Author Topic: Delistings?  (Read 5560 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Delistings?
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2024, 02:13:25 PM »
Players in limbo according to @tommorris32:

Jason Johannisen
Alex Keath
Lachlan Gollant
Ned McHenry
Patrick Parnell
Matt Owies
Jack Carroll
Ben Paton
Jack Hayes
Denver Grainger-Barras
Ethan Phillips
Jayden Davey
Will Setterfield
Reef McInnes
Nathan Kreuger
Kamdyn McIntosh
Noah Cumberland

Quinton Narkle
Francis Evans

https://x.com/traderadio/status/1841689630049243567?t=5FDekFvau8_NjaMx8hxlaQ&s=19

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2024, 02:34:44 PM »
Will we finally grab Sparkle Narkle? :shh

Scumbaggers are seriously considering delisting their first decent small forward since the original run of Betts and the three amigos?  :propeller

If they do we should jump on him. That's the kind of DFA I would take. :shh :shh

EDIT: Just read he'll be 28 next year, thought he was only about 24/25 - hmm not ideal but would still offer him 2 years. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2024, 02:45:38 PM »
I'd take Owies as a DFA.

Stop gap player.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2024, 03:35:50 PM »
I'd take Owies as a DFA.

Stop gap player.

definately. 65 goals in 2 years.

I think he will get picked up in the draft anyway, if not next week.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2024, 05:25:54 PM »
Nathan Krueger?  Possible bung head, but has proved he can play KPF at Collingwood.  Big fella, can mark & kick goals … worth a late pick?     

:-\
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2024, 05:40:30 PM »
Nathan Krueger?  Possible bung head, but has proved he can play KPF at Collingwood.  Big fella, can mark & kick goals … worth a late pick?     

I think he looks like a politically incorrect word tbh

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2024, 05:54:11 PM »

Please let this NOT EVER HAPPEN
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2024, 05:59:50 PM »
Please let this NOT EVER HAPPEN

That sentence sounds like Nathan looks

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2024, 08:17:41 PM »
Owies can walk in. Our issue is that we are going to really struggle for a while. Drafting in forwards won't get bang for buck as the ball will be down the backline more than forward.

I'd be looking at some DFA backmen to help out, I'm unsure if Young and Miller are the answer in our rebuild. Do Lions or Swans have any key backs that aren't getting opportunities that could be an upgrade on what we have?
Go Tigers!

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2024, 09:52:16 PM »
Don't we have a zone somewhere up in the wimmera? Can't we draft kids from there with priority?

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2024, 09:56:30 PM »
A Carlton friend is happy to see him leave more of a mark lead type of forward than a natural crumber.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2024, 01:02:59 PM »
Owies can walk in. Our issue is that we are going to really struggle for a while. Drafting in forwards won't get bang for buck as the ball will be down the backline more than forward.

I'd be looking at some DFA backmen to help out, I'm unsure if Young and Miller are the answer in our rebuild. Do Lions or Swans have any key backs that aren't getting opportunities that could be an upgrade on what we have?

What about Balta and Gibcus aren't they the answer and already here. Im pretty sure Miller and Young are not the answer long term but are adequate cover in the short term if injury hits.
 Draft a quality kpd in the ND.

We are in dire need of quality key forwards. We have not replaced Riewoldt and Lynch is 32. Kossie,  Gray, and Lefau like Miller and Young down back are not high quality  replacements and are certainly not at the talent level of JR or TL.

The midfield scenario is also dire especially with the lack in both numbers and mids with pace footskills and size.

Taranto is never going to win a stawell gift, Hopper is the same, Prestia no longer has pace, Ross is slow, Graham is slow, Dow is slow Sonsie is slow, McAuliffe has okay pace.

Have a look at that lot that is our list of mids.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2024, 06:29:21 PM »

What about Balta and Gibcus aren't they the answer and already here. Im pretty sure Miller and Young are not the answer long term but are adequate cover in the short term if injury hits.

We are in dire need of quality key forwards. We have not replaced Riewoldt and Lynch is 32. Kossie,  Gray, and Lefau like Miller and Young down back are not high quality  replacements and are certainly not at the talent level of JR or TL.

The midfield scenario is also dire especially with the lack in both numbers and mids with pace footskills and size.

Taranto is never going to win a stawell gift, Hopper is the same, Prestia no longer has pace, Ross is slow, Graham is slow, Dow is slow Sonsie is slow, McAuliffe has okay pace.

Speed is good Butler was quick, I think Coutard is quick…??

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2024, 06:30:59 PM »

Speed is good Butler was quick, I think Coutard is quick…??

Yes but he doesn't get near it- Yassine is just as quick if not quicker, also tougher and would be an upgrade. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2024, 12:51:40 AM »

- Thomas Sowell