Author Topic: How did we all rate 2024 trade week?  (Read 913 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: How did we all rate 2024 trade week?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2024, 01:37:30 PM »
Rioli was major overs. We got lucky that he wanted to go to Gold Coast and that they don’t care about picks.

Look at what the pies gave up for a better player in Houston as a comparison.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2024, 03:48:12 PM »
Simple get it all right.

Retain pick 32 and turn it into pick 27 or something. Just  like Brissie did with the pick

We gave up a whopping 1714 points for a pick worth 912.
The four picks we gave up would be worth gold on draft night.

Even if we gave up 42,43, 45, and 51 we would still be giving away 1379 points.
On many levels i think this deal was a fail.

To not get a very early pick for Shai was a miss imo.To lose pick 14 well lets just say not happy.

In all trades we got a decent outcome but it could have been damn better. Hence only 7 out of ten for me.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2024, 09:47:10 PM »
Rioli was major overs. We got lucky that he wanted to go to Gold Coast and that they don’t care about picks.

Look at what the pies gave up for a better player in Houston as a comparison.

This is just horse poo. Carlton gave up pick 8 for Saad.
Houston probably had the better year marginally but for god sakes swap jumpers and watch him then.
Reality is that Suns got about what they should’ve for a player that fills a specific need at the top of his game. He will be an absolute superstar in that team.
Yes, Collingwood got unders and Port were shafted. That’s the reality. But Rioli is at least Houston’s peer

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2024, 10:03:24 PM »
Houston is superior to Rioli imo regardless of what team he plays for, he’s just the better player.

Saad was traded to carlton for pick 8 which I’ll also classify that as overs and that’s still noticeably less than what we got Rioli for being pick 6 and 23.

Again we got lucky that it was the suns, no other club is making a deal like that. I mean they gave up pick 2 for Lachie Weller for goodness sakes.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2024, 10:11:09 PM »
I reckon the 23 was cancelled out by all the late picks they got for academy players. In was in effect pick 6. I don’t really get the Houston pr, he’s a high half back, good player lovely kick but would struggle in a bottom 3 team. One position player, non defensive - easiest place on the park to get a kick.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2024, 10:13:12 PM »
agree HRT. I thought i was the only person in the country who doesnt buy his worth. FMD since when did he become the best player in the afl?

Rioli remember is a premiership player who has performed in grand finals.

stuff i hope the pies stuff this right up
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2024, 10:30:29 PM »
Those late picks when put together still only combine to be the equivalent of pick 40 so can’t say that cancels out the additional pick 23 that we got.

I think it all comes down to my perception that half back flankers just aren’t worth top10 picks. Whether that’s Rioli, Saad or Houston.

Houston to me is the best of the 3. Best kick, best mark and best contested player of the 3. Defensively none of them are great but that’s not really the job of a half back flanker these days.

Anyway more than happy to get overs on that one.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2024, 10:51:22 PM »
Houston's a poor man's Dawson. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 07:33:18 PM »
I reckon the 23 was cancelled out by all the late picks they got for academy players. In was in effect pick 6. I don’t really get the Houston pr, he’s a high half back, good player lovely kick but would struggle in a bottom 3 team. One position player, non defensive - easiest place on the park to get a kick.

Such a shame the honest appraisal of Houston was not applied to Rioli.

Not having a go when it comes to their own players most  supporters of all clubs are blinkered.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 08:18:11 PM »
The appraisal was a comparison. As stated, I don’t get the pr on Houston