Author Topic: rd 13team v the pies.  (Read 3554 times)

letsgetiton!

rd 13team v the pies.
« on: June 29, 2006, 06:22:43 PM »
RICHMOND FC

PLAYERS
Backs:   C. Newman D. Gaspar A. Kellaway
Half Backs:   A. Raines R. Hall J. Bowden
Centre:   G. Tivendale S. Tuck K. Johnson
Half Forwards:   D. Polo M. Richardson K. Pettifer
Forwards:   P. Bowden J. Schulz N. Brown
Followers:   T. Simmonds, B. Deledio, C. Hyde
Interchange:   R. Tambling, A. Pattison, D. Meyer, N. Foley, A. Krakouer, M. White, C. Howat

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=matchfocus&spg=pregame&m_tournamentmatch_id=1658

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: team v the pies.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 06:46:11 PM »
It would be unfair to drop Patto after arguably his best game for the club so him being named on the bench makes me pretty certain Richo won't play and Patto will move to CHF. Simmo also needs a ruck partner with no Staff and Knobel. Staff had to be dropped so not unhappy there. Having both Gas and Razor in the one backline makes me nervous. We're obviously worried about the Pies forward line and Razor's past two games. Don't expect too much skill coming out of defence  :help.

That leaves 2 to go out from Meyer, Krakouer, White, Foley, Tambling and Howat. Blingers must play. Howat must be playing too surely otherwise why would we promote him. That would mean White won't come in. So one left to go from Meyer, Krak and Foley. I know who would get the chop according to OERites lol. 

In: Schulz, Gas, Howat
Out: Staff, Cogs (inj) and one of Krak, Meyer or Foley.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

Re: rd 13team v the pies.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 06:48:37 PM »
lets hope it absolutely peees down during the game. thats our major hope i reckon.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 06:50:28 PM »
i think krak howat or foley will miss out

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 07:00:08 PM »
I agree X but promoting Howat then not playing him is a waste of Club money.

lets hope it absolutely peees down during the game. thats our major hope i reckon.

Sunday's forecast: 13 with showers  :thumbsup. Let's hope the conditions are like that Freo game a couple of years ago. A 3 hour slog in a MCG swamp.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 07:01:24 PM »
To be honest, I dont believe promoting him was the right decision. I cant see him being a long term player. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 07:30:53 PM »
Will have a fair idea who's in on Saturday afternoon at about 1.10pm when Coburg takes on Werribee. The Burgers are finally on the telly so we will all know ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 11:35:08 PM »
Richo named for Pies clash
6:26:30 PM Thu 29 June, 2006
Exclusive to richmondfc.com.au

Richmond has named spearhead Matthew Richardson to take on Collingwood this Sunday at the MCG despite the forward having surgery on Wednesday to remove the pins from his injured wrist.

Richardson fractured the wrist in round nine against the Cats and had screws inserted to stabilise it two days after the incident.

The key forward joins Darren Gaspar, Jay Schulz, Matthew White and Cameron Howat as the possible inclusions in place of the injured Mark Coughlan and Greg Stafford.

Gaspar will play his fifth game for the season while Schulz hasn't played since round two this year. White will play his second game for 2006 while rookie Howat will make his AFL debut after being promoted to the senior list in place of Coughlan.

Richmond football manager Paul Armstrong said the final decision on Richardson wouldn't be made until the 11th hour, while promotion to the senior list was a good reward for 22-year-old midfielder Howat.

"The team is not training tomorrow but 'Richo' did everything we expected him to. But a decision will be made on the day if he plays," Armstrong told richmondfc.com.au on Thursday night.

"Cam Howat has been terrific for the last three weeks in the VFL and has been placed on the senior list with 'Cogs' being placed on the long-term injury list."

Meanwhile, the Magpies have named three inclusions to their side. Much-improved defender Dane Swan has been named after missing the past two games with a hamstring complaint while Jason Cloke and Shane Wakelin are also in the squad.

The trio are on the extended bench alongside recently elevated rookie Harry O'Brien, Chad Morrison, Scott Pendlebury and Dale Thomas.

