Author Topic: A little perspective…  (Read 846 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
A little perspective…
« on: May 19, 2024, 05:50:34 PM »
Let’s go back to round 15 , 2011 - it was Dimma’s 37th game as senior coach.

Richmond played Carlton and we got belted by 103 points .

That Richmond team contained
Cotchin
Riewoldt
Rance
Martin
Edwards
Grigg
Houlli

It also contained players who a few years later played in September for us
Deledio
Newman
Griffiths
King
Vickery

Yze needs time and a major change in luck when it come to injuries which has been nothing short of catastrophic. He also access to elite talent via the draft . He needs to move on the dead wood , some of which have multiple premiership medallions . There isn’t a coach in the AFL who could guide this team to victory at the moment.

How is he supposed to coach when there is no continuity at selection.

This year should come with an asterisk **

Unleash the tornado

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: A little perspective…
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 06:09:55 PM »
Agreed completely. Should be getting more from our “leaders” but our real on field leaders are all out in lynch, Taranto and baker. Short vice captain says it all.

I’m really high on yze and I’m excited to see what changes we make this off season. Need to trade/cut 5-6 players and get 4 top 20 picks.

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 06:17:23 PM »
Absolutely right. The "nay-sayers" on these forums have very short memories.

Yeah, its tough to watch, but take a little out of someone's development each game.

Things can turn around very quickly...read Sydney game in 2016.

We need to nail the next 2-3 drafts & smart trades.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2024, 06:51:25 PM »
I barrack for Richmond.  I have barracked for Richmond since 1969.  I will always barrack for Richmond.  You have to be pretty mentally tough to barrack for Richmond.  I've had ups & downs barracking for Richmond, that's football for ya!   

I've had the time of my life barracking for Richmond.  If you aren't up to it then just go away ...   

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Hart4Jack

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2024, 07:21:34 PM »
Let’s go back to round 15 , 2011 - it was Dimma’s 37th game as senior coach.

Richmond played Carlton and we got belted by 103 points .

That Richmond team contained
Cotchin
Riewoldt
Rance
Martin
Edwards
Grigg
Houlli

It also contained players who a few years later played in September for us
Deledio
Newman
Griffiths
King
Vickery

Yze needs time and a major change in luck when it come to injuries which has been nothing short of catastrophic. He also access to elite talent via the draft . He needs to move on the dead wood , some of which have multiple premiership medallions . There isn’t a coach in the AFL who could guide this team to victory at the moment.

How is he supposed to coach when there is no continuity at selection.

This year should come with an asterisk **

Well said mat. :thumbsup

Online Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 08:20:57 PM »
I've barracked for Richmond since 1966, so there's nothing new under the sun results-wise. Although I do note that Melbourne Storm outscored Richmond, so maybe that's new.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2024, 08:52:56 PM »
I've been supporting Richmond since 1972

Member for 43 years

I'll also support them, wiil always be a member. The Club has given me so much. I've seen the highest of highs and been through the years of the being in footy wilderness... wouldn't change it

But it's also OK to be critical of the Club.

For me at the moment it's not the results that are gnawing at me it is the lack of effort. It is beyond disappointing. I haven't questioned the effort for a very long time...

BTW great post mat  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2024, 10:04:58 PM »

Member for 43 years

I'll also support them, wiil always be a member. The Club has given me so much. I've seen the highest of highs and been through the years of the being in footy wilderness... wouldn't change it

For me at the moment it's not the results that are gnawing at me it is the lack of effort. It is beyond disappointing. I haven't questioned the effort for a very long time...

“It’s the lack of effort.”

Couldn’t agree more. Pressure, tackling and running hard doesn’t take skill or a game plan to do.

Increase the pressure, tackling and hard running and we don’t lose by that amount.

I question whether our “11 Premiership” players, excluding Vlastuin and Rioli, are leading by example?

Our cubs need matches, keep blooding them.

Our “Premiership Players” need to not accept the past two weeks.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2024, 10:10:06 PM »
I've barracked for Richmond since 1966, so there's nothing new under the sun results-wise. Although I do note that Melbourne Storm outscored Richmond, so maybe that's new.
:thumbsup   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2024, 11:20:24 PM »
There is a lot of commentary around the senior group being at fault. I see it a little different. To me the young players are actually the problem. Banks, Dow, Campbell, Sonsie, Young and Brown. They just don't pressure the opposition and the stat's don't lie. So you can probably excuse the senior players for giving up under the injury circumstances. We cannot always expect senior players to break their backs every week if the next generation coming through thinks it's OK to cruise and play soft.. Yes the senior group needs to maintain standards, but these kids have to lift...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2024, 11:31:56 PM »
Our two best kicks are Brown & Sonsie but they're both soft as butter.....though I recall Sonsie being a lot tougher at the end of '22 -especially in the EF- before the injury compared to now so dunno what's happened there.....the injuries to Gibcus have been the real killer and that makes the situation seem even worse...KMac2 gives me hope though and MRJ was finally starting to show some of his old man's traits some of us always knew he had....still think Ryan can become a very good ruckman....next two draft & trade periods will be huge sliding doors moments (in the true sense of the term, not the illiterate way the Purple Parrot misuses it) :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2024, 07:37:45 AM »
Top 4 or bottom 4, anything in between is a literal waste of time.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2024, 09:17:33 AM »
Top 4 or bottom 4, anything in between is a literal waste of time.

Yeah that's it in a nutshell lol.

And we were never a top 4 chance this year so...may as well finish as low as we can and keep blooding kids with whatever mature players we have left.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2024, 08:29:21 PM »

Member for 43 years

I totally agree with you. It is okay to criticise the club. Whilst there are a variety of views on this site it is clear that everyone on this site wants the club to succeed and can't stand the club being in the predicament it is in.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2024, 09:50:01 PM »

Member for 43 years

“It’s the lack of effort.”

Couldn’t agree more. Pressure, tackling and running hard doesn’t take skill or a game plan to do.

Increase the pressure, tackling and hard running and we don’t lose by that amount.

I question whether our “11 Premiership” players, excluding Vlastuin and Rioli, are leading by example?

Our cubs need matches, keep blooding them.

Our “Premiership Players” need to not accept the past two weeks.
:clapping  :clapping  :clapping

There needs to be pride in the jumper and a fight and fight to win attitude.

There's no excuses for the lack of effort and utter capitulation.

I wasn't expecting much this year but the sort of effort is unacceptable by any Richmond player
The club that keeps giving.