Author Topic: Shane Dunne Appointed Richmond CEO  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane Dunne Appointed Richmond CEO
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2024, 11:15:13 AM »
i heard somewhere Matthews was Bennys choice, and if true who would decide these things?

He seems out of his depth at this early stage. I heard him in an interview say he has a few weeks to learn things from Benny. He is paid a million and he is still learning. :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2024, 12:44:00 PM »
i heard somewhere Matthews was Bennys choice, and if true who would decide these things?

He seems out of his depth at this early stage. I heard him in an interview say he has a few weeks to learn things from Benny. He is paid a million and he is still learning. :shh

Yes, Caro reckons Simon Matthews was Benny's preferred choice, succession plan

Who said he's on a million? Pure speculation by a poster on here. I would be very surprised if that's the number

He has a few weeks for a proper handover, what's the big deal? Actually think it is a bit of bonus, time to go through all the sponsors contracts and meet our major partners , the contracts around the redevelopment, footy soft cap and where it's being spent, contracts of staff in the footy dept, budgets for 2025 etc.... I'd be more concerned if he came in and said I know everything get out of my way and threw the baby out with the bath water as they say

Club said from the beginning that they had hired a recruitment firm to be heavily involved in the selection process coupled with directors from the board, Benny was not involved in the selection process at all .... seems like the right way to do things I would have thought

IIRC Frankie, you were one of many on here who heavily criticised the appointment of Peggy O'Neal as President all those years ago and i think it's fair to say you got that criticism very, very wrong.

At least give the bloke a decent run at it rather making a call or suggesting 'he is out of depth at this early stage"
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2024, 01:45:41 PM »
I was one saying appoint from outside,  but listening to him and his track record is impressive. I like how he identified straight away we need to lift our game and improve as a whole.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2024, 02:08:31 PM »

Dillon was Gills choice also. Looks how that’s playing out

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2024, 02:17:48 PM »
I was one saying appoint from outside,  but listening to him and his track record is impressive. I like how he identified straight away we need to lift our game and improve as a whole.
You wouldn’t need to be Einstein to say / identify that

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2024, 06:52:50 PM »

No one currently at the club come out and said it through this year all went missing.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2024, 09:44:16 PM »

No one currently at the club come out and said it through this year all went missing.
True

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2024, 10:01:21 AM »

We did finish last, it’s fairly obvious.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2024, 12:26:54 AM »
Tigers plan to restore the roar

New Richmond CEO Shane Dunne has declared that despite a last-placed finish in 2024, there’s plenty for Yellow and Black barrackers to look forward to.

“Clearly, it’s a disappointing year, and we should be disappointed in the year. We can’t have another year like that with those injuries that crippled us. The upside is, look at the talent that’s come through and had experience at senior level that otherwise wouldn’t have got that,” Dunne said.

“With finishing 18th there’s gifts that are given to us.

“We’re going to have the No. 1 draft pick and, clearly, if some of these trades (Baker, Bolton, Rioli) happen, we’re going to have a very, very strong draft hand – one that we haven’t seen in a long time.

“To be able to rejuvenate our list right now, through the draft, it’s a perfect time to be doing it, before those concessions (for the new Tasmanian AFL club) come in.

“So, come along for the ride with us.

“We’re going to bring in some incredible talent and you’re going to be able to watch them grow and develop, right in front of our eyes at the MCG.

“These people playing and coming through together creates for a long, sustainable period of growth.

“Clearly, we’re going to bring in some young talent, but also, don’t forget, we haven’t had (Tom) Lynch), we haven’t had (Josh) Gibcus.

“To bring that sort of bookend-talent in, that automatically changes the way our side looks coming out of defence and moving into the forward line.

“So, I think there’s an uplift there . . .

“I couldn’t be more excited.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1652007/tigers-plan-to-restore-the-roar

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2024, 05:02:45 PM »
New visionary statement not needed now

Newly-appointed Richmond CEO Shane Dunne will not be emulating his predecessor Brendon Gale and delivering a visionary statement for the Club.

Gale, in 2010, just a few months after taking over as the Tigers’ CEO, released the now famous, bold, 3-0-75 visionary statement – three finals appearances (including one top-four finish) by 2014, zero debt and 75,000 members.

And the extra audacious addition to the visionary statement was that by 2020 Richmond would have a further three premiership cups in its trophy cabinet.

As gloriously prophetic as that turned out to be for the Club, Dunne doesn’t believe a new visionary statement is required now.

“If you think back to the time that was said, it was really about lifting the Club off the canvas,” Dunne said on the Talking Tigers podcast.

“It wasn’t just about premierships, it was also about clearing debt, taking us from 30,000 members to 75,000 members.

“The great legacy that Brendon has left us all now is this stable club. It’s a really strong club.

“So, that type of visionary statement, I’m not sure it’s necessary for this time.

“This is really about getting a list and a football program that can be competing for finals as soon as we possibly can."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1652843/new-visionary-statement-not-needed-now

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2024, 09:46:25 PM »
Let’s see how Dunne handles this.