Author Topic: Richmond vs Brisbane @ the Gabba --- Round 10, 2024  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Richmond vs Brisbane @ the Gabba --- Round 10, 2024
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2024, 10:15:12 PM »
This loss will be in the top 10 worse losses of all time for us.  :help
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2024, 10:17:46 PM »
Club's well & truly lost the plot if it gives Nank another two years.... :help
Structure wise, it makes no sense why Samson isn't getting a game.
Yze
Or
Tanking
Which is it
We had a bottom 6 list coming into the season. With all our injuries it's now a bottom side that's below AFL standard vying for pick 1 with Norf. No other coach would make any difference.

Agreed. So what do people expect ?

Losses but at least having a dip.

I might be the minority but I feel they did have a dip, they’re just so bad and inexperienced that it doesn’t matter. Also clearly a lack of leadership. Can’t judge yze as he’s had one pre season and barely any of the players he hoped he would have due to injury. Expect a lot of changes this off season

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2024, 10:19:03 PM »
Final Score

Richmond   0.5      2.6      4.6      6.8-44
Brisbane     7.4    13.5    21.6    26.7-163

Goals: Cumberland 2, Balta, Lefau, Mansell, Coulthard.

Bring on the draft in November.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2024, 10:19:43 PM »
Yze
Or
Tanking
Which is it
We had a bottom 6 list coming into the season. With all our injuries it's now a bottom side that's below AFL standard vying for pick 1 with Norf. No other coach would make any difference.

I might be the minority but I feel they did have a dip, they’re just so bad and inexperienced that it doesn’t matter. Also clearly a lack of leadership. Can’t judge yze as he’s had one pre season and barely any of the players he hoped he would have due to injury. Expect a lot of changes this off season
Tend to agree

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2024, 10:22:51 PM »
Yze
Or
Tanking
Which is it

Agree. Half our list is injured. So, we have effectively a VFL side out there playing barring half-a-dozen older players. 12 players with less than 50 games experience tonight. Right now we can't put a side on the park that is competitive at AFL level.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2024, 10:26:22 PM »
Completely useless.  We are an embarrassment

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2024, 10:28:52 PM »
Yze
Or
Tanking
Which is it

Agree. Half our list is injured. So, we have effectively a VFL side out there playing barring half-a-dozen older players. 12 players with less than 50 games experience tonight. Right now we can't put a side on the park that is competitive at AFL level.

There was  also 11 premiership players out there.....including 4 that aren't even 30 yet and should be at the peak of their powers..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2024, 10:31:53 PM »
Yze
Or
Tanking
Which is it

So Yze and leaders are not deserving of criticism because we have a long injury list?

Call me old fashioned but two 100 pt losses in a row should never be brushed aside.

We did nothing to make it hard for Brisbane.

I still believe in pride in the jumper.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2024, 10:33:30 PM »
Yze should be ashamed of himself.

Do we have his press conference? Proud of his players again?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2024, 10:34:29 PM »
Yze
Or
Tanking
Which is it

There was  also 11 premiership players out there.....including 4 that aren't even 30 yet and should be at the peak of their powers..... :shh

Kmac, Pickett, broad, nank, Prestia, dusty are all well past their best. Bolton is a cream on top kind of player who is wasted in our team ( which I’ve been saying for a few years now ) so really it’s Rioli and vlastuin who can hold their heads high

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2024, 10:35:36 PM »
Yze
Or
Tanking
Which is it

So Yze and leaders are not deserving of criticism because we have a long injury list?

Call me old fashioned but two 100 pt losses in a row should never be brushed aside.

We did nothing to make it hard for Brisbane.

I still believe in pride in the jumper.

Criticise away. I’m just saying the writing is on the wall

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2024, 10:38:28 PM »
Yze
Or
Tanking
Which is it

Kmac, Pickett, broad, nank, Prestia, dusty are all well past their best. Bolton is a cream on top kind of player who is wasted in our team ( which I’ve been saying for a few years now ) so really it’s Rioli and vlastuin who can hold their heads high

Excuses excuses - yeah most of em are cooked but fmd they should still show some leadership & pride and a bit of footy smarts they surely must've picked over their years of experience -years that included three flags and a shyteload of finals.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2024, 10:46:12 PM »
Exactly. I expect us to lose but maybe we could at least try to make it somewhat difficult for the opposition with some defensive tactics and effort.

I’m gobsmakced that people seem to be ok with these losses because our injury list is long.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2024, 10:46:28 PM »
Can everyone please calm down and look at bright side.

Carlton are now 10th on the ladder.

Surely that will brighten your weekend 😂
Unleash the tornado

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2024, 11:18:41 PM »
Yze
Or
Tanking
Which is it

Tend to agree
Where was the dip in the first half. Game was over at the 15 min mark!!!!