Author Topic: Delistings?  (Read 2471 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Delistings?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2024, 09:20:16 PM »
Martin, Grimes, Naismith, Pickett. Retired
Bolton, Rioli, Baker, Graham. Trades and F/A.

Thats 8. Gray and Blight to list proper  thats 6 nd picks.

8 draft picks likely in the range of 1 thru 22. Need to cut 2.
Then we have great scope in the Rookie mid season and pre season drafts take two and mid season lti. need to cut 4
Then we have trades in the right age quality bracket at least 1 maybe 2. Makes 6  cuts.
Also we must be looking at potential state league players apparently we have two already in our vfl squad take one . makes 7.

So seven delistings who are they.

Coulthard 23yo done very little.
McIntosh 31yo way past it both age and performance.
Young 26yo limited kpd
Sonsie 22yo chronic underachiever.
Colina 25yo sheesh.we are kidding aren't we.
Cumberland 24yo another chronic underachiever
Dow 23yo never shown himself to be at the level.
Short 29yo trade him out and pay a chunk of his salary if need be. This is # 8 but imo we need to get this cancer out of the door.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2024, 09:22:43 PM »
Sonsie is 21 and been at the club 3 years. Will get another year. Young is contracted
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2024, 09:54:26 PM »
Sonsie is 21 and been at the club 3 years. Will get another year. Young is contracted

Sonsie is also contracted
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2024, 09:55:05 PM »
Sonsie's also contracted so he'll definitely be here next year...(EDIT:WP beat me to it)also if we delist everyone this year who do we delist next year given we're probably going to have to hit at least the next two drafts after this pretty hard as well before Tassie comes in.... :shh
« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 10:11:48 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2024, 11:58:58 PM »
Sonsie and Young aren't at risk yet.

I'd be keeping kmac for now.

Short open to trade.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2024, 02:33:06 PM »
Sonsie is 22 in January  before the start of the next season. He has shown sweet bugger all is timid afraid of contact and imo is a poor runner. If he was not pick 28 i think a lot would be calling for his head.

We have had him three seasons and for me that is enough. If he overcomes his weaknesses and manages to make it in another system so be it.

One lesson learnt mainly  from the pre Hardwick years and including those years i suppose, was we hung on in hope to players rather than with certainty.

Young is certainly superfluous to needs didnt realise he was contracted but would see if anyone was prepared to take him on.

We are going to give Blight a year and we have Miller and Young. Options to play Balta and Bauer so its down to one of the first three.
Would be finding out what we could get for Miller. I fear what we have seen so far is his ceiling.

Short open to trade.

McIntosh has become the defininition of list clogger. Campbell, Trezise, HRS, Banks, Smith, Travaglia or a running type in the draft.
Playing all of them instead of McIntosh. If we play him in a running role in front of all of them then we will really be defining list clogger taking games off kids.

As much as i would like it to be done even if we paid half his wage no one will want Short. One can only hope.

We could delist trade retire as many as eight right at this point in time Next year. we are either all in on rebuild or we are not.

If we have something like eight ND picks between 1 and 22 and don't use them then we are getting it horribly wrong.
If we do not look at a player trade or two to upgrade then we are getting it wrong.

If we are not making provision for useing the #1 picks  psd and rookie drafts  on mature types say 21 thru 24yo then we are getting it wrong. Same for the msd.

If we dont shop players out and pay part of their salary then we will be getting it wrong.

The only way to achieve this in what has to be one of the better most even drafts of all time is to make those hard decisions on who has to go.

We have two drafts before they become compromised so yes there should be a sense of urgency.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2024, 03:17:47 PM »
You've always hated the bloke!

There are developing players who need to go past him but with our retirements and trades this year it would be a foolish thing to delist KMac with his mature body. If the kids are pushing him out he should just play some VFL games next year.

We will still have plenty of spots available once we do the trades and delist some proper dead weight in Dow, Coulthard, Colina at a minimum. That's 3 spots. Add Dusty, Grimes, Pickett, Naismith, Graham, Baker, Bolton, Rioli.

11 spots total.

Short open to trade.

McIntosh has become the defininition of list clogger. Campbell, Trezise, HRS, Banks, Smith, Travaglia or a running type in the draft.
Playing all of them instead of McIntosh. If we play him in a running role in front of all of them then we will really be defining list clogger taking games off kids.

As much as i would like it to be done even if we paid half his wage no one will want Short. One can only hope.

We could delist trade retire as many as eight right at this point in time Next year. we are either all in on rebuild or we are not.

If we have something like eight ND picks between 1 and 22 and don't use them then we are getting it horribly wrong.
If we do not look at a player trade or two to upgrade then we are getting it wrong.

If we are not making provision for useing the #1 picks  psd and rookie drafts  on mature types say 21 thru 24yo then we are getting it wrong. Same for the msd.

If we dont shop players out and pay part of their salary then we will be getting it wrong.

The only way to achieve this in what has to be one of the better most even drafts of all time is to make those hard decisions on who has to go.

We have two drafts before they become compromised so yes there should be a sense of urgency.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2024, 08:03:11 PM »
To be fair to old mopsy claws he was actually a big supporter of Sir Runs-Alot to start with and was one of the first to call for him to picked in the seniors.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2024, 10:36:52 PM »
To be fair to old mopsy claws he was actually a big supporter of Sir Runs-Alot to start with and was one of the first to call for him to picked in the seniors.... :shh

REALLY i don't recall making much comment on Short until about 2018.
Oh well goes to show as i have argued i dont write players off early. Vaguely remember prefering him to Brandon Ellis and what a great comparison.

On this note im gunna have a read of the Short thread for fun.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2024, 10:41:18 PM »

Oh well goes to show as i have argued i dont write players off early. Vaguely remember prefering him to Brandon Ellis and what a great comparison.

Was referring to McIntosh..... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2024, 02:29:47 PM »
Blight, Smith & Trezise just re-signed for 1 year so it won't be them.....at least until next year.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2024, 05:02:19 PM »
I heard somewhere KMac has been told we won’t decide on him until after the trade period
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2024, 06:17:17 PM »
I heard somewhere KMac has been told we won’t decide on him until after the trade period

You'll find he's just one, there's a couple in that bracket
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2024, 10:20:51 PM »

Was referring to McIntosh..... :shh

Of course my bad.
Yep i was a fan of him as junior but as a tall running defender. We all get some wrong.

It won't go down well with him playing in premierships,  but with hindsight he should have been delisted after year 4 or 5 we went close on a few occasions but somehow he survived.

Too many ordinary role players is really biting us on the arse now and we find it hard to get rid of those who played in flags despite putrid form.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2024, 01:04:58 PM »
After we lose 5 this year , we won’t have too many left and most of the kids at this stage are below the level of ordinary , I suspect  we will have a lot more heartache  without these premiership players. Unless we have a better option they will stay on the list to at least look after the kids.