RICHMOND v COLLINGWOOD
Sunday, 2:10pm AEST, MCG

RICHMOND
B: Newman, Gaspar, Kellaway
HB: Raines, Hall, J.Bowden
C: Tivendale, Tuck, Johnson
HF: Polo, Richardson, Pettifer
F: P.Bowden, Schulz, Brown
FOLL: Simmonds, Deledio, Hyde
I/C (from): Krakouer, White, Foley, Tambling, Howat, Meyer, Pattison
IN: Gaspar, Richardson, Schulz, White, Howat
NEW: Cameron Howat (Box Hill Hawks)

COLLINGWOOD
B: Johnson, Prestigiacomo, H.Shaw
HB: Lonie, Clement, R.Shaw
C: Egan, O'Bree, Buckley
HF: Tarrant, T.Cloke, Licuria
F: Didak, Rocca, Davis
FOLL: Fraser, Burns, Lockyer
I/C (from): J.Cloke, O'Brien, Morrison, Pendlebury, Swan, Thomas, Wakelin
IN: J.Cloke, Swan, Wakelin
OUT: -

Field umpires: Kennedy, McLaren, Meredith

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=277233

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 04:28:04 PM »
Sauce says Richo, Krak and Howat are the likely ones to miss from the named 25-man sqaud (not 100% sure). So in comes White, Gas and Schulz for Staff, Cogs and Krakouer.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 04:48:11 PM »
Field umpires: Kennedy, McLaren, Meredith

Just saw who is umpiring our game  :help. Tarrant and Didak will be happy  :-X.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 05:00:20 PM »
Sauce says Richo, Krak and Howat are the likely ones to miss from the named 25-man sqaud (not 100% sure).

Leek soup said they are not surprised  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 06:30:34 PM »
Richmond management should have sledged Collingwood during the week. Its been a pee poor effort. Does anyone know how many reserved seats have been sold for this contest? The lack of hype, may mean we get 65,000 or less...theres still time for RFC leaders like Miller to sledge em, and then fleece em at the gates.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 07:05:10 PM »
Richmond management should have sledged Collingwood during the week. Its been a pee poor effort. Does anyone know how many reserved seats have been sold for this contest? The lack of hype, may mean we get 65,000 or less...theres still time for RFC leaders like Miller to sledge em, and then fleece em at the gates.

I'd rather we didn't otherwise we'll say something lame again like "they don't respect us". Let them unsuspect the Tiger roar on Sunday  :thumbsup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: rd 13team v the pies - Richo out
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 11:53:32 PM »
Sunday's line-ups
6:28:14 PM Fri 30 June, 2006
Sportal for afl.com.au

Richmond has left out star forward Matthew Richardson for Sunday's important clash with Collingwood at the MCG.

Richardson, who was named at centre half-forward on Thursday night, had surgery on Wednesday to remove pins from his wrist, which he fractured in round nine against Geelong.

He has been named as an emergency with rover Andrew Krakouer, who has been dropped, and rookie Cameron Howat.

Youngster Matthew White comes back into the team for his second game after making his debut in round 10 and will start on the bench with Richard Tambling, Nathan Foley and Danny Meyer.

Much-improved midfielder Dane Swan has been named as an emergency for Collingwood which has decided not to make any changes to the team that defeated Sydney last week at Telstra Stadium.

The Magpies have named Dale Thomas, Harry O'Brien, Chad Morrison and Scott Pendlebury on their bench, with Swan, Shane Wakelin and Jason Cloke the emergencies.

RICHMOND v COLLINGWOOD
Sunday, 2:10pm AEST, MCG

RICHMOND
B: Newman, Gaspar, Kellaway
HB: Raines, Hall, J.Bowden
C: Tivendale, Tuck, Johnson
HF: Polo, Pattison, Pettifer
F: P.Bowden, Schulz, Brown
FOLL: Simmonds, Deledio, Hyde
I/C: White, Tambling, Meyer, Foley
IN: Gaspar, Schulz, White
Em: Howat, Richardson, Krakouer

COLLINGWOOD
B: Johnson, Prestigiacomo, H.Shaw
HB: Lonie, Clement, R.Shaw
C: Egan, O'Bree, Buckley
HF: Tarrant, T.Cloke, Licuria
F: Didak, Rocca, Davis
FOLL: Fraser, Burns, Lockyer
I/C: O'Brien, Morrison, Pendlebury, Thomas
EM: J.Cloke, Swan, Wakelin
No Change

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=277484

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tarrant or Ben Johnson possibly in doubt to play
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 12:09:51 AM »
Sauce says Richo, Krak and Howat are the likely ones to miss from the named 25-man sqaud (not 100% sure). So in comes White, Gas and Schulz for Staff, Cogs and Krakouer.

Sauce again first with the line-ups  :clapping  :thumbsup.

Apparently there may be a late change for the Pies. Could be Tarrant which would be good news for us if he doesn't play as it then puts all the workload on Rocca in the Pies forward line. Pies forum think it'll be Ben Johnson with Swan coming in.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 12:44:19 AM by mightytiges »