Author Topic: Delistings?  (Read 5557 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Delistings?
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2024, 04:06:34 PM »
Aren't rookies on the primary list these days? Only that Cat B poo is separate I believe
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2024, 04:45:32 PM »
Aren't rookies on the primary list these days? Only that Cat B poo is separate I believe

No they're not but they (cat A) can be selected for AFL games without being promoted

Cat B cannot be selected unless promoted due to someone going on the LTIL
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2024, 04:53:48 PM »
Roger. Suppose you could rookie list KMac then but don't see much point, not sure he'd see much point going around on that salary either. Would surely be better off moving to the next phase of life.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2024, 07:38:18 PM »
Id delist them all.

Pick up some other kids in the draft. Better chance we find a Nick Larkey type kid at 73 or Mitch Lewis at 76 then hope that any of those mentioned above will come good for us to contend in 4-5 years.

Kmac may be kept depending on how shot our list is next year and may need some mature bodies to give some of the kids a chop out.

Dow is young but I just don't see him being good enough and I'd prefer to give this year's draft crop and McAullife and Sonsie his minutes to develop in the middle.

Think we already have quite a few spots?

3 retirees, Graham, impending Baker/Bolton/Rioli.

That's 7 spots already.

Agree re: drafting deep though. Just gotta take a chance.
Nope not right Blight and Gray take up two spots.
4 retirees - Pickett, Naismith, Grimes, Martin.
Trades - Graham, Rioli, Bolton, Baker.
Thats six spots open with the following to happen.
 We utilise the rookie and psd with pick one in our hands could take a couple of mature upgrades on the likes of Dow and co.. Maybe take a state league mature body plus our 8 nd picks
That to me is at least 4 or 5 delistings.
I think we were crazy not to keep a few late nd picks which would mean even more delistings.

Rookies are in addition to the main list aren't they? So Blight + Gray + P1 Rookie draft don't count from out 38 listed players?

We just cleared 8 spots on the primary list. 8 draft picks.

Plus I would get rid of Dow + Cumberland.

I mean couldn't we even just offer KMac a rookie contract?

They dont count towards your primary list spots but they do towards your total list spots. Right now we have 28 primary listed players (this still includes the guys out of contract this season) out of the required 36-38 spots. So at a minimum we need to add 8 to the list and a maximum of 10.

However, the total combined list (primary + rookie), has to comprise a maximum of 44 players. We currently have 10 rookies (this still includes the guys out of contract this season). So if we were to draft players with all 8 of our picks (I don’t think we will), we would have a total primary list size of 36 (that’s the bare minimum) and a total list size of 48, which is 2 more then what is allowed. We would then have to cut 2 from the rookie list + however many players we want to take in the preseason draft and SSP period.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2024, 07:42:15 PM »
Id delist them all.

Pick up some other kids in the draft. Better chance we find a Nick Larkey type kid at 73 or Mitch Lewis at 76 then hope that any of those mentioned above will come good for us to contend in 4-5 years.

Kmac may be kept depending on how shot our list is next year and may need some mature bodies to give some of the kids a chop out.

Dow is young but I just don't see him being good enough and I'd prefer to give this year's draft crop and McAullife and Sonsie his minutes to develop in the middle.

Think we already have quite a few spots?

3 retirees, Graham, impending Baker/Bolton/Rioli.

That's 7 spots already.

Agree re: drafting deep though. Just gotta take a chance.
Nope not right Blight and Gray take up two spots.
4 retirees - Pickett, Naismith, Grimes, Martin.
Trades - Graham, Rioli, Bolton, Baker.
Thats six spots open with the following to happen.
 We utilise the rookie and psd with pick one in our hands could take a couple of mature upgrades on the likes of Dow and co.. Maybe take a state league mature body plus our 8 nd picks
That to me is at least 4 or 5 delistings.
I think we were crazy not to keep a few late nd picks which would mean even more delistings.

Rookies are in addition to the main list aren't they? So Blight + Gray + P1 Rookie draft don't count from out 38 listed players?

We just cleared 8 spots on the primary list. 8 draft picks.

Plus I would get rid of Dow + Cumberland.

I mean couldn't we even just offer KMac a rookie contract?

