Author Topic: Yze's post-game presser  (Read 598 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yze's post-game presser
« on: July 21, 2024, 02:28:30 PM »
Yze's post-match presser:

VIDEO: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1606752/round-19-yze-post-match

----------------------------------------------------------

“I think we only had three or four players that we could choose from that didn’t get a game (against Port),” Yze said.

“So that side of it, we’re really proud of our players and the way that they’re fighting.

“But at the same time, we just need to get better.”

Despite their lengthy injury list, the young Tigers showed impressive fight to trail the Power by just 10 points at three-quarter time before slipping to a fifth loss in a row that kept them anchored to the bottom of the ladder.

“I was rapt with our mindset in the last quarter in trying to win the game and not just have an honourable loss, but our boys are hurting,” the coach said.

“Our fans expect a lot from us, and so do we, so I’d hope that up until three-quarter time that they were proud of our performance.

“But we’ve just got to finish off games better.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dont-really-care-tigers-coach-adem-yze-hits-back-at-dustin-martin-accusation/news-story/bcda5270aef093f573ccacf9450c401d

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Yze's post-game presser
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2024, 02:44:22 PM »
It's a proud time
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2024, 02:44:48 PM »
Don’t really care’: Richmond coach Adem Yze hits back at Dustin Martin accusation

Jason Phelan from Newswire

Richmond coach Adem Yze has defended the decision to allow superstar veteran Dustin Martin to travel to New Zealand while he struggles to shake a nagging back injury.

Martin missed games against Fremantle, GWS and Port Adelaide, all losses, with the persistent injury, and was allowed to leave the country to visit with family during his rehab.

Speaking to reporters after the Tigers’ 41-point loss to the Power at Adelaide Oval, it was put to Yze that some might question the wisdom of letting a 33-year-old with a bad back undertake two lengthy international flights while trying to regain full fitness.

“I don’t really care what other people say … he needed some time away,” Yze said.

"He wasn’t going to be available to play, so he got away and spent some time with family, and he’ll come back into our program and try to get fit for the next game.

“The week before he had some time away, his back was a bit crook, so he’s come back and he will hopefully train this week and hopefully be available for the Collingwood game.

“He was a bit sore the other day when he did get back and couldn’t finish training, so we need a full week of training for him to be available.”

Speculation about Martin’s playing future beyond this season continues, with a reunion with premiership coach Damien Hardwick at Gold Coast or even retirement an option for the triple-premiership star.

While Martin is some chance to play against the reigning premiers, skipper Toby Nankervis was subbed out against the Power at three-quarter time and is set to enter concussion protocols.

Richmond will get some respite from its injury crisis, with Tim Taranto and Nick Vlastuin set to return to the line-up.

“I think we only had three or four players that we could choose from that didn’t get a game (against Port),” Yze said.

“So that side of it, we’re really proud of our players and the way that they’re fighting.

“But at the same time, we just need to get better.”

Despite their lengthy injury list, the young Tigers showed impressive fight to trail the Power by just 10 points at three-quarter time before slipping to a fifth loss in a row that kept them anchored to the bottom of the ladder.

“I was rapt with our mindset in the last quarter in trying to win the game and not just have an honourable loss, but our boys are hurting,” the coach said.

“Our fans expect a lot from us, and so do we, so I’d hope that up until three-quarter time that they were proud of our performance.

“But we’ve just got to finish off games better"

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/dont-really-care-tigers-coach-adem-yze-hits-back-at-dustin-martin-accusation/news-story/bcda5270aef093f573ccacf9450c401d
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2024, 02:47:18 PM »
I know most don't bother watching his presser but I was happy to see him snap at reporters over the Dusty question.

Also pleased to see him be critical the last qtr, yes he was proud of the effort of the 1st three qtrs but wasn't happy with the last. Certainly very different from some of his recent ones

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2024, 03:00:22 PM »
I know most don't bother watching his presser but I was happy to see him snap at reporters over the Dusty question.

Also pleased to see him be critical the last qtr, yes he was proud of the effort of the 1st three qtrs but wasn't happy with the last. Certainly very different from some of his recent ones

I’ll be honest
I can’t watch his pressers
It’s not that I don’t bother , I um just genuinely can’t um cope with um that word he um uses multiple um times a sentence .. I can’t um remember what it is, um , I’ve  had an um what do you call it .. that’s it , um a mind blank

Regardless , he’s proud

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2024, 03:05:30 PM »

I’ll be honest
It’s not that I don’t bother , I um just genuinely can’t um cope with um that word he um uses multiple um times a sentence .. I can’t um remember what it is, um , I’ve  had an um what do you call it .. that’s it , um a mind blank

Regardless , he’s proud

All he needs to do now is to start saying "Do yourself a favour" and wearing a cowboy hat.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2024, 03:12:08 PM »

I’ll be honest

Regardless , he’s proud

In fairness he certainly isn't the first 1st year coach that isn't great fronting the media. And some who've been doing it for ages still aren't great

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2024, 03:40:06 PM »
I dont know why people focus on the pressers. It's all spin anyway. As long as he is delivering a strong and concise message behind closed doors then Im happy

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2024, 06:24:16 PM »
What a joke , do you want him to slag on the players publicly particularly when so many are kids , best way I know to lose the playing group , he knows we are not up to scratch with our best players out and can’t do much about it  but get games into the kids and pray for a miracle .

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2024, 06:27:43 PM »

I’ll be honest

Regardless , he’s proud
Understand you completely, I can't watch his pressers for the same reason..

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2024, 06:29:05 PM »

I’ll be honest

Regardless , he’s proud

In fairness he certainly isn't the first 1st year coach that isn't great fronting the media. And some who've been doing it for ages still aren't great
No excuses for saying um every 3 words . Only brain-dead losers do that , that have absolutely no confidence

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2024, 10:19:50 PM »
What a joke , do you want him to slag on the players publicly particularly when so many are kids , best way I know to lose the playing group , he knows we are not up to scratch with our best players out and can’t do much about it  but get games into the kids and pray for a miracle .

What best players are they? Apart from a few the injured are hardly up to scratch either.
Most are either average, past it, just got there  or done nothing.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2024, 10:39:28 PM »
What best players are they? Apart from a few the injured are hardly up to scratch either.
Most are either average, past it, just got there  or done nothing.

What are you talking about WA , you’re starting  a whole new discussion on the full list and not the coach bagging his own players,  just look at our injury list and you might answer your own question ! Remember your the bloke who originally said we should play all the kids and now pot them lol,  dark cloud !

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2024, 10:42:07 PM »
No excuses for saying um every 3 words . Only brain-dead losers do that , that have absolutely no confidence

what a vile, disgusting to say... not to mention a pathetic generalisation

Says more about you than it does than any person who says "um"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2024, 10:45:54 PM »

Yeah thought it was oke of his better pressers.
Go Tigers!