Author Topic: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the M.C.G. --- Round 14, 2024  (Read 5549 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the M.C.G. --- Round 14, 2024
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2024, 10:06:30 PM »
Our midfield looks slow and inept compared to the hawks.

Way off it at the minute. Just lack good mids and if anyone thinks Dow is any good just doesn't have any clue in my opinion.

Sonsie I don't think has it either. He doesn't even compete when he should but sits outside waiting and seems incapable of reading where the ball is going.

We don't have anyone who can tackle properly.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2024, 10:11:09 PM »
Agree, tackling is sadly lacking. 

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2024, 10:18:16 PM »
Yep, Cumberland had a shocker. He's his own worst enemy at times. Early in the first he stood there admonishing himself rather than chasing. I thought to myself you've just stuffed all your good work of the last month

As I sad he had a shocker but so did most of the team. Few others lucky tjet could have been subbed out

Personally I would have pulled the trigger alot earlier with the sub and subbed out Dow or Mansell
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 10:35:59 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2024, 10:30:30 PM »
Yep, Cumberland had a shocker. He's his own worst enemy at times. Early in the first he stood there admonishing himself rather than chasing. I thought to ,yself you've just stuffed all your good work of the last month

As I sad he had a shocker but so did most of the team. Few others lucky tjet could have been subbed out

Personally I would have pulled the trigger alot earlier with the sub and subbed out Dow or Mansell
Agree, probably Dow for me, he certainly turned it over a bit poor fella

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2024, 10:41:47 PM »
Dow is the worst player I've ever seen get gifted so many games and that's even going back to the days when virtually our whole list was just a spud farm and we had no choice ....say what you like about Cumberland at least he 's actually done things in games at some point in his career...Dow has offered absolutely nothing from the get go and shows no real signs of ever doing so or even being close to it....he genuinely looks like an overawed first gamer in every match at best or a schoolboy playing against men...it's actually beyond embarrassing now.......:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2024, 10:48:52 PM »
Dow is the worst player I've ever seen get gifted so many games and that's even going back to the days when virtually our whole list was just a spud farm and we had no choice ....say what you like about Cumberland at least he 's actually done things in games at some point in his career...Dow has offered absolutely nothing from the get go and shows no real signs of ever doing so or even being close to it....he genuinely looks like an overawed first gamer in every match at best or a schoolboy playing against men...it's actually beyond embarrassing now.......:shh

Agreed.

Even when get gets 20 odd disposals he does absolutely no damage and there's no authority in his game.

If I was the oppo I'd let him take the ball.

McAuliffe shows way more potential to hurt teams.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2024, 11:04:05 PM »

Agreed.

Even when get gets 20 odd disposals he does absolutely no damage and there's no authority in his game.

If I was the oppo I'd let him take the ball.

McAuliffe shows way more potential to hurt teams.

Yze has lost the stuffin plot. How that dud gets a gig before KMcA is embarrasing.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2024, 08:53:42 AM »
Yep, Cumberland had a shocker. He's his own worst enemy at times. Early in the first he stood there admonishing himself rather than chasing. I thought to myself you've just stuffed all your good work of the last month

Cumberland should have been subbed out at half time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2024, 10:07:57 AM »
GRADING EVERY PLAYER AS HAWKS SPOIL THE PARTY IN DUSTY'S 300TH

By Seb Mottram & Hugh Fitzpatrick
SEN
15 June 2024

Here’s how we graded every player.

RICHMOND

Tim Taranto: A+

Just his second game back from a lengthy injury break, you wouldn’t know from the way he played. A clear game-high in contested footy.

Jayden Short: A

Led the Tigers for metres gained and used the footy beautifully off half-back.

Nick Vlastuin: A

Another Tigers defender who consistently found himself under pressure. Vlastuin handled himself with aplomb as he typically does.

Noah Balta: B+

Spent most of his game opposed to Jack Gunston and taught the Hawks veteran a lesson in physicality.

Dustin Martin: B

There’s no way in hell you can be critical of the champion in game 300 - even if it was one of his quieter outings. The sound of the MCG when he kicked the first goal of the game will be a memorable moment for those lucky enough to be in the presence of greatness and it was great to see the fans turn up for the king, all 92,311 of them!