They dont count towards your primary list spots but they do towards your total list spots. Right now we have 28 primary listed players (this still includes the guys out of contract this season) out of the required 36-38 spots. So at a minimum we need to add 8 to the list and a maximum of 10.

However, the total combined list (primary + rookie), has to comprise a maximum of 44 players. We currently have 10 rookies (this still includes the guys out of contract this season). So if we were to draft players with all 8 of our picks (I don’t think we will), we would have a total primary list size of 36 (that’s the bare minimum) and a total list size of 48, which is 2 more then what is allowed. We would then have to cut 2 from the rookie list + however many players we want to take in the preseason draft and SSP period.

Cheers man.

Time to cut a few then IMO

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2024, 07:50:22 PM »
I think if anything our rookie list is the one that needs to be looked at. Having 10 on there is massive. I suspect Coulthard and Colina to be cut from the rookie list and some others to be upgraded such as Young, Bauer, Lefau, Campbell. That’s if they haven’t already been upgraded, I was just going by what the contracts page on this forum had listed and admittedly that doesn’t look to have been updated in yonks.

I don’t know if we actually have scope to cut anyone else from the primary list. It of course depends on if any rookies get elevated but atm we need to add a minimum of 8 players to the primary list and that’s still counting kmac, Cumberland and Dow on there.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2024, 09:33:44 PM by Tiger Khosh »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2024, 10:07:33 PM »
Sparkle Narkle just delisted by Port...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2024, 10:22:28 PM »
Id delist them all.

Remember when Hardwick delisted them all and took 14 picks. How many of them lasted 3 years. Not many.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2024, 10:50:02 PM »
Id delist them all.

Remember when Hardwick delisted them all and took 14 picks. How many of them lasted 3 years. Not many.

What was our draft hand that year?  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: Yesterday at 07:24:49 AM »
Id delist them all.

was it the 09 draft Dio? If so dusty, grimes, astbury amongst those inclusions

bingo!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: Yesterday at 09:13:35 AM »
16 new players. I don't remember most of the rookie draftees haha

ND - 2 wins out of 9
Dusty
Griffiths
Astbury
Dea
Taylor
Webberly
Nason
Nahas (rookie promotion)
Browne (rookie promotion)

PSD 1 win from 1
Grimes

Rookie Draft 0.5 wins maybe from 6 (Polak?)
Hicks
Contin
Roberts
Westhoff
Polak
O'Reilly

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: Yesterday at 09:25:02 AM »

ND - 2 wins out of 9
Dusty
Griffiths
Astbury
Dea
Taylor
Webberly
Nason
Nahas (rookie promotion)

PSD 1 win from 1
Grimes

Hicks
Contin
Roberts
Westhoff
Polak
O'Reilly

what kind of draft was it and what picks were all of those names you listed in the top?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: Yesterday at 12:01:51 PM »

ND - 2 wins out of 9
Dusty
Griffiths
Astbury
Dea
Taylor
Webberly
Nason
Nahas (rookie promotion)

PSD 1 win from 1
Grimes

Hicks
Contin
Roberts
Westhoff
Polak
O'Reilly

what kind of draft was it and what picks were all of those names you listed in the top?

ND = National Draft

3 Dusty
19 Griffiths
35 Astbury
44 Dea
51 Taylor
67 Webberly
71 Nason
89 Nahas (rookie promotion)
94 Browne (rookie promotion)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: Yesterday at 12:33:09 PM »
Id delist them all.

was it the 09 draft Dio? If so dusty, grimes, astbury amongst those inclusions

bingo!

Remenber Rat off a sinking ship only arrived just before the draft in 09. Grimes was the 2010 psd.  You would think most of the work was already done in 09  and Hardwick had limited say in that draft.
We had 7 picks that draft and if not for the dusty pick it would have been deemed a massive failure.
We gavs Benny Cousins a go thru the psd and traded Schulz for Mitch Farmer lol.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: Yesterday at 12:58:07 PM »
Dusty or not, it's a fail IMO.

16 inclusions and only 3 good careers.

Some of those late picks we were literally throwing darts at the board, blindfolded and drunk.

Hindsight always being funny:
3 - Dusty
19 - Nathan Fyfe
35 - Astbury
44 - Ben Stratton
51 - Taylor Duryea
67 - Matt Maguire

PSD
2 - Grimes

Rookie
7 - Michael Barlow
23 - Stuart Crameri