Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval --- Round 19, 2024  (Read 2738 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval --- Round 19, 2024
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2024, 11:23:50 PM »
Just stuffing retire already Broad..... :banghead
He had a shocker, thinking he may be done

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2024, 11:28:28 PM »
I think I have now seen a big enough body of work from our team to say with a degree of confidence that we are competitive for at least  75% of all games and that just maybe the younger legs in our team are not able to see games out just yet

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2024, 12:53:03 AM »
I think I have now seen a big enough body of work from our team to say with a degree of confidence that we are competitive for at least  75% of all games and that just maybe the younger legs in our team are not able to see games out just yet
Professional tanking

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2024, 01:45:55 AM »
Watching hawks today made me realise even more so how far off we are. They’ve been bad for 4-5 years now and they’re literally just coming good and that’s quick. Team full of youngsters, exciting players. We have so much pain to go still. They traded Mitchel and omeara to give their young guys opportunity and we need to make the same tough calls with the likes of hopper, short, broad, Graham and the list goes on and on.

Yet never finished last. They have recruited very well.

Yet some think they made an error in getting rid of those players. 4/5 years isn't bad for a team that supposedly did the wrong thing.

Our issue is who is going to give us a first rounder for any of those players you mentioned. None.

Guys like Graham, iMac, are just clogging our list now and have to go.

4/5 years?

When did they win the last one. It will be 10 years next year.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2024, 09:49:28 AM »
And they are 11th,

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2024, 10:52:04 AM »
4-5 years since they started rebuilding. Similar to us we haven’t won since 2020
But haven’t really started rebuilding yet.

And yes they’re 11th but I said they’ve literally JUST started to turn it around.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2024, 12:15:49 PM »
The system is designed to make sides as equal as possible so we are a victim of our success  , I have to agree that we got our list management wrong , Hardwick and others were wrong thinking we were good enough to pinch another premiership, but that should always be what a club should be aiming for. We are always right in hindsight . I don’t mind be on the bottom as it  hopefully means we rebound a lot quicker, those with  good memories will remember being a nothing side for 37 years and finishing in the middle , that was worse for me , a nothing side .

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2024, 12:19:21 PM »
Hawks are fools gold imo.

I would bet a hefty amount that they win less games next year and finish in a worse position. I just don’t see anywhere near the elite talent required to be a serious threat.

Ofcourse that could change if they get some players in via trade or free agency.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2024, 02:17:37 PM »
Dawks remind me of us and our many false dawns pre-17.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2024, 09:15:25 PM »
Coaches Votes:

Port Adelaide v Richmond
8 Charlie Dixon (PORT)
5 Ollie Wines (PORT)
5 Aliir Aliir (PORT)
4 Daniel Rioli (RICH)
3 Connor Rozee (PORT)
3 Logan Evans (PORT)
2 Travis Boak (PORT)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1178784/coaches-votes-r19-carlton-blues-star-patrick-cripps-closes-gap-only-two-10s

:-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2024, 12:28:05 AM »
AFL Report Card: Round 19

Foxsports
22 July 2024

RICHMOND

Credit to the Tigers, who were brave against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval before fading away in the fourth quarter. Missing a host of veterans including injured trio Nick Vlastuin, Tim Taranto, Jack Graham all casualties at selection, Adem Yze’s side really took it to the Power and will take positives away from it with renewed competitiveness and fight. It comes ahead of one of Richmond’s most winnable games in some time this week against the out-of-form Magpies.

In the votes

Daniel Rioli had one of his best games this year booting two goals from 28 disposals across half back. Shai Bolton (17 touches) had some bright moments splitting his time between midfield and forward.

Room for improvement

While the Tigers were competitive, they still got smashed in contested possessions (-23) and clearances (-16) to give up territory and field position (-20 inside 50s).

Grade

C+

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-round-19-report-card-highlights-every-club-reviewed-and-graded-best-and-worst-players-stats-latest-news/news-story/eb51c42ac473fcf2d9ef95176a675fac

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2024, 12:28:50 AM »
Another late fadeout from the Tigers

Andrew Slevison
SEN
22 July 2024

Richmond has been quite competitive for the most part over the past few weeks.

They were good value against the Giants last weekend and were on the tail of the Power for more than three quarters on Saturday night.

They trailed by 10 points at three-quarter time but were found out late once again, conceding 4.8 in the final term while managing just a behind of their own.

Adem Yze’s Tigers are 3-15 in final terms this year, conceding on average 25 point per fourth quarter while scoring just 12 themselves.

The effort and intensity has generally been good early in games before fading out badly at the business end.

From a positive viewpoint, Daniel Rioli was absolutely excellent with 28 disposals, a massive 631 metres gained, 10 intercept possessions and kicked two goals in a damaging display off half-back.

Up the other end it was Rhyan Mansell who was the shining light with three goals from 12 touches, seven marks, six score involvements and four inside 50s.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/07/22/what-they-got-right-and-wrong-the-wins-and-woes-from-round-19/