that they can contend not continue to suck.

Can garauntee you that if we go the next 5 years getting picks 1s and 2s + priority hand outs and we start 0-8, this place would be having a meltdown.

In any case, your saying north is years ahead of us, well they bloody well should be.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2024, 10:25:54 PM »
For the umpteenth stuffing time -You.Can't.Win.Flags.Without.A.Core.Of.High.Picks.And.We.Only.Have.Two.Or.Three.More.Drafts.To.Acquire.High.Picks.Before. Tassie.Gets.Them.All....Jaysus stuffing Kryst..... :facepalm ::)
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2024, 11:50:22 PM »
If I offered 3 premierships or 3 #1 draft picks, would anybody take the draft picks?     :-\
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2024, 12:03:42 AM »
If I offered 3 premierships or 3 #1 draft picks, would anybody take the draft picks?     :-\

cotch pick 2, dusty pick 3.

no flags without those 2 and that is a fact.

we need at the least 2/3 A grade talent that comes from those first few picks.

i personally dont think you need any more than 2 years near the bottom. Cats, swans to name 2 had how many top end picks? SFA if i recall. Even pies take out daicos and who else de goey?

pendlebury is nearly 40.

give us 3 top 10 picks in this draft and we are sorted. :cheers

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2024, 12:18:59 AM »

I’ll take the flags thanks

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2024, 11:58:59 AM »
I'd rather win a flag than a draft pick, but in reality you take the draft picks first & then you go for the cups.     :gotigers
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!