Author Topic: Basketball / NBA / NBL  (Read 30521 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Basketball / NBA / NBL
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »
yep, you're clearly not watching any Kwame Brown basketball. You believe the journos who try to have a whack at him like they did with the Bynum stuff. ;D Please point out where he took credit for Bynum's success ;D and please don't say it was when he said "I taught him everything he knows" which was clearly a tounge in cheek comment. did you miss the game this year where Bynum could hardly score on Brown? He got all of his points when Biedrins was on the court, just like Howard did last season when Brown was off and the Bobcats had to chuck some scrub on.

There are very few centers who can score on Kwame without having to bust their ass. He's a very good defender and close to the best post defender in the league. He wasn't picked #1 in the draft and still playing for good money 10 years later for no reason. He's a solid player. He's average on offense but not a liability. He sets a lot of good screens and averages about 8 points.There's a reason why Miami and Boston were chasing him.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2012, 10:33:49 AM »
and LMAO at the lucky he has size comment. That's like saying "lucky Nash isn't 7 foot otherwise he wouldn't be able to play PG"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »
:rollin :lol Close to the best defender in the league.  :lol   :rollin   Almost as funny as Kwame taking credit for Andrew Bynum's success.

Please point out the game where he "raped Howard."

He is a solid defender but he's a complete offensive liability.  He's lucky he's got size or he would have been out of the league or glued to the bench, Adam Morrison style, years ago.

Raped Howard again yesterday. Rejected him a couple of times and how many points did Howard score on Kwame? 2.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »
:rollin :lol Close to the best defender in the league.  :lol   :rollin   Almost as funny as Kwame taking credit for Andrew Bynum's success.

Please point out the game where he "raped Howard."

He is a solid defender but he's a complete offensive liability.  He's lucky he's got size or he would have been out of the league or glued to the bench, Adam Morrison style, years ago.

Raped Howard again yesterday. Rejected him a couple of times and how many points did Howard score on Kwame? 2.

Howard's playing like a dud though

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2012, 01:10:22 AM »
True but he got bent over big time by Brown. Took it very personally too. The refs came to his rescue by calling pretend fouls on Kwame.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2012, 03:09:31 AM »
Only recently got more into the NBA. Chose the Bobcats last year to follow as I didn't have a team and they just appealed to me, rookie mistake haha!

gerkin greg

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2012, 11:21:38 AM »
yeah i'd switch mate  :lol

i'm a knicks fan cause i went to the garden this year to see em, good year to get on  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »
yeah i'd switch mate  :lol

i'm a knicks fan cause i went to the garden this year to see em, good year to get on  ;D

Unfortuantly I'm used to following a team that hasn't been going so well  :-[

dwaino

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2012, 04:30:25 PM »
Only recently got more into the NBA. Chose the Bobcats last year to follow as I didn't have a team and they just appealed to me, rookie mistake haha!

Filling the old Hornets void after they moved.

I'm a Pistons man since all my other teams are Detroit. Haven't had any joy in the NBA in yonks though  :lol Just like being a Richmond supporter. Since the Lions have been rotten thus season too I can't wait for the bloody NHL season to start since I need at least something to cheer about  :banghead

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2012, 01:34:10 AM »

Filling the old Hornets void after they moved.

I'm a Pistons man since all my other teams are Detroit. Haven't had any joy in the NBA in yonks though  :lol Just like being a Richmond supporter. Since the Lions have been rotten thus season too I can't wait for the bloody NHL season to start since I need at least something to cheer about  :banghead

You'll have all of next September to cheer  :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »
Australian basketball in crisis once again. The NBL could be down to just 7 teams which would put the comp's future in jeopardy. 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/nbl-in-crisis-after-townsville-crocodiles-fold/story-fne39tgo-1226615004280

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2013, 02:32:56 PM »
Australian basketball in crisis once again. The NBL could be down to just 7 teams which would put the comp's future in jeopardy. 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/nbl-in-crisis-after-townsville-crocodiles-fold/story-fne39tgo-1226615004280

Indoor sports in Australia will always struggle due to the fact that TV rights and sponsorships do not earn enough to keep them afloat. Plus if you can only fit 4 figure crowds into your stadiums, gate takings and merchandising just wont cut it either.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:14:49 PM by tiga »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »

Indoor sports in Australia will always struggle

Especially when they leave the roof open and it rains.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2013, 10:21:43 PM »

Indoor sports in Australia will always struggle

Especially when they leave the roof open and it rains.

:lol :clapping

Offline kingkingston

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
    • aussiesportsforum
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2013, 03:26:01 AM »
Are there any around ? and if so, who do you go for ?