Author Topic: Richmond vs GWS @ the M.C.G. --- Round 18, 2024  (Read 2445 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Richmond vs GWS @ the M.C.G. --- Round 18, 2024
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2024, 07:00:55 PM »
Pathetic crowd today, I can’t believe how quickly people drop off when things aren’t going good.
Mot to mention the weather.
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2024, 07:08:11 PM »
Pathetic crowd today, I can’t believe how quickly people drop off when things aren’t going good.
Mot to mention the weather.
Yep, agree and the time slot but that didn’t worry too many about 5 years ago.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2024, 09:12:13 PM »

Yep
And imbeciles complain Dusty got overpaid this year

Paid for it in its entirety pulling in 90k for his 300th

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2024, 09:17:17 PM »

Yep pathetic, not even 20k

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2024, 09:35:48 PM »
Today can't question the effort which was a positive

Another positive was Steely Greene.

We got a pack of bluggers out there of our senior group. How many today stood up and all season 2 or 3 . The worst part is their skills and turnovers.

Nothing on Yze today we played well just let down by a certain group. Kids are playing their part obviously not going to get 4 quarters understandably,  but gez I'm filthy at our senior group.

Ditto, disgusted with the effort of some of the senior blokes. In particular our 2 vice captain's out there today. I've been of the belief that Baker is leaving but gee the last couple of weeks the way he's playing it's hard not think he's already checked out.

As for Short. In the final qtr, yes Nanks kick was a average but Short's "effort" was diabolical. It happened right in front of us, no effort just stood there like a statue. I'm sure the media will list him the best because he had high stat numbers but gee his "efforts" for a senior, leader are more often than not unacceptable

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2024, 12:00:19 AM »

Apparently, our lowest MCG home crowd since 2004.

Crowd: 19,040 at the MCG

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2024, 12:11:21 PM »
Today can't question the effort which was a positive

Another positive was Steely Greene.

We got a pack of bluggers out there of our senior group. How many today stood up and all season 2 or 3 . The worst part is their skills and turnovers.

Nothing on Yze today we played well just let down by a certain group. Kids are playing their part obviously not going to get 4 quarters understandably,  but gez I'm filthy at our senior group.

Ditto, disgusted with the effort of some of the senior blokes. In particular our 2 vice captain's out there today. I've been of the belief that Baker is leaving but gee the last couple of weeks the way he's playing it's hard not think he's already checked out.

As for Short. In the final qtr, yes Nanks kick was a average but Short's "effort" was diabolical. It happened right in front of us, no effort just stood there like a statue. I'm sure the media will list him the best because he had high stat numbers but gee his "efforts" for a senior, leader are more often than not unacceptable

Baker owes us nothing more than a top 10 pick ….
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2024, 03:07:54 PM »

Apparently, our lowest MCG home crowd since 2004.

Crowd: 19,040 at the MCG
Shart was crapping in his jocks all day.
Nank for all the good things he does , ruins it all with all the pathetic things he does which ALWAYS COST GOALS

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2024, 09:10:22 PM »
You can see that from Italy?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2024, 10:04:07 PM »
You can see it from the moon. Subscribing to WATCH AFL helps also, but there are player of pirate sights here where you can watch all sports globally free.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2024, 10:55:01 PM »
You can see it from the moon. Subscribing to WATCH AFL helps also, but there are player of pirate sights here where you can watch all sports globally free.

Hey Sicily funnily I'm able to watch afl from My Foxtel in Europe. I'm in Poland now and it worked over the weekend.

Every other time I had to pay that watch afl crap, but strangely enough it's working without paying the dogs anything.

Has to be a glitz surely.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2024, 11:23:03 PM »
AFL Report Card: Round 18

Will Faulkner, Jack Jovanovski, Ben Cotton and Catherine Healey
Foxsports
15 July 2024

RICHMOND

Another in a growing line of valiant Richmond losses this season, as it remains chained to the base of the ladder. While it was bolstered by the return of some experience in form of Dion Prestia, it was once again an experienced side trotted out by Adem Yze on Sunday — and it would appear Tim Taranto is destined for the league’s concussion protocols after a hard fall in a Toby Bedford tackle. In what would be a pleasing result for Yze and his coaching staff, the Tigers owned territory against the Giants — for little reward — as they claimed the inside-50 count 53-36 and clearance tally 39-31 but were a whopping 16 per cent less efficient with their forward entries.

In the votes

Unsurprisingly, Prestia (27 disposals, four tackles, four clearances) was one of Richmond’s best in his return outing, orchestrating the side’s midfield operation and — as he’s best known for — damaging at stoppage. Taranto led the Tigers with 15 contested possessions to go along with his 27 disposals, while Daniel Rioli (26 disposals and a goal) was influential in their fast transition chains.

Room for improvement

Capitalising on their time-in-forward-half dominance and exit from stoppage. The Giants managed 23 scoring shots from their 36 entries, with the likes of Toby Greene and Jesse Hogan (four goals each) getting off the chain far too frequently, while the Tigers generally looked horribly out of place in defensive transition as they scrambled to keep up with GWS’ over-the-back tsunami.

Grade

C

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-round-18-report-card-highlights-every-club-reviewed-and-graded-best-and-worst-players-stats-latest-news/news-story/aff2e303fa3c2a9e1688bdf31f106830

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2024, 11:23:57 PM »
Coaches' votes (Yze & Kingsley)

Richmond v Greater Western Sydney

10 Toby Greene (GWS)
6 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
4 Harry Himmelberg (GWS)
3 Dion Prestia (RICH)
3 Toby Nankervis (RICH)

3 Kieren Briggs (GWS)
1 Jesse Hogan (GWS)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1173455/coaches-votes-r18-brisbane-lions-star-lachie-neale-sydney-swans-gun-errol-gulden-make-their-moves

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2024, 07:40:49 AM »

And yet from the coaches box, Nank is seen as being in the best over the last fortnight.
Maybe you need a bigger TV.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2024, 06:08:39 PM »

And yet from the coaches box, Nank is seen as being in the best over the last fortnight.
Maybe you need a bigger TV.
Maybe you should be the one to open your eyes and see what's really going on.
Watch that last QTR again.
By the way, you say um the um coach sees um things um better um are um oh um as long as um the players are um are happy um in um a happy um environment that's what's um important.. wgaf what you think, I don't, just like you dgaf about what I think.
Typical leftist woke joke, people can only have an opinion if it's exactly like yours.
Nank did some nice things in the game but he cost us the game  with his decision making and skill errors.
You can't see that, that's your problem