Shai Bolton: B

It’s not hard to see why many believe he could be the best in the game. Another classic Bolton performance, with brilliance and disaster entwined to make a must-watch game.

Daniel Rioli: B

Plenty of silk distributing the footy off half-back.

Seth Campbell: B

Ben Miller: B

Jacob Koschitzke: B-

Nowhere near the full package just yet, but is starting to show signs he can make it at AFL level.

Nathan Broad: C+

Hugo Ralphsmith: C+

Starting to make a name for himself on the wing under Adem Yze. Makes a few mistakes but the energy and flair was there again on Saturday evening.

Tom Brown: C+

His right foot is quickly becoming one of the best in the competition. Now, Richmond just needs to get it into his hands more.

Kamdyn McIntosh: C

The ultra-consistent Tigers veteran played his role as that hard running defensive wingman. He finished the game with __ disposals and certainly wasn’t amongst Richmond’s worse.

Jack Graham: C

Albeit not your regular high possession getting midfielder, Graham was quiet for the Tigers today. At times Hawthorn’s younger midfielder made him look very slow out there and you get the feeling the body isn’t allowing Graham to play with complete freedom at the moment. His experience is priceless and crucial as this side goes through the rebuild phase.

Tyler Sonsie: C

To be fair to the 21-year-old, he played the grim role of a high forward in a team that got smashed and he managed to find a bit of it. Finished the game with 13 touches and 12 pressure acts.

Rhyan Mansell: C

Liam Baker: C-

Got involved in the midfield but wasn’t at his creative best. Only the three score invovlements.

Thomson Dow: D+

Is finding more of the footy in 2024 playing as a permanent inside midfielder, but too many clangers to be considered a positive impact.

Tom Lynch: D

Not much was expected in Lynch’s first game back from injury and not much was delivered.

Noah Cumberland: D

All the talent in the world, just can’t bring it to AFL level.

Kane McAuliffe: N/A

Came on in the final term as the sub.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/06/15/grading-every-player-as-hawks-spoil-the-party-in-dustys-300th/

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2024, 10:24:29 AM »
Don't get fooled by Short game he was rubbish again.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2024, 10:30:49 AM »
Jack Graham is the one who needs to be dropped.
He’s been around for a long time and his efforts seem to be getting worse. Looked disinterested at time.
Anyone under 23 or 50 games needs a long stretch of games - nothing ventured, nothing gained. We need to find out if they have what it takes to play regularly at senior level.
As an added bonus, it helps our draft position.
Game vs Kangaroos in a few weeks shaping up as an 8 pointer.
#topdraft pick #bigpicture
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2024, 10:35:40 AM »
Jack Graham is the one who needs to be dropped.
He’s been around for a long time and his efforts seem to be getting worse. Looked disinterested at time.
Anyone under 23 or 50 games needs a long stretch of games - nothing ventured, nothing gained. We need to find out if they have what it takes to play regularly at senior level.
As an added bonus, it helps our draft position.
Game vs Kangaroos in a few weeks shaping up as an 8 pointer.
#topdraft pick #bigpicture

You hashtag big picture and top draft pick

But want Graham dropped?????

I don’t understand what you’re actually after

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2024, 10:41:02 AM »
Don't get fooled by Short game he was rubbish again.

I thought he was good from what I could see at the game, bar maybe a couple of bad clangers. 92% DE.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2024, 12:50:41 PM »
We all know a broken clock is correct twice a day , Cornes now claims Hawthorn is currently the second best team in the competition. I think this has some merit.

They have beaten Bulldogs , Brisbane , GWS - we all know what happened against Port . I think they play an exciting brand of football and hopefully we can aspire to be on a similar path in a couple of years .

It kills me to see Chol do so well , I always had high hopes for him.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2024, 01:21:35 PM »
Dawks are the only club to have won at least one flag in every (completed) decade since the 60's....still 5 and half seasons to go in this one so they're a fair chance to maintain that record.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.