Author Topic: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the M.C.G. --- Round 14, 2024  (Read 5544 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the M.C.G. --- Round 14, 2024
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2024, 01:44:34 PM »
Don't get fooled by Short game he was rubbish again.

I thought he was good from what I could see at the game, bar maybe a couple of bad clangers. 92% DE.

Don't be fooled and seduced by his possession numbers and that 92% DE

I thought he was poor again. Just because he didn't consistently kick it straight to the opposition he simply adjusted and kicked long to contests that we never won. Or he went the short dinky kick. Didn't hurt the Hawks at all with his kicking

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2024, 02:19:54 PM »

I thought he was good from what I could see at the game, bar maybe a couple of bad clangers. 92% DE.

I thought he was poor again. Just because he didn't consistently kick it straight to the opposition he simply adjusted and kicked long to contests that we never won. Or he went the short dinky kick. Didn't hurt the Hawks at all with his kicking

While 100% true, can you name any of our players who didn’t do this? Sure there were a few dinky kicks but the play always ended up with a long kick down the line.

Short has been very poor this season and I’d like to see smith take his place, but it seems, and he does do it more than most granted, that he’s one of a few that gets criticised for doing it.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2024, 08:47:49 PM »
The Hawks seemed able to exit their def 50 with ease via the switch.  On the flip side we were forced long almost every time. 
Well drilled the Hawks, we were a shambles with not much of a game plan.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2024, 07:22:23 AM »
Coaches' votes: (Yze and Mitchell)

Richmond v Hawthorn

10 James Sicily (HAW)
8 Jai Newcombe (HAW)
3 Joshua Weddle (HAW)
3 Mabior Chol (HAW)
3 Tim Taranto (RICH)
3 Jack Scrimshaw (HAW)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1153821/coaches-votes-round-14-western-bulldogs-captain-marcus-bontempelli-surges-tagger-gets-10-votes

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2024, 01:28:22 PM »

While 100% true, can you name any of our players who didn’t do this? Sure there were a few dinky kicks but the play always ended up with a long kick down the line.

Short has been very poor this season and I’d like to see smith take his place, but it seems, and he does do it more than most granted, that he’s one of a few that gets criticised for doing it.

The one and only reason he gets picked in the team, because he clearly does stuff all else. Is because he is supposed to be an elite kick and ball user.  Well he aint the one thing that gets him a game and he is using the ball shocking. hence he is being criticised quite rightly.
if he is not useing the ball well then he is a total liability and needs to go because he gives so little elsewhere.
Its actually not hard to bring in at worst a more rounded player like Smiffy or Trezise or god forbid a player almost as soft in Banks.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2024, 01:34:19 PM »

Always there for a kick in. Gets the ball usually looks left pretending to look for an option. usually ends up chipping the ball to the  right to the open short option, great for DE!!! then runs past for a handball recieve also great for stacking up the disposal count , is usually ignored because its dumb so he then runs to the boundary hopefully all by himself so he can get another easy kick. When it goes to him here which is way to often it mostly ends up a dump kick down the line that far too often comes back over his head.