Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Pies?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes for next week against the Pies?
« on: July 21, 2024, 02:25:33 PM »
Nank to miss due to concussion protocols.

Taranto and Floss to return. Maybe Dusty?

Fire away with your changes?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Changes for next week against the Pies?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2024, 03:09:14 PM »
INS: Taranto,  Vlastuin, Graham, Dusty if fit, Bauer

OUTS: McIntosh, Dow, Ryan, Banks, Nank

Now before people go ape droppings over suggesting the back up ruck be dropped

Sadly for Samson he gave little as a forward and even less in the ruck in the final qtr. In the presser Yze said Ryan was going to be subbed before Nank went down with concussion. Also said he had a bad ankle. So considering all of the this I'd drop Ryan

So who rucks? I'd give that job to Kosi. As a fwd he was deplorable yesterday but he has shown over the last month or so when he's pinched hit he's been OK. And seriously he can't be any worse than what we got in the last qtr yesterday.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2024, 03:13:34 PM »
Balta's a far superior ruck to Kosi and is woefully underutilised in the role as it is...in fact if played there more I'd believe he become one the most dangerous & damaging players  in the comp.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2024, 03:15:16 PM »
Not against that. Bauer/Blight can come in to allow Balta to do some rucking as well. Unless there's been more Meehan Magic I'm not yet aware of
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2024, 03:20:24 PM »
Balta has clearly shown he can ruck. Agree with bringing in Bauer and Blight to cover Balta going into the ruck.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2024, 03:38:30 PM »
I think the concern over Balta is his lack of aerobic fitness, atleast thats what Yze eluded to in his declaration that Balta would play fwd this year.

I'd love to see him play a full game in the ruck though. Why not at this stage.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2024, 04:21:32 PM »
Balta has clearly shown he can ruck. Agree with bringing in Bauer and Blight to cover Balta going into the ruck.
Bring in Blight and Bauer regardless.

Whats wrong with giving the basketballer a game didn't he have a million hit outs the other week. Whats his development going like.?Will he give a good contest.

Failing that Kossie to the ruck Balta stays back and Blight, Bauer and Martin to the forward half.
That can always be changed During  the game if need be.

Vlastuin - Miller - Broad . Very experienced backline with one 22 yo.
Trezise - Balta - Rioli

HRS - Taranto - Smith.  Makeshift ruck but only one kid really in Smith
Kossie - Hopper - Prestia

Mansell - Blight - Bolton. Blight and Bauer give us some structure with the means to change things if we have to.
Martin - Bauer - Green

Baker - Campbell - Brown - Graham. Play em all thru the midfield. Brown can play wing. Graham might be able to do a tag job again

Banks.

What is the go with McAuliffe anyone? Did not play ressies is not named on the injury list.
Probably one kid too many but wgaf.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 09:40:38 PM by the claw »

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2024, 10:54:43 PM »
Play Miller in the ruck, reckon he's the most underrated player on our list. And a huge smokey as a future captain with a bunch of young kids coming through until a Jagga is old enough to take over. Chris Newman style. Call me crazy but I can see it happening, especially if a Baker goes.
Go Tigers!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2024, 01:01:40 AM »
If Miller ever becomes captain we may as well shut the doors
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2024, 12:21:28 PM »
Blight and Bauer need to come in if Kosi and Balta are going to ruck.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2024, 01:47:01 PM »
Agree with claw, bring in the basket-baller, Bauer up forward, Blight in (Kosi sub or seconds)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2024, 11:00:40 PM »
Team Tips:

The Tigers will be without captain Toby Nankervis (concussion) this week but will be hoping three-time Norm Smith Medallist Dustin Martin (back) and star midfielder Tim Taranto (concussion) are back for the Pies clash. Martin has been named as a ‘test’ for the fourth week in a row, with the label becoming less and less meaningful by the week.

Richmond have had a horror run with injury this season, but Nick Vlastuin, Jack Graham, Marlion Pickett and Maurice Rioli Jnr areother names who will test this week also.

Samson Ryan was quiet against Port Adelaide but likely gets a reprieve given Nankervis will miss.

It’ll all depend on the fitness of the above half a dozen players, but if most are available, it might mean the likes of Tyler Sonsie, Kaleb Smith and Thomson Dow head back to the VFL.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-round-20-team-tips-predicted-sides-and-squads-ins-and-outs-team-changes-injuries-returns-latest-team-news/news-story/45264094878234061d79bf1237c59a86

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2024, 11:45:43 PM »
Samson to play well with Nank out..... :shh

*cue rambling rant from old misery guts* :rant
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2024, 12:16:31 AM »
Backline could be Miller, Blight, Broad. Fortunately Pies don't have much of a forward line I reckon.

Balta, Kosi and Ryan all forward and rucking.

Should find a spot for Bauer too.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2024, 11:29:22 PM »
In the Mix: Round 20

Howard Kimber
afl.com.au
24 July 2024

Toby Nankervis is a massive out for the Tigers as he enters concussion protocols. With Sam Naismith gone for the year and category B rookie Oliver Hayes-Brown concussed in the VFL on the weekend, it's likely Samson Ryan will be starting ruck with support from Jacob Koschitzke, opening the door for Jacob Bauer to play his first senior game of the year.

Alternatively, if Nick Vlastuin (back) gets through training he will return to defence, or mid-season recruit Jacob Blight could come back in, allowing Noah Balta to head forward.

Tim Taranto (concussion) is available and Dustin Martin (back) is a definite starter if he gets through the week's work, while Maurice Rioli jnr (ankle) and Marlion Pickett (calf) are also facing tests.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1179017/in-the-mix-r20-whos-under-the-pump-pushing-for-selection