Author Topic: AFLW: Richmond vs Sydney @ Coffs Harbour --- Round 3, 2024  (Read 887 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: AFLW: Richmond vs Sydney @ Coffs Harbour --- Round 3, 2024
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2024, 03:08:04 PM »
Finally got a chance to watch the game.

Excellent performance from the girls.  :gotigers :clapping

McKenzie was elite all day. Just oozed class and was very clean and had minimal mistakes. She makes me want to watch the girls game.

Great to see Sheerin back and seeing her play midfield on occasion.

Brennan was an absolute beast up forward and should've kicked more than 3 goals.

Mon Conti was heavily tagged but still impacted with her class and poise. She was a tackling machine all day.

Hosking and Mckelland were effective keeping the ball up forward.

"Merv Keane" Graham was much improved today. Thought Lynch was very good in defence. And great to see Gabby Seymour get more involved and exert her energy and influence. .

Egan was better and made less mistakes and was much more effective than the last two matches.

Greiser was still terrible I thought. Except for one play where she used her size and bulk to get front position and took an easy mark. Why she doesn't do this every contest is beyond my comprehension. Besides the minor wins she did have she was easily bumped off the ball, her opponent got better position and her kicking for goal is sub standard.

Lastly a very Special mention to my whipping girl Poppy Kelly who played an excellent game all round. She dominated ruck taps and even got the odd clearance herself. Her around the ground marking was very good. I hope to see this consistently all year and if she plays to this level you'll never hear me say a negative word about her again.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2024, 03:43:17 PM »
Richmond coach Ryan Ferguson was extremely pleased with the Tigers five unanswered goals in the first quarter.

“I really like getting out of the blocks early, you’re not going to always put that many goals on an opposition but when you get the chance you need to be able to do that,” Ferguson said.

“But it was more just setting the tone in the way that we played, our hunt of the ball, our pressure was immense early so we were winning the contested ball but they had no time and space and that just allowed us to get territory dominance and then some composure with our disposal allowed us to get some scoreboard pressure which was huge.”

https://aflnorthcoast.com.au/2024/09/14/tigers-too-tough-in-aflw-clash/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2024, 12:14:07 AM »
Back-to-back 😮‍💨

Ellie McKenzie is your Week 3 Player of the Match.

VIDEO: https://x.com/RichmondWomens/status/1835529681136939179