Author Topic: Delistings?  (Read 5513 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Delistings?
« Reply #105 on: Yesterday at 01:00:50 PM »
We have plenty of picks this year. Just need to make them count.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #106 on: Yesterday at 04:24:18 PM »
Troy Taylor was the original Sydney Stack.... :shh

Pat Contin was stiff...cleanest player on our list when-much like now- we weren't exactly brimming with clean players... :shh

O'Reilly  looked promising , had those superior Gaelic footskills- but got homesick... :shh

Relton could play too, but he just preferred to eat.... :shh

Westhoff had a build that made Dow look like Dew(yeah fancy a Westhoff being a twig) ....was also a flog who hated Richmond and was embarrassed to play for us.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: Yesterday at 04:39:59 PM »
Id delist them all.

Pick up some other kids in the draft. Better chance we find a Nick Larkey type kid at 73 or Mitch Lewis at 76 then hope that any of those mentioned above will come good for us to contend in 4-5 years.

Kmac may be kept depending on how shot our list is next year and may need some mature bodies to give some of the kids a chop out.

Dow is young but I just don't see him being good enough and I'd prefer to give this year's draft crop and McAullife and Sonsie his minutes to develop in the middle.

Think we already have quite a few spots?

3 retirees, Graham, impending Baker/Bolton/Rioli.

That's 7 spots already.

Agree re: drafting deep though. Just gotta take a chance.
Nope not right Blight and Gray take up two spots.
4 retirees - Pickett, Naismith, Grimes, Martin.
Trades - Graham, Rioli, Bolton, Baker.
Thats six spots open with the following to happen.
 We utilise the rookie and psd with pick one in our hands could take a couple of mature upgrades on the likes of Dow and co.. Maybe take a state league mature body plus our 8 nd picks
That to me is at least 4 or 5 delistings.
I think we were crazy not to keep a few late nd picks which would mean even more delistings.

Rookies are in addition to the main list aren't they? So Blight + Gray + P1 Rookie draft don't count from out 38 listed players?

We just cleared 8 spots on the primary list. 8 draft picks.

Plus I would get rid of Dow + Cumberland.

I mean couldn't we even just offer KMac a rookie contract?

They dont count towards your primary list spots but they do towards your total list spots. Right now we have 28 primary listed players (this still includes the guys out of contract this season) out of the required 36-38 spots. So at a minimum we need to add 8 to the list and a maximum of 10.

However, the total combined list (primary + rookie), has to comprise a maximum of 44 players. We currently have 10 rookies (this still includes the guys out of contract this season). So if we were to draft players with all 8 of our picks (I don’t think we will), we would have a total primary list size of 36 (that’s the bare minimum) and a total list size of 48, which is 2 more then what is allowed. We would then have to cut 2 from the rookie list + however many players we want to take in the preseason draft and SSP period.

Cheers man.

Time to cut a few then IMO
id be right peeed off if we dont use 8 nd picks this year. Only way id be okay  with less is if we trade into pick 2 which currently i am against. Im filthy we dont have pick 14. Im also bemused we did not manage to at the very least keep a few later nd picks.

How hard would it be to target a potential upgrade on say Dow and Coulthard or even Fumbles with our rookie pick and psd pick.

We are no longer in charity mode its full on rebuild.
Have been saying for ages we should have been aiming to keep a few later picks as well.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: Yesterday at 04:58:44 PM »
Surely we'll announce delistings soon so some of these muppets can look for lifelines?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: Yesterday at 06:46:24 PM »
Should be any day now.

I’d be surprised if we use all 8, in thinking more like 5-6 with the other 2-3 used to get earlier picks in this draft or trade into next years draft.

Remember as it stands next year we only have 3 picks (1st, 2nd and 4th rounders) and barring Taranto or Balta (fresh off a 7 year deal) deciding they want out, I can’t see anyone left on our list who would net us anywhere near the picks we got by our trades this year.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: Yesterday at 07:20:01 PM »
Trade a few for future picks. normally a sound idea.

For instance What is pick 23 and 24 worth next year. The consensus is any other year those picks would be worth 15  thru  19 or there abouts are we going to get that for them with future picks.. I dont think so.

It really is worth our while using those picks this year. It was worth our while having even more.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #111 on: Today at 12:10:01 AM »
Tigers duo remain in limbo

Lachlan Geleit
SEN
22 Oct 2024

The other two players who may still play on in 2025 are Richmond duo Kamdyn McIntosh and Noah Cumberland.

While Richmond have lost Liam Baker, Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli to trade, Jack Graham to free agency and Dylan Grimes, Dustin Martin, Sam Naismith and Marlion Pickett to retirement, they’re yet to announce any delistings.

As a result, Morris is intrigued where the future lies for McIntosh, who is a dual premiership player, and Cumberland, who has kicked 33 AFL goals from 25 career games.

“Kamdyn McIntosh is another one, he is a dual premiership player for Richmond and a free agent, he’s just in limbo at the moment,” Morris said.

“The Tigers haven’t made any delistings so far, so Noah Cumberland is another player who is in limbo.

“But Kamdyn McIntosh is the one I’ve got an eye on because he’s a free agent and dual premiership player.

“It’s just interesting to see what the Tigers are going to do with their listen given how many draft picks they have.”

McIntosh appeared in 22 senior games in 2024 while Cumberland played 7 AFL games last campaign.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/10/22/demons-to-delist-utility-before-deadline-as-tigers-duo-remain-in-limbo/

---------

Tom Morris added on 9news last night that Kmac will be limbo for "at least another day or two".

https://x.com/9NewsMelb/status/1848639702858932604