Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton @ the MCG --- Round 16, 2024  (Read 4130 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Richmond vs Carlton @ the MCG --- Round 16, 2024
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2024, 08:13:07 AM »
At least there were no injuries, I thought Hopper wasn’t too bad for his first game back.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2024, 07:40:44 PM »
For the most part , I’ve been enjoying the green shoots that this season has provided- however for the first time I got the feeling that some of the players have checked out of season 2024 …… and more sadly , I feel like some have checked out of the Richmond football club.
Unleash the tornado

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2024, 01:31:46 AM »
For the most part , I’ve been enjoying the green shoots that this season has provided- however for the first time I got the feeling that some of the players have checked out of season 2024 …… and more sadly , I feel like some have checked out of the Richmond football club.
Mat the club will go on, supporters mostly stick true, we will rise again, those that have checked out, can, and will move on.
We will still be here quibbling about inconsequentialities…

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2024, 07:20:29 AM »
Who can blame the players. Not me.
#bigpic #no1getitdone
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2024, 09:27:23 AM »
I know we were never likely to win but yet again the umpires have heavily influenced the game at a crucial time.

In the 3rd about 10-15 mins in & we were still in the game that touched ball by Brown that wasn't called and led to a very soft goal to Carlton, from there the heads dropped and they scored 3 or 4 in the space of 10 minutes. Game over!

I was right behind that kick and it was clearly touched, you could tell simply by how it deviated and floated. That an ump less than 10 metres missed it is disgraceful but no surprise considering how bad the standard of umpiring is right now

Would it have changed the result?  Probably not but it certainly was a momentum killer and when you have such a young side out there the impact is huge

Young side hmm. No younger than most. no more 22 and unders than most. just as many games as most.

Kids are not the problem not enough mature players doing enough.

Original post so dumb arses can't confuse things.

No younger than most  10th youngest. average age 25y/198d.Add in Lynch and Prestia when fit and it goes thru the roof.

No more 22 and unders than most teams.   12  teams  had between 6 and 9 players aged 22 or under . we had 7 to come in 9th.

Just as many games played as most. 8th with another three teams close.

People carrying on as if we are the only team playing kids when clearly we are not.

We are clearly in the middle somewhere and imo we are playing no more Juniors than most clubs on a weekly basis.
We are playing just as many mature players as most clubs.

Playing up to 6 or 7 younger players needs to be the norm its nothing unusual.

Some going to the extreme of including 23 thru 25 year olds to make their argument work. that is funny.

Team stats:

Disposals:    335 - 389 .... ( contested: 125 - 131 ; uncontested: 200 - 246 )
Efficiency%:   69 - 74 
Kicks:          193 - 234
Handballs:   142 - 155 
Turnovers:     74 - 65
Marks:          78 - 102 .... ( contested marks: 8 - 12 )
Tackles:        45 - 59
Clearances:   41 - 41 .... ( centre: 15 - 15 ; stoppages: 26 - 26 )
Inside 50s:    47 - 58
In50 eff.%:   43 - 50
In50 marks:    8 - 16
In50 tackles: 12 - 14
Hitouts:        48 - 25
Bounces:      11 - 9
One %ers:    44 - 48
Frees:           22 - 17

Individual possies:

Taranto  27
Hopper  25
D.Rioli   24
Vlastuin 21
McIntosh 18
Baker    17
Bolton   17
Graham  17
Nankervis 17
Short    16
Sonsie  16
Ralphsmith 15
Miller   14
Mansell 13
Koschitzke 12
Blight  11
Broad   11
Brown   9
McAuliffe 9
Balta  8
Martin  7 .... subbed off 3rd qtr (back)
Banks 6 .... subbed on 3rd qtr
Campbell 5

https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/6026#player-stats

Apparently that team is devoid of experience and we are throwing kids to the wolves. lol.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 03:44:49 PM by the claw »

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2024, 10:16:34 AM »
Rubbish Claw
We are younger than literally every side in the comp not called North

Richmond players under 25yo on the weekend 11, Carlton 6
Richmond players under 50 games 10, Carlton 6
Richmond players under 25 games 6, Carlton 1

Week before against another young side Hawthorn

Richmond under 25yo 11, Hawthorn 10
Richmond under 50 games 9, Hawthorn 6
Richmond under 25 games 5, Hawthorn 2

Can do this for the entire season and you would somehow still say I’m wrong and somehow belittle, like you do anyone that points out your incorrect

The facts are, we are young and we are younger than most

Side note , North on the weekend under 25yo, 11
Under 50 games 9
Under 25 games 5

Identical to us

West Coast under 25yo 7
Under 50 games 7
Under 25 games 2

Good luck to them , they are going to need it

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2024, 01:17:56 PM »
Rubbish Claw

Can do this for the entire season and you would somehow still say I’m wrong and somehow belittle, like you do anyone that points out your incorrect

Under 50 games 9
Under 25 games 5

Identical to us

West Coast under 25yo 7
Under 50 games 7
Under 25 games 2

Thanks Damo

Our entire list overall is one of thecolder ones

But this season on a week by week basis our sides have been young in both age and more importantly games played
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2024, 10:00:33 PM »
Rubbish Claw

Under 50 games 9
Under 25 games 5

Identical to us

West Coast under 25yo 7
Under 50 games 7
Under 25 games 2

Simple and fact based. I like it.
Crawski, you’ve been pwned.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2024, 10:00:54 AM »
The two teams on the weekend had 2340 and 2350 games played. lmfao. basically the same.
Our team was aged 25yr 198days them 26yr 222days. neither young.

