Author Topic: Changes for the Carlton game?  (Read 3754 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for the Carlton game?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2024, 01:13:24 PM »
lmao you regularly write off kids after 5 minutes...hell you've even been known to write 'em off on draft night... :shh

Nope just not the case. Unlike your good self. See the above lmfao.
 prefering other players on draft night to the ones we took is not writing them off thats a simple preference for another player or another type. Most ten year olds can make that distinction but not all it seems. ;)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2024, 08:08:03 PM »
188cm still putting on size.

Goes hard,always competes and actually gets a lot of hbg. Lays tackles that stick is strong in the contest and is very good over head.
He has good pace and covers the ground real well.
Last he is very good at what all defenders should be that is he defends real well.

The only knock i can see is his kicking can be a bit scratchy at times, in saying that he plays with composure with ball in hand.

His debut game was fantastic and his second game was very servicable until he was injured in March.. Tough assignment as well playing on Ports Marshall and doing okay giving away so much height. Marshall got off the chain after Trezise went off.

He did not play another game until May and has mostly been given run with or specific stopping roles since.

He is a player we really need to look at imo of course. People have goes at me for supposedly writing players off too quickly which is  a falsehood.  im not writing anyone off after just two games in which he showed plenty and coming from a country league such a short time ago.  Because of injury hes basically been playing for us just over a season.  Seems others are but somehow manage to back in blokes who have been there for years and still struggle.

Spot on Claw. Trezies has a bright future and is trending in the right direction.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2024, 06:18:18 PM »
 Broad - Miller - Vlastuin
Smith - Blight - Brown

Rioli - Taranto - Trezise
Nankervis - McAuliffe - Baker

Mansell - Balta - Campbell
Bauer - Koschitzke - Bolton

Martin - Prestia - Hopper - Ralphsmith

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2024, 06:38:09 PM »
Could we use Trezise as a tagger?

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2024, 06:47:13 PM »
Not sure whether they will risk bringing in Hopper. Without Lynch need to try something different. Would be good if they brought in Smith Tresize and Blight.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2024, 05:25:56 PM »
Hopper is the only one of our long list of injured to be returning this week.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2024, 05:33:04 PM »
Team Tips:

Spearhead Tom Lynch has suffered a fresh injury setback, with the Tigers’ talisman falling victim to another hamstring injury following Richmond’s Round 14 loss to Hawthorn. While it’s the opposite hamstring to the one he injured earlier in the year, it’s yet another blow for Adem Yze’s embattled brigade. With Jacob Koschitzke already back in the fold, Mykelti Lefau out for the season and Samson Ryan (ankle) now unavailable for a couple of weeks, could Noah Balta be set for another shift forward? Shai Bolton (corked quad) and Jack Graham (hamstring) are seemingly available for Sunday’s bout with the in-form Blues, with neither listed on the club’s Tuesday injury report. In positive news, Jacob Hopper (hamstring) is available for selection and plotting a return this Sunday, while Dion Prestia (calf) is looking at Round 17 or 18 before he is potentially recalled.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-round-16-team-tips-predicted-sides-and-squads-ins-and-outs-team-changes-injuries-returns-latest-team-news/news-story/e87adf46794d972c2cd6757fd9a821a5

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2024, 05:49:47 PM »
Blight is debuting.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2024, 06:01:00 PM »
Right move ! Balta fwd.

Just quietly this is one of the stronger teams we’ll present this year imo. Not saying much but there’d be nothing to make me happier than beating the blues as the heavy underdogs

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2024, 06:18:38 PM »
Yze is considering the 22-year-old Blight after two strong performances in the VFL, with Noah Balta an option in attack again.

"so we might have to get creative with our talls this week. We are struggling with talls at the moment" - Yze.

Source: AFL website

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2024, 08:24:00 PM »
Right move ! Balta fwd.

Just quietly this is one of the stronger teams we’ll present this year imo. Not saying much but there’d be nothing to make me happier than beating the blues as the heavy underdogs
I'd rather Nank forward and Balta and Kosi ruck

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2024, 09:22:44 PM »
Right move ! Balta fwd.

Balta is not a forward's aersehole....high time people faced the facts.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2024, 12:52:44 AM »
Right move ! Balta fwd.

There are forwards and there are backs, sometimes you can make a forward out of a back, and sometimes you can make a back out of a forward, and not to be backward, moving forward, Noah is a back …. IMVHO

Offline Wazza

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2024, 01:28:26 AM »
Poor Balta. His development was halted due to his moving back and fwd crap in the past and they are doing it again. Leave him back and develop him into the next greatest backman.
Stop gap filling RFC because you didn't draft KPFs to develop in the first place.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2024, 08:11:26 AM »
Right move ! Balta fwd.

I think Balta is a bit better than a forwards hole, but that’s not the point. He’s just the best we have atm. In an ideal world he would play back and we would have some form of a key forward putting their hand up, but that’s not happening. 

I did have the thought though that maybe both balta and blight will play back to take on curnow and McKay, otherwise we are left with probably broad on curnow who would just get towelled up imo.