That age demographic is a team who should be challenging.

Lmao including 25 year olds, 24 and 25 year olds are not kids a lot of 23 year olds are not either. what an utter nonsense..
by that age you want them to be reasonably well established .

FMD Adelaide played 15 aged 24 and under your criteria and were aged 24yrs and 203days with just 1746 games experiemce. Now that is young.

you just have to be honest with the stats then maybe you can be honest to yourself.

Our mid tier is a huge problem the stats everywhere are telling us this.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2024, 11:08:57 AM »
I don’t think you can look at stats like average age because we have the 2 extremes, old
And young and not much in between. Off the top of my head we have the likes of Prestia,dusty,broad,vlastuin,kmac, all 30+
McAuliffe,sonesie,brown,banks,Campbell all 21 and under ?

But more importantly the experience and games played. We don’t have many around the sweet spot of 75-100. Our young guys who could have played 2-3 full seasons have played half a season and even Miller, ralphsmith, mansell haven’t played that much.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2024, 11:29:05 AM »
Its a dumb criteria i did not set it

12 clubs on the weekend had between 12 and 16 players aged 25 or under. Another three clubs had 10 to 11 players aged 25 or under.

So when i say we had no more 22 and unders than most clubs or i use  your dumb criteria 25 and under i would be correct would i not?

16 clubs had an age demographic between 24 and 26 with us 25yr 198d smack bang in the middle.

Its similar for games played two teams under 2000 games five teams  2700 games or more with us somewhere in the middle of the rest.

Yes thank you Damo lol owned not.

Just an aside i dont think we have played more than 6 juniors 21 and under in the one team all year could be wrong on that one.
It is likely less.

Juniors = 18 - 21 kids establishing themselves. Some show enough for games pretty quickly.
Development = 22 - 24. older kids had three or more preseasons  who have secured a list spot not been delisted are developing well
Mature/prime = 25 - 29. Proven mature players at their best.
Vets = 30 plus. Older blokes in various stages of decline best most likely behind them.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2024, 01:30:16 PM »
It's not the average that matters, it's the distribution.

Dusty alone was 301 of those games lol

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2024, 02:53:14 PM »
I don’t think you can look at stats like average age because we have the 2 extremes, old
And young and not much in between. Off the top of my head we have the likes of Prestia,dusty,broad,vlastuin,kmac, all 30+

But more importantly the experience and games played. We don’t have many around the sweet spot of 75-100. Our young guys who could have played 2-3 full seasons have played half a season and even Miller, ralphsmith, mansell haven’t played that much.

Two extremesokay ::) More excuses.

We have blokes here lumping in 24 and 25 yr old players and calling them kids. what next make the cut off 27 after all they are still young men too.

Balta is 24 in year 7 how can you call him a kid in the scheme of things. Bolton is 25. 8 years in wtf. Miller is in year 7 at age 24. Mansell is 24 in year four!!!. Kosi is 23 in year 6.
You get the drift.

They all played on the weekend along with a whole pile of mature players  and vets.

We are not playing bereft of mature players as some would have us believe. the trouble is they are either past it or not good enough.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2024, 03:06:34 PM »

Mature/prime = 25 - 29. Proven mature players at their best.

Lets use a category provided by the genius himself.
So ZERO CHANCE of a smart arsed reply.

Carlton Mature/Prime on the weekend = 16
Richmond Mature/Prime on the weekend = 8

Thanks for helping prove a point.

We have too many young players, surrounded by too many older players that are past their best.

So you can continue to spout the arrogant nonsense shown below if you like ..

The two teams on the weekend had 2340 and 2350 games played. lmfao. basically the same.
Our team was aged 25yr 198days them 26yr 222days. neither young.

And I will just use your own age demographic as being mature/prime to show how ridiculous your point is.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2024, 03:50:53 PM »

Two extremesokay ::) More excuses.

We have blokes here lumping in 24 and 25 yr old players and calling them kids. what next make the cut off 27 after all they are still young men too.

Balta is 24 in year 7 how can you call him a kid in the scheme of things. Bolton is 25. 8 years in wtf. Miller is in year 7 at age 24. Mansell is 24 in year four!!!. Kosi is 23 in year 6.
You get the drift.

They all played on the weekend along with a whole pile of mature players  and vets.

We are not playing bereft of mature players as some would have us believe. the trouble is they are either past it or not good enough.

Who said anything about balta ? And if you ready my post I was talking about experience rather than age. Mansell 45 games. Kosi 54 games ( don’t rate either of them anyway ) Miller 38 games. The Kids I referenced are McAuliffe, sonsie, banks, Campbell, Brown. Who are both young and inexperienced and then we have guys around the 24 mark who are older but still relatively inexperienced such as mansell, Miller, Blight, ralphsmith, Kosi.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting we are playing bereft of mature players, in fact most of us here have spoken about how disappointing the mature players have been all season.
Forget about age though, you have a team with this many guys under 50 games and it’s gonna be tough.